Collection Pen help

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

Collection Pen help

Postby ad_cfc11 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:43 pm

Hi

I'm a noobie here but hopefully you are able to help me out!

I have set up a collection pen game that works as it should except for one issue I seem to be having. After setting the parameter to add an increment of 1 every time a critter enters and linking my collection pen to the counter, If I jump inside the collection pen with a baby bantha, it adds +2 to the score. If I throw it in, I get +1. If I use townspeople, it works perfectly. Has anybody any idea how to fix this? I have tried different critters, some seem to work correctly, others (such as baby tauntaun have the same problem).

I'm close to tearing my hair out, so would really appreciate the guidance.

Thanks!!!

rank_0
ad_cfc11

Re: Collection Pen help

Postby CCRunner524 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:43 pm

Do you have it set to remove? I know this was an issue in 2.0.

rank_2000_ftb_10
CCRunner524
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby ad_cfc11 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:11 pm

I've tried it both ways.

It is as if the game registers +1 when I enter the pen with a critter, and then another +1 when the critter hits the floor of the pen. Love the game but it is really frustrating. :lol:

As a work around I have set up each critter to be +10 and I have hidden the scoreboard. I have set the score limit to 80 and also set the friend generators to 'remove all' when the game finishes. This way any excess critters disappear when the game finishes. It works more or less now how I wanted it, but it requires a lot more link connections than it really needed.

I have 8 critters to collect so far, I might turn the scoreboard on and see what score I get, because I normally have 1 critter left at the end (which disappears when the game ends). Hopefully that made sense, but if anybody can work it out I would love to hear.

rank_0
ad_cfc11

Postby semerien » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:20 pm

The collection pen does do that with critters occasionally. And there is almost always a work around. Here’s what I would do to fix that issue:

Use a Logic AND toy and a Time Delayer toy

Remove the collection pen:critter collected connection from the scoreboard

Instead attached the collection pen:critter collected connection to the Logic AND : Input

Attach the Logic AND: complete to the scoreboard:increment score: 10 (I think you said you increase by 10)

Attach the Logic AND:complete to the Time Delayer:Start Delay

In the time delayer : properties set the time delay to 2.

Attach the time delayer:delay completed to the Logic AND: reset

What you have just done is set up the gameplay so that a critter entering the pit will fire of the AND gate. An AND gate will only fire ONCE until it is reset.

So the AND gate is incrementing the score for you but only once. It’s also activating a 2 second delay. At the end of the 2 seconds the AND gate will be reset.

If you find the problem is still occurring increase the time on the time delayer to 5 seconds, or however high you need to go to fix it.

rank_500_ftb_10
semerien
Main Console: PS4
Disney ID:

Postby ad_cfc11 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:28 pm

Thank you so much for such a detailed response, I would not have thought to use the delayer! I will give this a go in a bit and I will be sure to let you know how it goes, thank you again, really really appreciate the help mate!

rank_0
ad_cfc11

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help