Text creator problem

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

Re: Text creator problem

Postby Cmdr Xym » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:43 am

I am playing the game right now, by myself, with no one else logged in.

I am clearly logged in, because I saw the game sign in, and I was able to download and play community content.

But the text creator just doesn't work. I've been able to use it maybe three times.

rank_50
Cmdr Xym
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:

Postby Cmdr Xym » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:38 am

I'm running into the same problem with the Text Creator that I was running into 5 months ago (see previous posts). I tried to use it today in a brand new Toy Box and it tells me I need to be connected to the Network (except that I am). This game is so frustrating...this is why I barely play it anymore. Nothing works half the time like it's supposed to.

Can anyone give me any idea what might be going on please? Is there some magical way to verify that I am or am not connected, or is this just another glitchy part of the game?

Thanks!

rank_50
Cmdr Xym
XBL ID:

Postby jkhouw1 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:51 pm

I see you are on xbox 360 - i have had a similar problem on Xbox one - text creator doesn't recognize the connection even though i can download community content.

Exiting the game, signing out of xbox live, signing back into xbox live, then restarting DI fixed it. It always happened to me when my xbox one went into power save mode after a long period of inactivity, or occasionally if my network connection dropped - other network related things would come back, but not the text creator.

I disabled powersave on the xbox one so it doesn't happen anymore - not sure if something similar for you, but try logging out of XLive and back in and see if that fixes it.

rank_100_ftb
jkhouw1
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby Cmdr Xym » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:35 am

OK, tried your suggestion about three times...same fail. And seriously, I shouldn't have to go through all of that. Even managed to download Community Content and play that, but the Text Creator just gives me that same stupid error every time. So, apparently, the game hates me and I wasted my money on it.

Can't believe this isn't a larger issue for more people. What could be the problem?!?

rank_50
Cmdr Xym
XBL ID:

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help