Toys R Us exclusive power discs

retail availability, prices and special offers

Re: Toys R Us exclusive power discs

Postby Samurai » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:52 pm

You complain to the store people over seeing the event and also to the manager. I talked to my TRU the day before and made sure they knew I was bringing children and all we wanted was our 1 disk and the fair opportunity to obtain one. I asked if the disk were being put out @ 9 or @ 12 for the event. They took me to the guy overseeing the event and he didn't remember that the store opened at 9 as he didn't work on Saturdays. He told me that he would make sure they only go out for the event. When I showed up they were giving the packs out limited to 1. They were cancelling all online orders, and even showed me a new one that cam in ordering 6 packs and cancelling the order. There is absolutely no reason to order 6 packs unless you plan on selling them. If talking to the manager doesn't work, ask for the regional manager and talk to them. You may see some changes or at least be pointed to a store that tries to combat the "scalpers".

rank_50
Samurai
Main Console: Xbox One
NN ID:

Postby Samurai » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:27 pm

At this point... There isn't much need for the SKU. Just feel the pack. If you feel the top disk is round, it is the TRON disk.

rank_50
Samurai
NN ID:

Postby LeiaOrgana » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:41 pm

rank_250
LeiaOrgana

Postby Mugenpuppy » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:03 am

Which Austin Store? I went with my twins to the Babys R Us/TRU store on Mopac... didn't really see any scalpers. Mostly families and a few adults, but they were just looking to finish their collections like everyone else....no one seemed to have the Chrome circle disc :shock: !!!

AJ[/quote]

We went to the Mopac store as well. We did not stay very long. MOST people where nice and family oriented, there where one or two creeps just kind of floating around. he kids there where super nice, and I saw a lot of great sharing and trades going on. Overall a pretty pleasant experience. On the next release we should make sure o say hey to one another!
Mugenpuppy
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby Zattaltin » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:21 am

One thing I guess I am confused on and would like to clarify is that each of the TRU gold packs (exclusive power disc pack) has the respective exclusive disc like Tron or mikes car or is it still random with a chance to get the exclusive disc?
Twitter - bwking25
PSN - Zattaltin

rank_100
Zattaltin
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby LeiaOrgana » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:13 am

please check the part about unnecessary quotes, thanks

Yes, there is one in every pack.

Online they are labeled as "Series 1" (has Mike's Car), and "Series 2" (has the Tron disc).

In store, the only way to tell them apart is by the UPC/barcode on the back of the packages:

Mike's Car - bottom UPC ends in 02398
Tron - bottom UPC ends in 02400

rank_250
LeiaOrgana

Postby packetloss » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:14 pm

Thanks OP - For the great information!

Thanks for cleaning up my post Sherrif!

It forced me to go look at the OP which contained the exact details I was looking for. I have gotten out of the habit of looking at the OP and just browsing the last page on here. I will now go back to reading the OP before replying to any other replies.
Disney Infinity ID approved - packetloss on disneyinfinity.com

rank_0
packetloss
Main Console: PS4

Postby Samurai » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:26 pm

Sorry LeiaOrgana... you will not ever convince me that someone out there "needs" that many rare disks, knowing rares are limited... and considering this is not a huge "power player" game to begin with. I will also never be convinced that the stores are to blame and not the fans. As in real life I believe in less government and more personal responsibility, so less stores forcing what I can and can't buy and more on the people buying them. I took it upon myself to go to the store and make sure what I was getting my kids into before taking them there. I tend to think my actions spurred the store to not put the items out at the opening but for the event itself, based on their reaction. They also cancelled all online orders and limited packs to 1 per person. Would I have like 2 disks, yes... am I glad I got 1 disk because I actually went to the store instead of sniping 6 or more on the internet... yes. in the end I plan on patronizing that store more now as I know it looks like more of the same like minded people go there after attending the event.

rank_50
Samurai
NN ID:

Postby 62skjfhsdfjkdshsdkfj » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:02 pm

LOL ... Samurai makes me want to go buy all the gold packs.

No one NEEDS and of this wibble, it's all just for fun and frivolous spending. Collecting / Trading / Reselling is all part of this game by design. Whether you agree with it or not, fact is, you CAN use multiples of these to play the game, so if someone wants to, then by all means, buy 4 for your 2 player game .. I say buy 8 just in case your friends want to borrow them!
62skjfhsdfjkdshsdkfj
Main Console: Xbox 360

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity retail sales