Disney Cruise Line Boat help

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

Re: Disney Cruise Line Boat help

Postby Paradox » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:51 pm

Do they still give these bands away on Disney Cruises, like if one is scheduled for next year, or did they change to something else?

rank_deputy
Paradox
Main Console: PS4

Postby PirateSteven » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:28 am

The Oceaneer Club and Oceaneer Lab still use magic bands.

rank_deputy_ftb_10_lenny
PirateSteven
PSN ID:

Postby Paradox » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:44 pm

Thanks Steven. My wife and I are taking an alone Disney cruise next year, so we won't be able to get a band(s)? I am assuming those clubs/labs are for children? Thanks Steven, or anyone :)

rank_deputy
Paradox

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:31 am

I read elsewhere a comment from a mother that she 'Forgot to return her daughter's band' after their trip. Which means they must request them back. Maybe that's why they're expensive, they retain a deposit value? But at the same time that makes no sense because why would you have it at home for Disney infinity if the cruise line want you to hand in before leaving ( ? ).

Just read up... The bands are issued to kids 12 and under to allow free access in and out of the Oceaneer kids club. The coloured 'slider' on the band indicated if the child has a food allergy or not. ( red for yes ). Anyway, the bands are supposed to be returned before you checkout/disembark. If you do not, a charge is added to your bill. This is also why they are so rare as most parents probably aren't aware of the Infinity connection, and don't want to incur more expense at the end of the cruise.

But this seems cheeky to me, because even though you have paid for your cruise ( a pretty penny i would think ), you are then required to cough up more for the band if you want to use it for the Infinity unlocks, or you keep it as a souvenir. They are also encouraging people NOT to return the bands as the band is the ONLY way to get the DI toys. I don't know, is it just another way to generate revenue? Charging you £15 for a £3 wrist strap ( I actually have no idea what they cost ). But I always look at everything cynically. That's just me.

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Paradox » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:55 pm

Ahh, Thanks for reading up, something I should do, lol. Ours is more than a year away and I was assuming all along the oceaneers band was simply a magic band you get on the cruise (all people) to unlock doors the their room, for dining etc.

I'm far too used to WDW way of doing things...

rank_deputy
Paradox

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:11 pm

OK. Managed to get a pair of used Magic Bands off ebay for £1, plus £2.90 postage. So i've now got the 'partners' statue, Dragon and Small world facade unlocked. Also managed to sell the other band almost immediately for £6, so i'm very happy. Got the unlocks, made a couple of quid, and I still have a band for when I upgrade to One from 360. :)

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:37 pm

I bought one last year at £15 so you got a bargain ^

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:59 am

I was just lucky enough to have been looking at the right time. It was the first time i'd tried, and I found them without a bid an hour and a half before ending.

Now maybe if I randomly search for an oceaneer band... ;)

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:11 am

Found this one... Too rich for me alone in the UK. But if a couple of you clubbed together in the US?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Disney-CRUISE ... SwnQhXo6x2

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help