Australian prices and availability

retail availability, prices and special offers

Re: Australian prices and availability

Postby Adscan » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:38 am

Does anyone have a Scrooge Disc to trade or sell for a reasonable price?
Shancake is selling his Scrooge on eBay after wasting a lot of my time.
It is the last disc I need to finish the set.

To trade in the exclusive lenticulars I have;
C.H.R.O.M.E.'s Damage Increaser
Tron User Control
Emperor Zurg's Wrath

Etch
Adscan
Main Console: PS4
XBL ID:

Postby axltk421 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:41 am

I have received an email response from Toys r Us Australia customer care (only two weeks since I sent it...). I sent them an email asking if the crystals were going to come out over here (actually asked if they would have them for release day) as they were exclusive to TRU USA and this is their response...

"Thank you for your email.

We have checked our system and at present we are not showing any clear / crystal variants of the Disney Infinity figurines. However it is likely that these will be available in Australia at a later date."

Now, I don't know about everyone else... but I read this as a big, fat YES!!!! It definitely sounds positive! Keep watching the shelves!!!
Remember, this all started with a Mouse.

rank_100
axltk421

Postby Tegore » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:40 pm

I managed to find an EB Games store with some extra exclusives. He said they can't actually sell the exclusives, and most stores were just given the amount that they needed for the preorders.

He did give me two packs for free though, as he can't sell them supposedly.

I would gladly part with my money for them though, not sure why Disney gave them to EB and EB is just using them for preorders.
Tegore
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby troyrking » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:03 pm

Help!!!! I am new to this infinity thing. My kids are addicted. My son is a HUGE fan of his Dad's comic book collection and is dying to add Scrooge McDuck to his game. Anyone who has access to them willing to sell a desperate Dad one at a reasonable price? Please?!?
troyrking

Postby DoRayEgon » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:04 am

Eb at arndale SA had some preowned figures and discs.
Randy and dash for $13 each (not much of a bargain) but some discs for $2 each (Ralph, Cinderella x 2 and an Alice).
Check your local. Haven't tried trading for prices.

rank_0
DoRayEgon
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:

Postby Slade » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:16 am

I thought people might like to know that around Campbelltown NSW, I had a few issues finding The Lone Ranger set.
I can only guess that due to talk of the movie not doing well and other scuttle-butt that this set would be the first set pulled, it might be selling faster than some of the others.

If you want one, I'd be looking at getting it sooner rather than later.

Also, if anyone around the Campbelltown region has disks they'd like to swap, I'd be happy to oblige.
Slade

Postby naomi_j86 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:43 am

I thought exactly the same thing regarding the Lone Ranger set, it was the first one I bought.
It's a shame because the movie was amazing - sad it hasn't done well!
naomi_j86

Postby Slade » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:18 am

The movie has done well. The issue is the movie cost too much to make. $250mill in production costs, around $230mill in box office receipts, in which Disney get between 25% - 50% (China takes 75% of box office revenue, the rest of the world is 50%). So the movie has made around $115m for Disney. So they've lost $135m due to excessive costs. I trawled through IMDB for most of the information the other day.

Anyway, back on topic :) I haven't opened my Lone Ranger set... No time to play at the moment, and I'm still trying to finish off both the Cars and Pirates of the Caribbean sets. I'm not sure I'll finish cars, for some reason on the WiiU it seems to be much harder than the X360 version.
Slade

Postby axltk421 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:51 am

I received the EB Games email update this evening - talking about the EB Expo to be held in Sydney next week.
Hidden down the bottom of the message, under the Disney Infinity logo, it says "plus first opportunity to pre-order the exclusive crystal figurines". This is typical as I just purchased McQueen from eBay... However, it looks as though they are coming to Australia!

Let there be much rejoicing!!!!
Remember, this all started with a Mouse.

rank_100
axltk421

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity retail sales