Project Utopia

if there is no specific Disney Infinity forum then it goes in here

Project Utopia

Postby fdanielix » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:36 pm

A Utopia is the perfect place. My last project this school year is to create a model of my ideal Utopia, and I'm planning on making it in Disney Infinity. :D I want to show the potential that Disney Infinity has for educational purpose, so I, along with a partner, will make a "Movie" within the game, and then somehow filming it to submit as my project. The only problem is that I do not have any means of filming it. I don't want to film my TV screen with a phone, so I need someone who is able to capture it from their console (For example, ShareFactory in PS4) and upload to youtube so that I can show my teacher. Any volunteers? Any thoughts?
20 Featured
Toy Boxes:

Caleb Dume: Face The Past
Curse Lift-Off

rank_1500_ftb_10
fdanielix
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Project Utopia

Postby Sheriff Woody » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:08 am

drop me a pm when it is available and i'll see what i can record for you

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Project Utopia

Postby goofyspaceranger » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:46 am

@fdanielix - sounds like a cool project. If you need a reference regarding the educational benefits of Disney Infinity, I have over 25 years experience as an IBM mainframe developer - designing/developing/testing/servicing code, primarily in the areas of the mainframe security product, parallel sysplex technology, & global resource serialization. I currently work in Secure Engineering (loosely speaking, I am an ethical hacker), and I am the technical rep for internal export procedures regarding mainframe hardware & encryption technology. The point is - my interest in computer science began in middle school when I coded my own text adventures on some of the early personal computers. I personally believe that the Disney Infinity platform is the best sandbox for teaching computer science, that it has the potential to inspire millions of future engineers.

My real name is on my Twitter & YouTube accounts, and although my posts on these forums are my personal opinions and not necessarily the opinions of my employer, the "THINK Twice" event at the IBM THINK Exhibit last year required the permission from IBM's U.S.-regional lead of IBM Corporate Citizenship & Affairs - because from that event, the Disney Infinity platform was implicitly endorsed by the IBM corporation for its educational value.

Hopefully, all goes well with the local library event that my coworkers and I are working on - to set up permanent Disney Infinity IDs for the library system to set up a Disney Infinity game design club (see my trailer link for the updated Toy Box we plan to use).

Good luck with your project. 8-)
Use the Force in Holocron Heuristics to program with more Creativi-Toys!

rank_750
goofyspaceranger
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Return to Disney Infinity everything else discussions