Toys R Us exclusive power discs

retail availability, prices and special offers

Re: Toys R Us exclusive power discs

Postby Cabernathy351 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:01 am

We showed up today at Corpus Christi location at 11:40 all Tron packs were gone, luckily we have every other disc and lots of extras. We were giving extras away to the kids and a employee made sure he found us a Tron disc for our generosity.
Cabernathy351
Main Console: PS4

Postby ItsJustDave » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:53 am

Had a thought earlier. I could've sworn I read a Facebook post by either TRU or Disney Infinity where it was mentioned that future exclusive power disc packages would be explicitly marked indicating which exclusive was inside. I've gone back and tried to find the post, but it seems to have completely disappeared. Perhaps it's coming in future releases? Am I the only one that remembers this?

rank_50
ItsJustDave
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby madstryfe » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:35 am

This was likely an oversight from the Australian release I believe. They've already received all their exclusive discs from EB. On the package, the exclusive disc was indicated by the image plus a blank regular disc. I haven't seen this on any US packaging that I know of.
madstryfe
XBL ID:

Postby Steph2Def » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:01 am

I missed the event yesterday. :(

So the Tron Disc was only available yesterday? I won't be able to go into a TRU this week and pick it up in a pack?
Steph2Def
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby madstryfe » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:14 am

It depends on your TRU and how busy it was. Some TRUs were doing limited buys like 1 pack per customer. Others were doing buy all you wants. So it's worth a shot going and seeing if any are left.
madstryfe
XBL ID:

Postby ll_HollywooD_ll » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:06 pm

They were out of stock at my local TRU as well. However, I had a quick chat with the manager who assured me I would have another shot at it (probably later this week). He told me that their next shipment of TRU exclusive power discs would have a combo mixture of Mike's Car and Tron. He wasn't sure if he would get a box that had strictly Mike's Car and another of strictly Tron.....or maybe just a combo box with both mixed...but the was positive they were getting a mixture of the discs and they were already scheduled to arrive with the next delivery of DI items for the store. Best bet for those who missed out...call your local TRU and find out when the next shipment is and bring a copy of the different UPC's for the packages so you know what item you are purchasing ahead of time...or do the scratch test (Mike's Car is hexagonal whereas Tron will be round).
"Attacked by Christmas toys? That's strange, that's the second toy complaint we've had."

-- My Disney Infinity Collection:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3347#sthash.KMpufgip.dpbs

rank_50
ll_HollywooD_ll
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby JerrodDRagon » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:57 pm

^good to know...i still need Mikes Car

rank_50
JerrodDRagon
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:38 pm

Thanks for posting this up! Though I haven't got the chance to go to Toys R Us and get the exclusive power discs from them. It's good to know the difference between the two. :)
David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14
Main Console: Wii U

Postby amuller33 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:14 pm

amuller33

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity retail sales