UK Retail Releases - DI1 Reference

retail availability, prices and special offers

Re: UK Retail Releases - 2014 (inc DI 2.0)

Postby herbhen » Tue May 06, 2014 12:13 pm

Can totally assume that PS4 and Xbox One will be more expensive, I got Infinity on the Wii U, and not so sure if there will be many differences that justify jumping over to PS4, If you can place more items in the toy box i may be somewhat tempted. even at the extra £5-10.

Of course assuming that there will also be packs without an infinity base, I wouldn't bank on them being cheaper yet, sure will retail at less, but we don't know if these packs will come with all 3 figures the starter pack does, they may do the whole Skylander's thing where the booster pack for giants only came with one figure, therefore it may work out more cost effective to just opt for buying the starter pack anyway.

Either way we will have to see! it seems strange they didn't announce a version without the infinity base though, so fans like us who are wanting to pre-order don't have to wait around.

rank_100
herbhen
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby robertsammons » Tue May 06, 2014 12:15 pm

There was an interview on polygon talking about next gen. If you own one get next gen. It improves graphics and the toy box.

rank_100
robertsammons
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby herbhen » Tue May 06, 2014 12:21 pm

not to fussed about graphical improvements, if 2.0 looks anything like the original does on current gen, I will be happy, toy box enhancements on the other hand, that's a little more tempting!

rank_100
herbhen
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Tue May 06, 2014 2:05 pm

@^same here

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby bloxxerman » Tue May 06, 2014 2:20 pm

I'm a Ninty supporter all the way, only other console I own is a PS2 my cousin gave me! Although, around Christmas time this year, after the PS4 has had two Christmases, I might look into buying a PS3. Although I point blank HATE Microsoft and their consoles. I would take an Xbox 360 if it was given to me but if someone gave me an Xbox One that beast would be traded in the next day.
Never trust a hug. It's just a way to hide your face.

Lotso
bloxxerman
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby megadrive2 » Tue May 06, 2014 2:56 pm

If the toys R Us listing goes live at the current prices, the Wii U version will be cheaper than all the others @ £44.99. Add that to the fact there's always an active 5 off 30 voucher and you've got the new set for 39.99, not too bad for a new release. I'm getting a Wii U pack at launch and will get the other starter sets when they are marked down after Christmas.

Geri the Cleaner
megadrive2
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Midnight » Fri May 09, 2014 9:09 pm

so I'm just going through my missing discs, after having been catching up on a few on ebay etc......However, I'm now confused.....obviously we already have s1 20 + 10 'rares'...whatta con that was compared to the US, split across multiple stores,having Game stores keeping them to sell on themselves, and ones like Merlin which were competition exclusives

Anyway...I digress

Of the 10 s1 rares, 1 was the lenticular Peter Pans ship. however, I was looking in the season 2 book and thought that the peter pans ship in the 2nd book was going to be a standard one, like the standard versions of the other discs are.....however....judging by the DI website it appears the s2 is ALSO the exact same 'rare' power disc?

Am I mistaken? That is ridiculous then if meant to have to get the same exclusive 's1' disc pack, yet again in order to complete both s1 and s2 books. It was bad enough that we have duplicates of the lenticular to the normal ones never mind needing the identical one?

Or am I mistaken and there is a standard version out there?

edit....

I was just about to say #End of Grump, however, just checking Argos site which had the 'exclusive' of it, and its been completely removed now......so my grumpiness goes on...expected to hunt for a new rare that was the same as the old rare

Also....is there any indication yet of the Merlins Summon one going to finally appear? Surely UK will not be getting restricted to the 100 competition entries only?

rank_50
Midnight

Postby robertsammons » Fri May 09, 2014 9:17 pm

Nope it is both lenticular

rank_100
robertsammons
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby Midnight » Fri May 09, 2014 9:22 pm

arrghhhh

and back when the original one was released, if it was known, I wouldn't have sold on the spare one I had.

Gutted. And I'm sure lots of the sites, including a good chunk of pages on here, still indicate the hooks ship is available in lenticular and standard :(

rank_50
Midnight

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity retail sales