Emperor Zurg's Wrath Confirmed for TRU Power Disc #3

retail availability, prices and special offers

Re: Emperor Zurg's Wrath Confirmed for TRU Power Disc #3

Postby Paradox » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:56 am

^^@ mrpotato.

While I can understand its a lot of release info for each employee to know off hand, it's not too much to ask that TRU corporate have a better way of disseminating information to their stores. If they did this right, a employee when called on the phone could access their computer system and pull up info to properly answer a customers question on something coming out within a week as posted by TRU themselves on their website. That is not too much to ask, is it?

rank_deputy
Paradox
Main Console: PS4

Postby FixItFelix » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:59 am

A Toys R Us near me has had the Zurg discs since Saturday. The guy was restocking, opened the box and then vanished to the back with it.

rank_100
FixItFelix
XBL ID:

Postby mrpotato » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:17 am

@Paradox yeah if only it was that easy. but i work there and finding out info is not easy... the info for the crystals and disc was released thru the fb page though and not the site.. we cant even access the tru fb off our systems since they only allow certain sites to be viewed... but really dont worry since it was released on fb that they'll be out 10/13.. just some stores take awhile to get the items in... ive seen stores get it a week ago while my store barely got it tuesday
mrpotato

Postby Puddin' » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:20 am

Okay... Do you know how many items TRU sells? THOUSANDS!!!!!!!

Example: If a Star Wars action figure line (and there are usually 2 or 3 going at once) has (let's say) 10 different figures per assortment and 6 assortments per year, that's 60 individual items from a very specific series to know about. Times that by however many lines of toys there are and the accessories, vehicles, playsets, etc.... it's a lot. Now, if you love Star Wars, of course you know who they are and when they come out, but if you don't.. you don't.

I am starting to find the complaining on this bored about everyday retail workers, who are people like yourself who usually get paid MINIMUM WAGE with barely 20 hours a week very frustrating and offensive. If they know about Disney Infinity and show a passion for it, great, they know all about it and probably researched it on their on time while not getting paid. If not, there is no reason to get upset. Maybe they know all about bikes, or barbies, or car seat safety, or one of the thousands of other things TRU has sold. Also, if the employee has been there 10 years, you can add on all the other useless product knowledge they have picked up over the years.

Let me tell you a story,

I was in a Canadian TRU one day and saw a lady buying ten gold packs. I informed her that there are only two different TRU exclusives released so far. I was trying to be helpful. And what did she respond with? "I saw the others on ebay!" is what she said to me. I then informed her that those are from Germany, Australia or wherever. She still did not believe me and bought ten packs anyway. So, the workers who do know their stuff also face the problem of shoppers not believing them.

Also, being able to look things up in a system is harder than it sounds. It's not a google search engine. Up here, you have to know the category and hope that corporate spelled it correctly. You also have to hope they made it very specific.

And honestly, if I keep on seeing the hate towards retail workers in this forum because they don't know about one videogame, I'm seriously going to stop posting information I am able to gather.

Lenny
Puddin'

Postby adhdmagazine » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:35 am

This is no doubt how they keep breaking release dates, this is why for so many the last disc release #2 so many people could not get them as they were already gone...in fact there is 48 in a case, yet when disc #2 released I was the first in my local store when it opened and there were only 2 packs on the rack, that's 2! out of 48 now how is this possible if not for employees breaking release dates due to lack of awareness, interest, or insider scalping/trading to "buyers"? This is why people get mad, and eventually give up on what would have been a long lasting franchise...up until recently I have been more than thrilled with the way Disney/avalanche has handled this product..unlike skylanders they have made sure there is enough stock on hand, they have provided easy pre-ordering, they have not tried to gouge people with an overubandance of "exclusives" or "variations". but lately I've started to smell a foul odor with things like these "timed" releases that end up slipping out early and then are gone on official release day. First there was the jack gamestop exclusive pre-order fiasco for those of us who pre-ordered him day one and now are stuck having to either wait til Saturday to trade in our pre-order for the REAL exclusive in the case, or buy another figure.Now they have crystal lighting mqueen set to come out with the crystal buzz. Who cares about those die hards who bought C McQueen when it first came out right, let's make a double pack with a fig all the COLLECTORS already have, if you want crystal buzz too bad you get to buy another c McQueen like it or not, no single pack crystal buzz for you guys..pay up. And then there's the target exclusive book with ALL the wave 2 discs and a WEEK before wave 2 blind packs even release...defeats the entire purpose of the blind packs now, there goes the whole trading discs/collectibles/treasure hunt/rare concept. Not to mention the "rare" TRU discs being re-packed into later waves without the orange border..another gouge move which may not affect the casul user, but causes the collector to have to buy more NEEDLESS repeats/variations, also we have this Girl power 3 pack..but again instead of all wave 2 females they stick you with that extra mrs incredible no-one needed who has already bought all of wave 1. So sure at least I can buy them as singles..but I lose on the "discount value": of a double or 3 pack..and lastly..no basic info on what is in wave 3..or is it just Sorceror Mickey, and Phineas and Agent p as all of wave "3"..if this is "wave 3" then it is no wave at all it is "wave 2.1". The fact is, this is DISNEY, they do not have to resort to the same tactics as actvision has with Skylanders..they should at the very least made all Disney infinity items available for online purchase through their own official Disney /theme parks/store website FIRST..they should have all the exclusives and variants been either avail only through Disney store websites, Disney stores and Disney theme parks, or stuck with just TRU, not started dolling out "exclusives" for those companies who decided to join the party in wave 2.They do not need to play the same games as every other toy/video game company they are Disney, they own everything. I EXPECT more from them..I have seen too many children crying in the aisles of Target, TRU and Wal Mart over not finding a certain Skylander etc for nearly the past 3 years. I have aided countless frustrated parents on their quests to locate these items so their children would be happy. Disney should KNOW better not to upset children or their parents, or COLLECTORS, and operate with a level of integrity and compassion for the consumer, even if TRU< Target, Best Buy, Gamestop, and Wal-Mart or their employees don't.

rank_50
adhdmagazine
XBL ID:

Postby adhdmagazine » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:41 am

@ pudding..I don't think it's Hate at the employees as a rule, but rather management, corporate and the respective franchise reps not making sure they properly inform and educate their people on their products etc..and while yes TRU has thousdands of toys the fact is that Skylanders and now Disney Infinity have sold more than nearly any other franchise, be they toy or video game over the past 3 years and it is a fact that ALL toy retailers as well as videogame retailers know of these franchises and their success/profit margins so for a store manager not to be informed agin is ignorant and again as for the neg feeling directed at the average employee I don't believe it is unfair in some if not many cases, to be honest. If you were a collector or a parent who had dealt with countless employees at tru, best buy, target, gamestop, walmart, frys, fao, etc and go from store to store, or spend wasted minutes and hours on the phone looking for an item or info on an item and are constantly told the same thing, given attitude, blown off, lied too etc and it is you who are spending thousands of dollars on one franchise in one years span,yearafter year you would be angry and might expect a little more help than what most of us are given. These employees are paid to do a job and to have some awareeness of their products,at least the top sellers, if they do not then it is their managers duty to make sure they are.

rank_50
adhdmagazine
XBL ID:

Postby Paradox » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:43 am

Just so I am clear, I'm not saying it's the workers fault. I am saying it is CORPORATES fault for not having a better method for disseminating information to the stores and their employees. Spreading info on FB to customers is great, but if they, corporate, doesn't have a way to notify stores and their employees as well, it's useless.

rank_deputy
Paradox

Postby mrpotato » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:08 am

your just being eager to find out all the info so early... we cant get all the info out right away... all you have to do is just check the ads, tru website and fb, or even call to try and find out the info... you already know its 10/13 for the release date so why keep asking.. just call your store a day or two before the release and ask if they got any info.. if not they just might not have gotten anything in yet... also remember there are already seaonal workers who are just trying to make a few more bucks for gifts and arent gonna be up to date. managers are also limtied to the info they get.. when it arrives on their trucks there will be sku numbers and release date... and just because its popular doess not mean that the workers are gonna take the time to learn... bikes are also popular, skates, tmnt, star wars so its hard to keep track even if more popular..plus how do you know crystal buzz wont be sold individuallly?? the zurg disc is... not all the info is out yet and is not all tru's fault.. disney is the one who owns the game so they call when to release info..
mrpotato

Postby PirateSteven » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:10 am

Ok, seriously peeps, let's get back to the topic which believe it or not the topic is not are you disappointed with your local retail stores? This is the one and only warning! If someone has a problem with that please feel free to PM me.

rank_deputy_ftb_10_lenny
PirateSteven
PSN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity retail sales