Frozen

Re: Frozen

Postby ntnon » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:45 am

Best Buy's barely-advertised exclusive book turned out to a) be fairly decent, and b) sold out by lunchtime. Not sure if Target's exclusive bonus disc is also completely gone, but it was selling strong from the get-go. I understand that the Infinity WalMart exclusive was practically impossible to find even at opening time...

Meanwhile, I'm getting unconfirmed reports of a hidden song on the disc.......

rank_500
ntnon
Main Console: PS3

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:48 am

^Well there were plenty of copies of the Target exclusive of Frozen when I went today.

Hmm... interesting.
David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14
Main Console: Wii U

Postby ntnon » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:35 am

At opening, our Target had probably 250 copies; I've heard others had only 20-odd and far more of the NON-exclusive release... I have no idea how many (if any) of those 250 are left - we saw six being sold in the minutes we were there.

Variety reports on plans - park stuff, sequels, musical... nothing really new.

And today, Variety just announced that it sold THREE POINT TWO MILLION (3.2M) Blu/DVDs in a day yesterday, following very stronh digital sales last month...

rank_500
ntnon

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:00 pm

What is your favorite scene from Frozen?

Photo credit: Walt Disney Animation Studios

Disney's Frozen - Hotel de Glace

'Frozen' Returns To No. 1 On Billboard 200 For Sixth Week

Spring is just around the corner, but don't tell the "Frozen" soundtrack. The wintry Disney album returns to No. 1 on the Billboard 200, selling 99,000 copies in the week ending March 16 (down less than 1 percent), according to Nielsen SoundScan.

A week ago, "Frozen" sold 100,000 at No. 3.

With its latest weekly sales sum, "Frozen" becomes the first album to sell a million units in 2014 (1.1 million this year). Its total sales stand at 1.4 million, as the set was released last November, and it sold 338,000 in 2013.

This is the sixth nonconsecutive week atop the chart for "Frozen." It first topped the list dated Jan. 18, reflecting the sales week that ended Jan. 5.

Since SoundScan began powering the Billboard 200 with its point-of-sale data in May 1991, "Frozen" is one of just four soundtracks with six or more weeks at No. 1.

Idina Menzel's "Let It Go" falls 4-5 with 122,000 (down 34 percent).

Source: Billboard

‘Frozen’ Sells 3.2 Million DVD, Blu-ray Discs in One Day
Animated Hit Breaks Digital Record

Interest in Disney’s “Frozen” isn’t showing any sign of unthawing.

The animated hit sold 3.2 million Blu-ray and DVD discs in its first day of release, the studio said Tuesday. That figure includes pre-sales, and puts it on track to become one of the biggest sellers on homevideo in a decade.

The film already had become the fastest-selling digital release of all time when it bowed on Digital HD and Digital 3D on Feb. 25.

Source: Variety

‘Frozen’ Tops Amazon’s List of Bestselling Kids’ Titles Since 2001

Disney’s Oscar-winning animated pic “Frozen” was just released on DVD and Blu-ray Tuesday, but based on pre-order sales alone, it has already iced out the competition and landed the top spot on Amazon.com’s list of bestselling kids’ titles since 2001.

The list includes several other popular recent releases like “Despicable Me 2,” “Brave” and four installments from the Harry Potter franchise as well as classic titles such as “The Wizard of Oz,” “The Lion King,” “Beauty and the Beast” and “The Little Mermaid.”

“Frozen” took home the Academy Awards for best animated feature and original song, and its sales are expected rise now that the film is available for immediate purchase.

Source: Variety

Disney Chief: Frozen Will Surpass Toy Story 3 As Highest-Grossing Animated Film of All Time
Disney CEO Bob Iger told shareholders Tuesday that Frozen is on track to surpass Toy Story 3 at the global box office.

In fact, Iger reportedly kicked off the meeting by reminding shareholders that last year’s Frozen, which won two Oscars for Best Animated Film and Best Original Song earlier this month, has crossed $1 billion at the global box office. Iger further spoke highly of the film by indicating Disney expects the picture to outperform Toy Story 3 at the worldwide box office, making it the highest grossing animated movie of all time. Toy Story 3 currently holds that record with $1.06 billion, however since Frozen is only now opening in the Japanese market, it will be more than enough to pass that figure by Disney’s estimation. “I’d call that a great year,” Deadline reports Iger told shareholders.

Considering the only two pictures to cross $1 billion last year are Frozen and Iron Man 3, we’re inclined to agree with the CEO on that count. Better still, Frozen crossing $1 billion and its other unmitigated successes have already led us to call it a breakthrough for the future of movies made in the Hollywood system. Many more will hopefully want to build that kind of snowman.

Source: Den of Geek

Disney and Pixar Sings Let it Go

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ntnon » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:14 pm

Pop quiz, then: best-selling "since 2001". So what's that, then..? A Harry Potter, given the "four (of... is it 8?) installments" mention..?

rank_500
ntnon

Postby ntnon » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:49 pm

After the extra scenes on the blu-ray, and the one on the Target bonus disc, dailymotion also has this alternate version of the Marshmallow cliff scene.

rank_500
ntnon

Postby 0silverphoenix » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:34 pm

Wow, that version is pretty cool. Also, I got Frozen on Bluray the day it came out and I've already watched it several times. Too bad I haven't had a chance to watch the bonus features yet...
Asante sana squash banana, wewe nuga mimi hapana -Rafiki

Call me Silv.

rank_500
0silverphoenix
Main Console: Xbox One
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:14 am

It’s the first day of Spring and you know what that means: Only one more season left until SUMMER!

Share this with a family member you love.

#TBT Baby Elsa & Baby Anna

Photo credit(s): Disney, Walt Disney Pictures, Walt Disney Animation Studios, and Frozen (Official FB)

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:56 am

Have you bought your copy of Frozen yet? It's available both on Blu-ray Combo Pack and Digital HD: http://di.sn/iaL

What’s your weekend plans? This is Olaf’s...

Photo credit(s): Disney, Walt Disney Pictures, Walt Disney Animation Studios, and Frozen (Official FB)

'Frozen' Soundtrack Aiming For Its Biggest Week Yet
Album could return to No. 1 in light of film's home video release

Disney's "Frozen" runaway hit soundtrack shows no signs of slowing down. Currently in its sixth nonconsecutive week at No. 1 on the Billboard 200, the album is heading for a seventh week atop the list -- and possibly its best sales week yet.

Industry forecasters suggest the album could sell upwards of 200,000 copies by the end of the tracking week on Sunday, March 23. The sales surge is owed to promotions tied to the film's home video release on March 18.

Its previous best frame came in the week ending Jan. 5, when it moved 165,000 copies according to Nielsen SoundScan. In the most recent tracking frame (ending March 16), it shifted 99,000.

The new Billboard 200's top 10 will be revealed on March 26.

The album is being positioned alongside the DVD and Blu-ray versions of the film at all major retailers, including Target, Walmart and Best Buy. Notably, the soundtrack is not being sale-priced at those outlets during the home video's release week. (Why discount something that's such a hot seller?)

"Frozen" will be far ahead of the chart's other titles.

Source: Billboard

Quiz: Are You Anna or Elsa?

Oh My Disney

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

PreviousNext

Return to Disney movies and tv