Toys R Us exclusive power discs

retail availability, prices and special offers

Re: Toys R Us exclusive power discs

Postby 62skjfhsdfjkdshsdkfj » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:04 pm

Oh .. and all the people using their kids as an excuse and saying that they'll be heartbroken without every power disc .. I say ... hahahahaha. I'm sure 99% of the kids out there will be completely fine playing the game missing a handful of discs.
62skjfhsdfjkdshsdkfj
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby JerrodDRagon » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:10 am

rank_50
JerrodDRagon
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby neoz » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:36 am

So you justify your taking advantage of people on Disney's lack of making more disc?

Just to make an extra dollar? Apparently integrity is something lost nowadays with people anymore which is sad.
So if there was a kid that really wanted one but for some reason say his mother couldn't make it to the store, your basically are like FU kid gotta get paid.

rank_100
neoz
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby JerrodDRagon » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:40 am

^they can still get them...heck Ive sold all mine so people out there could not get some in there area and now have them.

I had no advantage, they came out on a Saturday most (not all) parents should be able to get there on a weekend and pick up one.....or Disney could make more...or they can buy them online for more...like thousands are now...and will

rank_50
JerrodDRagon
PSN ID:

Postby LeiaOrgana » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:28 am

rank_250
LeiaOrgana

Postby ntnon » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:12 am

The whole idea of these exclusive discs seems to have been really poorly handled overall. The miscommunications, the confusion, the lack of discs... even the existence of the 30-disc folder, which presumably will now double-up on several discs as they turn up as 'regular' releases in later waves... It's all very odd!

rank_500
ntnon

Postby Samurai » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:07 pm

By all means go an buy more packs. I frequent my TRU since I know their policy. I also do not buy from certain stores that I know discriminate and others that I know cater to people in my country illegally too. Being that i use to build distribution sites and getting to know people and seeing them lose their jobs while the companies still get tax breaks because they moved into an area to brings jobs to the locals... I guess some people just have better morals\outlook on how people should behave without being told to by rules. I do my part to let stores know my feelings and have seen a couple change because of it.

I do special events for kids, a lot of them at the hospitals, where I bring R2-D2 to meet them and let them interact with him. Maybe that is why I have a different outlook on this. This game is geared towards kids. To suggest that a "power player" needs 25% of a store's stock to what?!? level up a character? Need 2 Mike cars? Yea, a true power players knows the tricks, like the car and the fan to quickly level up, if they don't then how are they a "power player"? So by all means, go buy as many as you want. I spread my thoughts to my stores, and the ones I go to when out of town. Hopefully there are more that take it up and squeeze out the so called "power players". These are the same people I saw grabbing 3 Masterpiece Sound Waves off the shelves and 2 Metroplexs. They ran around the store with them in their cart. It was funny watching the cashier tell them they could not buy more than 1 each. They put up a fuss and the manager told them to leave without any. He turned to me and said "like we won't sell them all 1 at a time?".

@LeiaOrgana - Yes I can have it both ways... I only frequent stores that implement the 1 per person policy on limited items because as with real life, when people can not behave in a just\moral manner then and only them are rules\laws needed to maintain order. The main store I frequent doesn't publish their rules and they only invoked when someone act in a way that makes them needed.

i have a feeling that things like this are going to be even more common place once Christmas season really starts and ebay fills out with inflated prices.

rank_50
Samurai
NN ID:

Postby LeiaOrgana » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:26 am

@ntnon

The album thing is odd. Overall - I guess we are to buy new books with each series, of course. I think I would have preferred more generic storage but I think they did this to reinforce the "collecting" part so you see exactly what you are missing, tempting people more to "collect 'em all!" Of course you can put whatever you want in each hole (just limited by shape) and of course the little canister (which is actually quite cool but not so much displaying a collection).

At least the books are attractive and in spite of my initial reservations, are pretty solid. I was afraid they would start deteriorating, but while because of the pressure you have to use because the slots are so tight you get some light stress marks, the material they used doesn't seem to be flaking or coming apart even after repeated insertions. I am using the tube to hold the ones I actually play with, though - separate from the display set. I don't so much usually do things "just for show", but I'm just keeping doubles of the ones I seem to use most often.

I think the TRU book works with how they did the regular book - yes, as series go on they will duplicate, but these will be the holo versions and look different, so I see the value of having them. And great that TRU gives you both choices and carries both books. I have a feeling for Series 2&3 we will just see one book, and no exclusive one, since there doesn't seem to be any exclusives past the ones we know about, and Series 3 is only supposed to be like 10 discs if I recall.

rank_250
LeiaOrgana

Postby ntnon » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:59 am

I was impressed by the relative quality, too.

I think the third wave is fifteen, but that's still fewer - I wonder if all 10 exclusive discs (ostensibly from the first series) will even be out by the time that third wave is sold..?!

rank_500
ntnon

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity retail sales