Reviews

if there is no specific Disney Infinity forum then it goes in here

Reviews

Postby krisko612 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:56 am

What kinds of scores do you think professional game critics are going to give Disney Infinity? If the scores were high, would that influence people's decisions to purchase the game? If the scores were really low, would you still consider buying the game? Personally, I'm waiting to see what the reviews are like before making an investment into the product. Keep in mind that DI is much more expensive than a typical video game even if you just by the starter pack, so it has to REALLY deliver.
krisko612
Main Console: Xbox One
NN ID:

Re: Reviews

Postby Michjeff » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:03 am

I am interested in only one and thats IGN. They usually score pretty well. They are tough critics they dont let things slip. But they are also not prejudiced against any company. They find every good and bad detail about the game. I am surprised they have not reviewed it yet, but they will for sure in a couple weeks.

Also it seems more expensive but you have to think what you are getting. I just played the Last of us and it took me 10 hours to beat. It was a 60 dollar game... Now yes the last of us is one of the greatest games we have seen in awhile. But Disney infinity offers 3 games (monsters, incredibles, pirates) that are each about 10 hours gameplay. But just with that I would never even consider buying the game. It is the toybox mode where you can create anything, and the blind power disc packs that make it worth it.
Michjeff

Postby krisko612 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:20 am

I agree with you in that Disney Infinity appears to contain quite a bit of content in the starter pack alone. What I'm curious about is just exactly how infinite the game really is. How much can you do within the starter pack? How much money do you need to pour in in order to ensure the best experience? Which are the best playsets? And how much potential is there for future playsets to contain elements which are unable to be reviewed at the time of the game's release?

I feel like, for as much as we've seen of the game already, there's still a big question mark for a lot of things.
krisko612
NN ID:

Postby SandyClaws » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:34 am

Although I'm obviously biased, Infinity has definitely gone through it's paces in the preview space. Unlike many previews for games, I've yet to read anything like "blah needs to be fixed before launch" or "bloop is completely broken as of this writing". They have all contained excitement and relative positivity towards the possibilities of the game. Granted their are two very different parts to be reviewed but like Jeff said, I'm betting many people are buying the game simply for Toy Box and the trading, or at least a primary reason for buying.
Please subscribe to us on iTunes or Stitcher Radio, and Youtube

Disney Infinity TV

Chatter
SandyClaws
Main Console: PS4

Postby progrockART » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:09 pm

Even though I am a chronic pessimist, I believe the reviews will be good. Why? Disney has spent millions (in the three figures), on this, they have play-tested the heck out of DI, and delayed it 2 (agonizing lol), months to fine-tune and further play test. Will it be fun. Absolutely. The only thing I'm worried about it is the details, and the physics/collision detection.

rank_50
progrockART
Main Console: PS3

Postby Nibelilt » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:54 pm

The two posts above stole my thoughts. I expect overall positive reception and the game to be fairly popular in public, even if the toy aspect holds some people back. Look at the reviews for Skylanders and you will see that critics judge it and the game rationally even if they dislike the toy aspect. I don't think DI will be very different unless everyone is really sick of the toy gimmick.
- STEEL YOUR BUTT -

Left DIF: bluntly, non-Infinity topics feel soulless

rank_1250
Nibelilt
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Return to Disney Infinity everything else discussions