do you guys think there will be flying in 3.0

if there is no specific Disney Infinity forum then it goes in here

Re: do you guys think there will be flying in 3.0

Postby goofyspaceranger » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:31 pm

I'm a stickler for character-specific Toy Box storylines ;) , but another set of filters they could add to either the Community DB or the Toy Box Game Maker toy (or both) could be:
- Flyer / non-Flyer
- Super-Jumper / non-Super-Jumper
- Web-Slinger / non-Web-Slinger
- Wall-Crawler / non-Wall-Crawler
- Car / non-Car
- Swimmer / non-Swimmer ?

This would categorize sets of characters but also involve their specific skill trees. It would be cool, ensuring platformers had the right level of difficulty (such as super-platformers designed for super-jumpers, and not), various quest/collection games designed for flying and those designed for non-flyers, etc. Even a Cars filter could be useful, as certain aspects could be too easy for characters "with hands" who had the option "to get out of the car". Conversely, games that are impossible for a character without hands, who can't super-jump, who can't fly, etc. could inform you up front to ease your frustration.

It's like turning off the wand/editing with the Toy Box Game Maker. There are game mechanics that can really make the design, and game mechanics that undermine it. You can describe a given Toy Box's intent, but eventually it would be cool to provide the designer the ability to enforce it ;) .

UPDATE - this has morphed into the Community Chaos Theory thread. Turns out much of this already exists in the Toy Box filtering.
Use the Force in Holocron Heuristics to program with more Creativi-Toys!

rank_750
goofyspaceranger
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Mistrauss » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:49 am

Swimming is possible, it would be hard for the Cars characters though.

Also, Nemo and Dory figures would be impossible to work, and so will Ariel (Ariel could work, but she would be weird on land wouldn't she?)
Did you hear about the kid-napping? He got up.

rank_50
Mistrauss
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:07 am

Ariel could transform to human form on land though. Not sure how nemo etc would work. Don't think we'll have water until 4.0 and 3.0 will focus on 4 legged animals like simba

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Muffin Man » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:52 am

An Ariel that transforms between land and water would be awesome. They could also do the same thing with Tiana and have her transform into a frog when she swims underwater. And if they ever have Wart, they could have him transform into his bird form to fly, his fish form to swim, and his squirrel form to run quickly and climb things. I can't think of any way for Finding Nemo characters to work on land, though.

And as for transforming characters, I really want Genie to be a playable figure in 3.0. I feel like he deserved to be in 2.0 over Jasmine, but that Jasmine got in first because they wanted a female character and because of the fact that she's a Disney Princess. But hopefully Genie can get into 3.0 with a moveset that really shows off his amazing magic powers. I imagine him walking around in his legged form, then transforming into his legless form to fly. And to swim, they could have him transform into a submarine like he did in the movie to save Aladdin from drowning.

rank_50
Muffin Man
Main Console: Wii U

Postby SuperMrMojo » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:09 am

I always imagined that Ariel would still be a mermaid on land, and she'd just swim through the air. Then I realised that that would look really weird.
Feel free to call me Euan. If you want.

How super am I? Not at all.

rank_250
SuperMrMojo
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby OpossumGuy » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:53 am

I'm used to the idea of Ariel "swimming on land" mainly due to the fact that when I play Pokemon, that's often how Qwilfish and other such fish Mons are shown, haha. :P

Though the "transforming between land and sea" thing would be pretty cool, maybe allowing her to use different moves in each situation? Almost like a two-in-one-figure.
"Why, if I picked a day to fly, oh, this would be it." - Quasimodo

rank_500
OpossumGuy

Postby Mistrauss » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:46 am

Swimming is the last thing they would do because it would take a lot of work, they would have to develop new animations for every single character for swimming, and characters like Nemo would be weird to use especially on land and how would they attack, same with Ariel (though she could change into her human form but that's a bit complicated)

Flying is a feature that will stay, just like how the air vehicles came back in 2.0
Did you hear about the kid-napping? He got up.

rank_50
Mistrauss
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby GermanBoldItalic » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:35 am

Most characters could be animated on the same rig though, since pretty much every human swims the same. However I think the Nemo characters would end up like the Cars characters, fun within the playsets but fairly pointless outside of them. Swimming will most likely be here eventually, maybe not in 3.0 but it's the logical progression forward.

rank_250
GermanBoldItalic
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby rogpalmeruk » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:38 am

Swimming is going to be a interesting thing to add, I think flying is without doubt here to stay... But agree it has made toy boxes a little harder to build because of the fliers, I love the fliers when building, but scalable barriers are a huge pain in ** , they can be flown through and generally if you get stuck outside, it ruins it.. (that happened to me this morning with a toy box, couldn't get back in)... so there are some things to improve... I do think being able to turn off flying or super jump would be a good idea, I'm building a new brave toy box and i can't decide between just blocking it for everyone but merida or building killzones/barriers (though with the new patch, those are out due to issues with graphics errors)

rank_250_ftb
rogpalmeruk
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity everything else discussions