Frozen

Re: Frozen

Postby ElvisRV » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:15 pm

Did you happen to see it in 3D? I saw the standard version and wanted to know if the 3D was worth it to see. I really want to see it again!
I'm a big fan of Pixar and Disney Movies, and the Skylanders games. The Cars franchise and Ratatouille are my favorite Pixar movies. Paperman is my favorite thing to ever come out of Disney!
Credit goes to toops for my avatar!

rank_500
ElvisRV
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby MightyGitis » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:40 pm

@elvisrv 3D was worth it just for the opening Mickey Mouse short.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:02 am

Thank you for making Frozen the #1 Family Movie in America! See it today: http://di.sn/gPm

Have you seen Frozen yet? Find showtimes and see it today: http://di.sn/gPm

Photo credit: Disney, Walt Disney Pictures, Walt Disney Animation Studios, and Frozen (Official FB) on FB, Twitter, Instagram, and Tumblr

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14
Main Console: Wii U

Postby bleu4ever » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:05 pm

I went to a screening in holland and I loved it its everything I expected it to be I want to see it again :mrgreen:
The public is in danger! My evening's in danger! You tell me where my suit is, woman! We are talking about the greater good! 'Greater good?' I am your wife! I'm the greatest *good* you are ever gonna get! "

rank_250
bleu4ever
Main Console: Xbox One
NN ID:

Postby MightyGitis » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:21 am

Made myself an Olaf background for my phone. Now whenever I check the time he makes me smile.

link as image is larger than 550x550

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:52 am

^Nice ^^
David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby Star Command » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:55 am

Guess who saw Frozen... That's right. I saw it. And I have some opinions on it.

-

WARNING: My OPINIONS on Frozen are not very nice! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK! CONTAINS SPOILERS!

-

Spoiler: show
The problems I had with this movie:
First off I have to say that Anna came off as an annoying ditsy klutz. I was thinking Olaf was going to annoy me, but it was Anna.
The character designs were bad. They all looked like scrapped characters from Tangled (heck, Rapunzel even makes a cameo in the third song in the village crowd).
The story could've been a lot better. Everything in the beginning part felt rushed as well. From Elsa realizing her ice powers can be dangerous, to the death of their parents (which they never explain why the parents were going away for two weeks or where they were going.) There was so much that needed to be explained. How did Elsa get her ice powers in the first place? If Elsa was born with her ice powers, why was she born with them?
The songs didn't fit the subject or time era of the movie in terms of lyrics and style. Some of the songs felt forced, and mostly all of the songs are forgettable (this was the same problem for me with Tangled).
The dialog in the film was too modern. It was like they were desperately trying to make these characters fit in with today's generation; and being the time period this movie takes place, I found it distracting.
Once upon a time, the motive for Disney movies were to take the audience to another place in time, submerging them in that time period and world. The way the characters speak/sing and the phrases they use played a big part in that. The Princess and the Frog was the last Disney princess movie to do that correctly. I understand Disney is trying to "get with the times". But when it comes to their fairy tales, they should stick to their old roots or it begins to come off like a Dreamworks movie.
A little advice to Disney: Just because a certain formula worked once for a Disney princess movie (Tangled), doesn't mean you should try to repeat that success. It makes you look uncreative and repetitive.

So... yeah...
To infinity, and beyond!

Disney Infinity Figures Obtained: 14

rank_50
Star Command
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby MightyGitis » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:54 pm

It's official guys! If you have the want/ urge to make a Frozen themed Toy Box you have THREE WEEKS! It's an upcoming Toy Box challenge

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Rapunzel. » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:04 pm

@Starcommand Thanks...everyone I know says I act and talk just like Anna! Below is my response to your opinion.....
Spoiler: show
By the way, the animation is obviously going to be the same, its the same creators! Toy Story looks like Monsters Inc! I mean aren't I right? And...Anna's story and personality are very realistic. I have never related to a Disney character as much as I do with Anna. From age 5 till 18..she never saw anyone but a few servants and her parents...resulting in her being awkward around people. Also, I myself am going into costume design and animation, and found the character designs to be astonishing! (The awkward younger sister who was shut out of the world her whole life, because the older sister was scared of hurting someone with her ice magic! Their story is heartbreaking, and the character designs are beautiful!) And, the music does not have to be accurate for the time period. Can you honestly say, that past Disney movies music matched their eras perfectly? Disney movies are not made to be historically accurate, they are made to inspire and entertain, and I believe Disney successfully hit that mark with Frozen. Just because the music is not period accurate, does not mean we were not swept back into the time-period of Frozen! Furthermore, I believe they left why/how Elsa was born with these powers a mystery, so that the viewers could imagine it for themselves! I completely respect you having your own opinion, but the things you are choosing to complain about are slightly ridiculous! This is not meant to be a personal attack in anyway, I just want Starcommand to rethink a few of the things he said. Thank you.

@MightyGitis YAY! I really hope we win!! I am working on a Frozen Toy box!!! :D Also, could you send me your PSN ID? I would love to play with you! :D EDIT: Just saw it below your avatar ;)
"I am the lost princess, aren't I?"

rank_750
Rapunzel.

PreviousNext

Return to Disney movies and tv