Australian prices and availability

retail availability, prices and special offers

Re: Australian prices and availability

Postby KeithS » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:47 pm

I used the Play Zone carry bag and I think the design is very good - but it is full now (and I haven't got all the figures) and doesn't have enough space for all the power discs - so it isn't the one-stop solution for portable storage. It works perfectly when you have about 15-20 pieces, but beyond that it becomes cumbersome. I'd really like to come up with a different solution for storage but I haven't been inspired yet. At least the carry bag is portable. I'm thinking of buying a second one for $30 at JB and split my collection across the two.

rank_0
KeithS
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby buckmana » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:41 pm

It's a satchel right?
I prefer backpacks, so not very keen on satchels.

Also, I don't like the fact that they have a uniform graphic on things like this.
I wish they had themed items, like an Incredibles carry bag or a Frozen album, to pick a couple of examples.

The image with Mr Incredible, Sulley and some pirate isn't very interesting for me to look at.

rank_1000
buckmana
Main Console: PS3

Postby KeithS » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:05 pm

Yes - it's a satchel but a well designed one that neatly folds out. It even has an inbuilt pocket for the Infinity base designed so you don't need to remove the base from the satchel to play.

I just unfold the satchel in front of my Xbox, plug in the base, and away I go.

Yep - I'm not keen on the same generic design of all the Infinity merchandise, but I guess they were looking to develop a particular look for the brand and they have done that successfully - I can instantly recognise/locate Infinity items in shops.

Back to Australian Shopping - is it me, or does everyone else think EB Games have let us down a little with their exclusives? I mean, have you tried locating the EB Games exclusive crystals these days? (Mr Incredible, Captn Jack, Sully). At least with the JB Hifi crystals, they reordered them after Christmas and have kept them in stock - it is easy to locate Buzz, Lightning and Lone Ranger. For those of us a little late to the party, it is impossible to get the EB crystals. When I ask in-store, they just tell me the crystals were limited edition pieces that they' won't be getting them in again (yet JB can reorder theirs...). I think EB Games Australia haven't been very fan-friendly!

Likewise with their exclusive access to the gold packs - only ordering a single small quantity and making them available for pre-order customers back in August - that was kind of cruel to every one else who now have to plough through the Internet looking for assistance.

I sort of hope that EB Games will see that there is an Australian Infinity community and commit to better service - here's hoping (but let me say that I'm glad that it is JB Hifi with the Crystal Perry Exclusive and not EB Games!! I just hope this doesn't mean that EB gets the Crystal Sorcerer Mickey...)

EDIT: Hmmm...need to eat a little humble pie - I just checked EB's website and they now have a number of those Crystals in stock at shops in my area! LOL - thank you EB, I'm heading out now to buy them!!
EDIT2: Nope, I was right the first time. I went to a few local stores to buy the crystals they showed on their website for sale but I was told at each store they only had them on hold for people and won't be selling them to people off the street. I call shenanigans at EB Games LOL. I'll just have to see if my local EB Games will order them for me but my local store has never been very helpful with these things.

rank_0
KeithS

Postby megapepsi » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:19 am

Your lucky KeithS EB Games here in New Zealand how been next to useless to get anything, even pre-ordered items, the dates keep being pushed out. The Warehouse here has been good but I rely on ToysRUs to ensure I get what is released on time.
Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be home for Breakfast

rank_50
megapepsi
PSN ID:

Postby KeithS » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:03 pm

Thanks megapepsi - here I was thinking it was just us here in Australia.

I've now given up on EBGames and have turned to Amazon to get my missing pieces - the vacant stare I got from an EBGames employee when I was asking about ordering Disney Infinity Crystals (and he started looking through the Skylander stuff...) was enough to send me over the edge. Businesses here complain about Australian's purchasing stuff from overseas, but when you consider the service our local providers give us - sometimes we have no option :)

EDIT: I took a punt this evening and tried one more EB Games shop in Sydney. The guy there was very nice but said to me that EB Games would not be getting any more of the original crystal series figures that they had the exclusive rights to (i.e. Sulley, Mr Incredible or Capt Jack). They would be getting new future exclusive crystals, but the first set would not be replaced (I'm guessing EB Games will get the Sorcerer Mickey Crystal now that we know JB Hifi is getting Crystal Agent Perry).

EDIT2: I note that EB Games also now has Crystal Agent Perry for pre-order! I wonder if that is a sign that Disney Infinity are doing away with crystal exclusives in Australia from now on?

rank_0
KeithS

Postby mantez » Tue May 06, 2014 1:16 am

My crystal Agent P has been shipped from JB hifi. Also has anyone seen wave 3 power disc in Australia yet?

rank_50
mantez

Postby KeithS » Tue May 06, 2014 9:43 am

I haven't seen Wave 3 yet but I'm heading to JB Hifi tomorrow so if I see them, I'll post a message! Well done on the Crystal Agent P being shipped - I hope they get some in store as I didn't pre-order :(

rank_0
KeithS

Postby axltk421 » Wed May 07, 2014 3:26 am

EBGames released all wave three yesterday. Got all the discs, Perry, Phineas and Crystal Perry. Just need the fabled Crystal Mickey now and then it's the long wait for 2.0
Remember, this all started with a Mouse.

rank_100
axltk421
Main Console: PS4

Postby KeithS » Wed May 07, 2014 9:34 am

Nice pick-up. I went to all three Sydney JB Hifi stores at lunch today, as well as EB Games. None of them had the third wave powerdiscs yet. All but one of the JB Hifis (in The Strand) had the Phineas and Agent P set ($29) and the individual packs too ($17). There were no Crystal Agent Ps in any of the stores.

rank_0
KeithS

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity retail sales