Australian prices and availability

retail availability, prices and special offers

Re: Australian prices and availability

Postby wherestron » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:25 am

Not quite a week. Only a few days. And the digital edition may be available sooner.
Cheers,
wherestron
---
Add me on PSN, XBL, iOS and Twitter: @wherestron

rank_250
wherestron
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby axltk421 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:12 pm

In the Target Toy Sale Catalogue (pg75), they have advertised the PS4 Special Edition (exclusive to Gamestop I think in the US).
Available to pre-order now... $149.00 with no release date (spring 2015) so they probably went to print before SDCC.
Looks like EB have just lost my pre-order for the game and I shall be buying a PS4
Remember, this all started with a Mouse.

rank_100
axltk421
Main Console: PS4

Postby braiko » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:01 pm

$149 seems steep, seeing as the base starter will probably be going for under $70 somewhere. Given there's no base or other unobtainable exclusive this year I will be waiting for Fett I think.
YNWA

rank_250
braiko
XBL ID:

Australian prices and availability

Postby wherestron » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:30 am

Yep @braiko. I expect the starter pack to have a street price here of $79 at Target (maybe $69 on promo?). Play sets will go up this year to $35 thanks to the dollar. Figures look like following a similar pattern to last year - $18 at launch and $12-15 on promo. So, all up that would equate $79 + $35 + 18 = $142. So, a $7 difference to get Boba early, or a difference of ($149 - $69 - $15 - $30) $35 when on promo. Still, I want to play early and get Boba before February, so I'm happy to pay a premium! :)
Cheers,
wherestron
---
Add me on PSN, XBL, iOS and Twitter: @wherestron

rank_250
wherestron
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby axltk421 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:13 am

Big W are definitely winning the price competition at the moment, two days before launch.
I have decided to get a PS4 as I will need one for Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy 7 - and I want Boba Fett asap. I preordered the PS4 Console bundle at EB Games for $549.00 and Big W have the same bundle for $479... $70 off!
Additionally, the normal starter pack is $64, characters are $15, play sets are $30 and the power disc packs are only $10.
All in, this has saved me around $140 from the pre-orders I have.
All we need now is someone to break street date because I'm getting bored of reading everyone's reviews in England and the States while it hasn't been released here yet!

rank_100
axltk421

Game leaked early for us Aussies :) Target with best prices

Postby armadafromoz » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:48 pm

Hey all,

3.0 was due for launch on the 3rd of September here but was released early yesterday at most major retailers.

JBHIFI, Target, Bigw, EBGames all had their setups out and on sale by 4pm yesterday afternoon in most areas.

I picked up my SAGA pack from target, and all mypreordered characters and disc packs from ebgames, who price matched target :)

Unless kmart comes out of nowhere, for aussies, our best prices come from Target this year.

$14 - Figurines
$9 - Disc Packs
$30 - Playsets

They basically just went $1 cheaper than bigw, which may not sound like much but is if you are buying a lot lol.

rank_0
armadafromoz
PSN ID:

Postby axltk421 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:21 pm

Doh! Australia Fair Shopping Centre on the Gold Coast are still catching up... KMart haven't heard of the game (yeah really... that was the response I got from the lady working in the audio / visual area), though it "may be out the back if it is new" and EB Games say "it is out on Thursday". Sadly we don't have Target or Big W here so will have to try and get in after work.

rank_100
axltk421

Postby Toastfarmer » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:58 am

Does anybody know when Toy Box Takeover is getting released here?

rank_0
Toastfarmer
XBL ID:

Postby braiko » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:07 am

So the Light Fx have appeared and from the centre I went to, were $23 at target and $20 at big w. Passed for now, as long as they're not too limited a supply, there is plenty of room for price drops in the near future. Also picked up TFA playset and Poe at big w (though no Kylo Ren there). Nowhere else seemed to have TFA on shelves yet.
YNWA

rank_250
braiko
XBL ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity retail sales