Does anyone know how the Wii U Co-op is done?

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

Does anyone know how the Wii U Co-op is done?

Postby GutterWizzard » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:03 pm

Just curious as to how the Wii U co-op will be handled? If its going to use the Tablet and a wiimote with nunchuk or if its gonna be tablet and pro controller.

rank_0
GutterWizzard
Main Console: Xbox One

Re: Does anyone know how the Wii U Co-op is done?

Postby fdanielix » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:49 pm

player 1 in gamepad, and wiimote and nunchuk for player 2, shown in a video by forum member infinite right ear ...

20 Featured
Toy Boxes:

Caleb Dume: Face The Past
Curse Lift-Off

rank_1500_ftb_10
fdanielix
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Mr Penguin Knight » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:00 pm

^ It doesn't rule out pro controller support though. Considering the Wii U has been out 8 months now there is no excuse not to include pro controller support.

Saying that however Lego Batman 2 was released a couple of months back with no Pro Controller support. It can't be that hard to dupe the code needed from the gamepad controls and tweak them so that the Pro controller works. Lazy development if you ask me.
MPK for short.

UK Retail Releases: 2.0 Edition, 3.0 Edition

rank_deputy_lenny
Mr Penguin Knight

Postby Sheriff Woody » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:18 pm

^ customisation of characters and Toy Box stuff would then need to appear on the tv screen instead of the gamepad screen ... that isn't tweaking that's almost a full recode

having said that i do however find looking at the gamepad screen for items that could easily have been put on the tv screen very frustrating and so do my 2 sons. based on the videos i have seen, in the case of Disney infinity on the Wii U, it seems that using the gamepad screen is nothing more than a gimmick and does nothing that couldn't be done just by using the tv screen ... though when the game launches and it is played for real there may be things that aren't yet known.

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Mr Penguin Knight » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:20 am

^ I was thinking about Player 2 only when Player 1 is still forced to use the gamepad anyway meaning that none of the gamepad's HUD will be needed on screen as one player still has them.

As long as viewing and finding the items on the gamepad makes for a faster selection than on any other console then it'll be worth it just for the ease of use.

EDIT: Just coming back to this after recent news, the HUD will need to appear on the screen for player 2 anyway no matter what controller they are using as they will not be using the gamepad.
MPK for short.

rank_deputy_lenny
Mr Penguin Knight

Postby zaganh » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:41 am

they said on facebook no pro controller support >< i hope they patch it in though

rank_250
zaganh
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby Sheriff Woody » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:18 am

^ this can't just be patched in. as i said above customisation of characters and Toy Box stuff would then need to appear on the tv screen instead of the gamepad screen ... that isn't tweaking that's almost a full recode

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Mr Penguin Knight » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:45 pm

^ We don't want Pro Controller support for Player 1, just for Player 2 which would already have the HUB on the screen due to them not being able to use a gamepad controller anyway. Player 1 is stuck using the gaempad which is not a problem due to the awesome off-tv play and the great swipeable menus it brings.

I'm sure it will be harder to patch in than what Nintendo did with NSMBU but it can be done.

EDIT: And just as a side note, Skylanders Giants on the Wii U supports the Pro Controller and anyone who has played that can tell you that it is a pretty broken port.
MPK for short.

rank_deputy_lenny
Mr Penguin Knight

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help