Abandoning last gen: Good or bad

if there is no specific Disney Infinity forum then it goes in here

Abandoning last gen: Good or bad

Postby MightyGitis » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:13 pm

@megadrive2 They use PS4 AND 360 at Avalanche. And 360 is NOT one of the more stable consoles for Infinity. It's one of the bottom two. With PS3. LOL.

THEY USED to develop using solely 360 back in 1.0 and early 2.0. This is dated information.

Also you don't port up to a higher console you port down. That's how consoles like Wii U have less stuff in the hub. Was removed on the port DOWN to the WiiU level.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Abandoning last gen: Good or bad

Postby rogpalmeruk » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:01 pm

There will always be gamers who will be willing to get new consoles asap, while others will drag along, expecting every game to be on the older consoles.... technology moves along fast, i can't see a big shift away from what we have right now for another year or two... ps4 and xbox one have converted a lot of people to the next gen, the problem with the Wii U, is its being compared to a hugely successful console that attracted a different casual audience that the majority of that audience now have tablets/ipads. Xbox and Sony will drop support to older consoles soon, they want people to upgrade to the newest consoles...just comparing new games available to pre-order shows companies and dropping last gen... but casual games are one of the last to drop.. heck skylanders superchargers made a wii version which is probably one of the only wii games of the year.. i don't think the one game fits all devices system works in the long run, this one experience for all just is way to spread out and it could be the whole game is suffering because of it...

rank_250_ftb
rogpalmeruk
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Skellington0327 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:31 pm

I hope by 5.0 they drop PS3 and 360, people can't expect games to be released for last gen consoles forever.
"The past can hurt, but the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it." - Rafiki

"You must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from, your only limit is your soul." - Gusteau (Ratatouille)

rank_500
Skellington0327
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby megadrive2 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:15 pm

@MightyGitis I've personally played & compared 3.0 on every console and 360 & Wii U are by far the most stable builds, displaying the least amount of bugs in my time with them so far. I have the most issues with Xbox One & PS4 including game save corruption & hard locks of the console.
Regarding the development timeline according to a member of the dev team, the 360 was lead platform for 3.0. I'm not disputing any info you've received just confirming what I stated was from a conversation with the team and not something I had guessed or made up.

Geri the Cleaner
megadrive2
Main Console: Wii U

Postby MightyGitis » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:17 pm

@megadrive2 you can believe what you want. I was specifically told by someone at Avalanche that 360 is considered the weakest 3.0 console. I'm sure you really couldn't have had time to fully put toy box to the test on all those consoles

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby megadrive2 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:28 pm

^ I've played a good chunks of the toybox, twilight & takeover on all of them. None of them are perfect obviously and each version has it's pros and it's cons, but so far, the 360 & wii u have the least issues in my experience with them.

Geri the Cleaner
megadrive2

Postby MightyGitis » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:32 pm

A simple perusal of this forum and the issues people have had on PS3 and x360 tells a different tale. Also the endless amount of questions about issues people on said consoles have been having that I have received.

We can go back and forth until our fingers fall off from typing. Bottom line is the consoles are a decade old and it's time to let them go.

All other platforms become more stable in dropping them.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Infinite Mickey » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:08 am

Me personally, I'd say that 3.0 is one of the least stable games I've played on the Wii U console. It has crashes, of course, but the way the console reads the disc just worries the heck outta me. Every time I change an item in the Toy Box the console makes this weird noise. Ah well, it might be worse on other consoles.
Proud Wii U owner, and thinks that the console is the perfect Next Gen.

rank_1500_ftb
Infinite Mickey
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby Quasimod0 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:21 am

It's definitely time to move on from the old consoles. I think they are only holding things back.

rank_500
Quasimod0
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity everything else discussions