Walmart Black Friday Sale Issue

retail availability, prices and special offers

Walmart Black Friday Sale Issue

Postby DiamondDollJeanette » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:19 pm

Got my 2.0 last night at Wal-Mart for only 37 but the experience was awful.
We arrived at 4 for the 6pm sale so we could stand in line early for it or so we thought. Well they had the Disney Infinities on the shelf and only a few in the dairy area not wrapped like the other Black Friday items in the games area. Well when I got there I asked the lady in electronics what the policy was and she said I could put it in my cart but couldn't buy it till 6. Well I put the 2.0 in my cart and walked over to dairy to the other games to see what else was on sale. Another employee saw the 2.0 and yelled at us saying we couldn't take it yet. We explained that electronics said we could but he told us to return it. We went back to electronics and told them what happened. They said we could keep it in the cart but just stick to electronic so we did. Well then 5 minutes before 6 we were waiting for a PS4 remote in Electronics, another employee saw us with the 2.0 and yelled at us again. This lady was so aggressive I thought she was going to rip it from my cart. After I explained that we were told we could take it from electronics, she said we could keep it since there was only 5 minutes but she was so angry.
I have never encountered so much miscommunication and rudeness in a Black Friday in all my years of shopping them.
If they didn't want people taking them from the shelves, the clear or block the shelves.
Plus it was horribly misleading, they did have some of the figures wrapped up for the 6 pm sale but then you could walk over two aisles in electronics and get the same exact ones off the shelf.
Anyone else have this issue last night?
"The cold never bothered me anyway."

rank_50
DiamondDollJeanette
Main Console: PS3

Re: Walmart Black Friday Sale Issue

Postby Shingotink » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:09 am

Wal-Mart is usually crazy enough on a normal business day, that's why I decided or $3 more to just order my Xbone Toy Box Starter Pack at Target with in store pick up.
I walked in at around 1PM today with hardly any line and walked out minutes later.

rank_100
Shingotink
Main Console: Xbox 360
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby dnamertz » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:43 pm

Because the Black "Friday" sales now start at the most inconvenient time (Thanksgiving evening), I was not able to make it at the time they opened. So, I decided to go when we returned from relatives...about 11pm. I expected all the DI starter sets to be gone, but thought it was worth the try. Went to Walmart, and it not crowded by that time, but there were a lot of people in the Toys and Electronic departments. The DI 2.0 items had be cleaned off the shelves.

I then went to Best Buy and was surprised to see they still had about 15 of the DI 2.0 starter sets still on the shelf, and luckily they had some for the Wii U (2 Disney and one Marvel). So I got the starter set I needed for $39.99 without having to fight the crowds.

I later realized that all the stores that had 2.0 starter sets on sale that night also had the same price online, which made me wonder why people even do these doorbuster sales when you can try to get the same price from the comfort of your home.

rank_50
dnamertz

Postby vongruetz » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:34 pm

I was able to pick up the DI 2.0 starter set at Walmart even though it was later in the day. I was surprised they still had them in stock, but I think one of the reasons was that it wasn't marked as being on sale. The tag on the shelf still had it listed for $75, but when I scanned it at the price check station it came up as $37. I immediately snatched it up. I swore I would never go shopping on Black Friday after a horrific experience years ago, but the fact that they opened the sales on Thursday made Friday a very pleasant event. I got front row parking and now wait at the check out.

rank_0
vongruetz
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby ronniedobbs » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:41 pm

I've found that doing an in store pickup may be the ONLY way to buy @ some of these stores, Walmart & Best Buy employees are extremely bad at locating stock, and will just usually give up. I take great joy in having the sales person who told me "we don't have that in stock" to ring me up after I come back the same day with an in store pickup. Good old American laziness!

rank_100
ronniedobbs

Return to Disney Infinity retail sales