Ant-Man

family friendly movies and tv that are not Disney related

Re: Ant-Man

Postby altiareagle » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:48 pm

No, these are fine :). I'd feel comfortable with these actors, i was joking with Buckmana about Pym, he probably won't check it for a while though.
Kinda tired.
Chat with me If you're tired too.

rank_1500
altiareagle
Location: Cushing, Texas. Where the coyotes wail and there isn't a steakhouse. Or Steak.
Main Console: PS3

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:51 pm

^Oh ^^ Those two are good actors. Heard there might be a 3rd choice though not sure of who it is at this time.
David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14
Main Console: Wii U

Postby buckmana » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:11 pm

Check check check. :P

And I didn't really expect it to be about Scott Lang.

But it's a choice between him and http://marvel.wikia.com/Janet_van_Dyne_(Earth-616), since they are the major secondary characters for this character.

Wasp is the most likely choice, since she's (eventually) his wife.
And there's always got to be a romance angle! :roll:

Unless they meant actor literally.
I always get confused by the gender pronouns in this case.
To me, actor=male, actress=female, but sometimes, actor=dual gender.

rank_1000
buckmana
Main Console: PS3

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:40 am

Is Rashida Jones the Front Runner to Play Wasp in Ant-Man?

MovieWeb

Kevin Feige: Expect Ant-Man Casting News Before Year Is Out

IGN

‘Ant-Man’ Is a Heist Movie, Black Panther Movie Definitely in Development

SlashFilm

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:01 am

Are Paul Rudd and Rashida Jones Close to Signing on for Ant-Man?

Last week, two separate rumors surfaced revealing that Paul Rudd and Rashida Jones are in contention to play Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne in Ant-Man. While no deals have been signed quite yet, a second report now claims that both actors are very close to signing on, and that it might actually be a "done deal" already.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is also being considered to play Hank Pym. The actor confirmed he was in discussions last week, but he wouldn't say that he had the role or not. Rashida Jones has been the only name mentioned so far for the Janet Van Dyne role, although it was revealed that her character will not turn into The Wasp. However, she will be Hank Pym's love interest and play a major supporting role.

Edgar Wright is directing from a screenplay he co-wrote with Joe Cornish, based on the Marvel comic books. No story details have been confirmed at this time.

Paul Rudd and Rashida Jones both shared the screen together in I Love You, Man and Our Idiot Brother.
Ant-Man comes to theaters July 31st, 2015. The film is directed by Edgar Wright.

Source: MovieWeb

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:08 pm

Paul Rudd Set to Star in Marvel's Ant-Man
The actor set to debut as Marvel's newest big screen hero July 31, 2015!

Marvel's "Ant-Man" has found its hero in Paul Rudd, who will star in the new film from director Edgar Wright hitting theaters July 31, 2015!

The casting of Rudd represents the actor that Marvel and Wright had long ago identified as its first choice to play Ant-Man, continuing the studio's desire to cast actors that bring several dimensions to its onscreen heroes. The film's plot is being kept under wraps.

"We knew early on that we had found the right person in Paul. When he not only agreed to do it but became as enthusiastic as any actor we'd ever met with about doing the work, we knew we'd found the right guy." - Marvel Studios president Kevin feige

"When Edgar Wright came to us with the idea of Paul Rudd, we felt a huge sense of relief because the first step in creating any Marvel Studios film is finding the right star," said Marvel's Kevin Feige. "We knew early on that we had found the right person in Paul. When he not only agreed to do it but became as enthusiastic as any actor we'd ever met with about doing the work, we knew we'd found the right guy. We couldn't be more excited for our audiences to see what he's going to do to bring Ant-Man to life."

Rudd brings a diverse background to the role having become one of the industry's most known actors with a reputation for smart, funny and creative performances. Rudd can currently be seen in "Anchor Man 2: The Legend Continues," as well as past roles in "Anchorman," "This Is 40," "I Love You, Man," "Role Models," "Forgetting Sarah Marshall," "Our Idiot Brother," "Knocked Up," and "The 40-Year-Old Virgin" among numerous other films, television shows and primetime animation.

In addition to "Ant-Man," Marvel Studios will release a slate of films based on the Marvel characters including "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" on April 4, 2014; "Guardians of the Galaxy" on August 1, 2014; and "Avengers: Age of Ultron" on May 1, 2015.

Source: Marvel

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:46 pm

Michael Douglas Cast as Ant-Man!

Fresh from last night's Golden Globe win for his performance in Steven Soderbergh's Behind the Candelabra, Michael Douglas has joined the cast of Marvel Studios' Ant-Man in the role of Hank Pym! Douglas will star opposite Paul Rudd (now confirmed to be playing Scott Lang) in the Edgar Wright film, set for release on July 31, 2015.

"With Hank Pym's rich history in the Marvel Universe, we knew we needed an actor capable of bringing the weight and stature to the role that the character deserves," said Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige. "We felt incredibly relieved when Michael Douglas agreed to step into the part with the charm and fortitude he brings to every character he inhabits, and couldn't be more excited to see what he will do to bring Hank Pym to life."

Set to begin production shortly in Georgia, Ant-Man will be directed by Wright, who co-wrote the script with Joe Cornish (Attack the Block).

"The idea that we have for the adaptation is to actually involve both… Henry Pym and Scott Lang," Wright told SuperHeroHype some years ago in an interview that he confirmed this morning via Twitter is still accurate. "So you actually do a prologue where you see Pym as Ant-Man in action in the 60's, in sort of 'Tales to Astonish' mode basically, and then the contemporary, sort of flash-forward, is Scott Lang's story, and how he comes to acquire the suit, how he crosses paths with Henry Pym, and then, in an interesting sort of Machiavellian way, teams up with him."

The film, which is supposed to launch "Phase Three" of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, will follow Avengers: Age of Ultron's May 1, 2015 release.

Source: SuperHeroHype

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby SugarGuyWrecker » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:36 am

I'm actually getting more and more interested in seeing this film every time I read up on it.
The story is different for a change. I've never seen an origin story told like this before and have never seen the first version of a Superhero pass the torch in the middle of an origin story film before. Can't wait to hear more news on this film!
Groot IIII Am Groot!(This is Fun!)"

Anna " Agreed!"

rank_1500
SugarGuyWrecker
Location: Element Animation's The Crack! Sanctuary when I need it.
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:46 am

I will keep updating this post as more stuff comes in!

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

PreviousNext

Return to other movies and tv