Infinity Platform compatibility

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

Postby firesnake » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:55 am

Hi,

Can the platform included in the starter pack for Wii be used in PS3/XBOX360, etc. provided you have the game disc specific to that console?
firesnake
Main Console: Xbox 360

Re: Infinity Platform compatibility

Postby StormbringerGT » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:43 am

Not sure actually. However I am almost certain yes. Since the toys are universal the platform would have to be too.

However how would you ever (at this point) find yourself in that situation lol? Since every game comes with the platform.

please check the part about unnecessary quotes, thanks

rank_100
StormbringerGT
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Sheriff Woody » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:55 am

^ correct. figures and power discs can be used across multiple platforms.

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby KermitGreen82 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:19 pm

I was assuming it did too. Wii is the most update platform we have although I have been wanting my hubby to upgrade his to a ps3. I kind of figured the platform was useable on all of them and when we do upgrade I could just try and hunt down a copy of the game disc. I don't want extra figures or really a base. So if we were to upgrade I would totally look into using the platform/base on the other system.
Hi, I'm KermitGreen82!
My favorite Disney characters are: Figment, Kermit, Sleeping Beauty, Mickey Mouse, Ariel, Wreck It Ralph, Boo, Sully, Donald Duck, Bean Bunny, Orange Bird, Oswald

rank_50
KermitGreen82

Postby AceSoloMcCloud » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:17 am

As an owner of Disney Infinity on three major console platforms, the answer is no, because of Xbox 360.

The Xbox 360 Infinity Base has to work with Microsofts USB Device security chip Infineon, Xbox 360 negotiates with USB devices to prove they are authorised peripherals (by Microsoft for use on Xbox 360), so the PS3 and Wii U (and Wii) Infinity Bases do not work on Xbox 360 as they do not include this extra communication and most likely additional electronics inside, only the Xbox 360 one does, furthermore the extra negotiation in the 360 base causes it to come up as an "Unrecognised USB Device" (on PS3), when attached to a different console than an Xbox 360, and does not work on anything but an Xbox 360.

It actually says on the underside "for Xbox 360" on the one in the Xbox 360 Starter Pack, which helps to not confuse them, whereas the PS3 and Wii U appear mostly identical.

I have been able to use the Wii U and PS3 Infinity bases interchangeably on each platform/format.

I do not have the Wii version, however I would imagine it is the same as the PS3 and Wii U.

As long as Xbox 360 is not one of your platforms/formats then you'll be able to share/reuse the base.

This presents an interesting potential problem, if Microsoft decide to prevent Xbox 360 accessories from working on Xbox One or do something different to Infineon on Xbox One, then a new base will be required for an Xbox One Disney Infinity release.

See more insight on Multi-Format for Disney Infinity here:
Multi-format Disney Infinity Perspective
viewtopic.php?t=3210#p33613
Daring Air Operations Expert
Have Disney Infinity on: Xbox 360 | PS3 | Wii U

rank_100
AceSoloMcCloud
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby KermitGreen82 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:51 pm

That is good to know. My husband and I were just discussing it last night and he said if we upgraded we would go for a wii u. He said so what we are going to be spend another $75? I told him I thought we would be able to just get a copy of the disc. That is too bad about xbox360 though.
Hi, I'm KermitGreen82!
My favorite Disney characters are: Figment, Kermit, Sleeping Beauty, Mickey Mouse, Ariel, Wreck It Ralph, Boo, Sully, Donald Duck, Bean Bunny, Orange Bird, Oswald

rank_50
KermitGreen82

Postby Spleenzorio » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:51 pm

I hope when the game comes out for PS4 we can use our current bases and not need to worry about buying another starter pack. My gf and I are getting PS4 at launch and it would be nice to play together since she doesn't have a Wii U.
Spleenzorio
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby Modeltrainman » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:03 pm

I read somewhere that the PS3's base would be for PS4, and also, I think the PS3, WiiU, and X360 base'd work on PC. 3Ds is exclusive, though.
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby SlyCoug » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:13 am

Is there anyone out there that can actually confirm that the Wii base is compatible with the Wii U? I have the Wii version and, if it helps, the Model number on the bottom of the base is INF-8032386. Could someone who has either tried the base on both consoles confirm that it works, or someone that has a Wii U check their model number to confirm that it is in fact the same base?

I actually just answered my own question; on the Disney Infinity help website it lists the model numbers for each of the systems. As stated above, the Wii U, PS3, and Wii all use the same base; the base for the 360 and 3DS (obviously) are unique.

rank_100
SlyCoug
Main Console: Wii U

Next

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help