More Princess Needed!

if there is no specific Disney Infinity forum then it goes in here

Re: More Princess Needed!

Postby rasgar » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:52 pm

The princesses are definitely a big part of Disney - but how would they really fit into this game? I could see them trying to fit the characters in somehow, but not as playables. Even in Kingdom Hearts, where they changed up some Disney characters and gave them fighting skills, the princesses did not (except Ariel, who'd have a bit of trouble walking around unless they used her human form). Not only are the characters simply not fighters, it would be against their characters I think. And with no combat, how would the characters operate? That's a large portion of the game. Even Monsters U has the characters throwing things at each other, body slamming, and the paintball battles. And even if the princesses got their own playset with no combat, remember that any player character can use the tools & packs in the toy box.

Picture them releasing a trailer for playable princesses, and starting it with Cinderella pulling up in the Incredicar, then jumping out with a scimitar in one hand and a laser blaster in the other. Yeah, there'd be a certain awesomeness to it, but don't you think it would be weird?

rank_50
rasgar
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby Omnidroid 535 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:53 pm

The only ones I could see going in are Merida and Rapunzel. The others wouldn't just fit in for some reason.
"SPOOTY"

-Dag

rank_250
Omnidroid 535

Postby PixarToonie » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:57 pm

I think your point was very strong, and in someways I agree. In Kingdom Hearts they didn't really fit in, but Disney Infinity is all abotu combining the games, I mean seriously, they've added Rapunzel, and imagine her with a lazer and Buzz's wings. I think they would lose quite alot of fans if they did not fit them in. It would be very weird, but Infinity is all about odd pairings....
Just keep swimming - Dory, Finding Nemo

rank_500
PixarToonie
PSN ID:

Postby PixarToonie » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:03 pm

Yes they might be the only two, but still we can still HOPE for the best!

rank_500
PixarToonie
PSN ID:

Postby rasgar » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:15 pm

I think it fits a little better with Rapunzel. Unlike some of the classics like Snow White and Cinderella, Tangled has a wacky and energetic tone, much like Infinity. Rapunzel has already smacked people with a frying pan and used her hair for various purposes, so it wouldn't be hard to come up with gameplay for her. For me it's much less of a stretch to see Rapunzel with a laser gun than Snow White.

It just occurred to me that Mulan would be a great addition, though.

rank_50
rasgar
PSN ID:

Postby PixarToonie » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:18 pm

Yes Mulan would, and they have added her horse in the game.... Is this a clue?

rank_500
PixarToonie
PSN ID:

Postby Omnidroid 535 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:22 pm

I really forgot Mulan there. She'd defintley is capable of being in DI.
"SPOOTY"

-Dag

rank_250
Omnidroid 535

Postby PixarToonie » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:30 pm

Definetly, Ariel might also have a chance. She isn't the fighting type, but a very good adventurer. Cinderella, Belle and Snow White have a small chance to make it in as they are probably the most famous Princesses of them all. We might even see Jasmine in an Aladdin Playset or Twin Toy pack? Maybe with the GENIE????

rank_500
PixarToonie
PSN ID:

Postby rasgar » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:32 pm

Unfortunately, it's my guess that the discs aren't hints for more characters, but rather a way to include series/films that won't be represented by any characters. I personally think it's unlikely that they'll add any playable characters for Alice in Wonderland or Finding Nemo.

rank_50
rasgar
PSN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity everything else discussions