Re: Frozen

Postby Popularvote » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:45 pm

I wasn't that impressed, personally.

rank_250
Popularvote
Main Console: PS3

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:38 pm

Frozen is now playing in theatres in 3D!

Image Image

Download the free Frozen sticker pack for your Facebook Messages and send your friends a warm hug from Olaf!

Photo credit: Disney, Walt Disney Pictures, Walt Disney Animation Studios, and Frozen (Official FB) on FB, Twitter, Instagram, and Tumblr

Disney's Frozen - Now Playing in Theatres in 3D!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14
Main Console: Wii U

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:48 pm

Just saw Frozen today and I got these words to sum up about the film. It was amazing! :mrgreen: Frozen has easily got to be one of my favorite Disney films to date. :) This film offers a lot of things moviegoers will like. From lovely characters like Anna and Elsa to the beautiful kingdom of Arendelle and of course the musical performances of each characters in the film. If you're a big Disney fan like me, I guarantee that you and your family will enjoy every moment of the film from start to finish. Hope you all enjoy the film and you'll like it. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Thank you Disney for making Frozen to becoming one of your beloved films. :)

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ntnon » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:30 pm

Do we need spoiler tags or a different topic to actually discuss the film...?

Spoiler: show
1. It was pretty good. I don't agree it was "the best," but a) people always say 'best' or 'worst', b) it's terribly hard to compare films - particularly "princess films" - across the changing sensibilities of 75 years, c) to each their own and d) it's different musically (style), structurally (no obvious villain) and in intent (it's meta at least as much as it's princess).

2. There us a LOT going on. I just found out that Rapunzel drops by Arendelle, for one. I believe it's pointedly echoing the style, look and plot beats of the Universal Monster films, for two. There are all manner of potential real world subtexts and commentary in Elsa having to hide her 'true self' away - one of the songs almost literally says "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" - and you can see the parallels and pitfalls clearly articulated. More to the point, while it's on one level just a 'straight' (pun intended) Princess Movie, it's also a commentary on, mockery of and satirical take on Disney, Fairytales and Princess films in general and specific. [See 4.]

3. The timeframe is interesting - it sets the scene over ten-fifteen years of montage, and then (probably/potentially) plays out over no more than a day... which undercuts the 'Eternal Winter', and plays into the Frankenstein/Phantom/Hunchback/Universal over-reacting populace/tragic-misunderstood character quite nicely.

4. PLOT SPOILERS. a) Snow/Cinderella/all - falling in love with/marrying a total stranger, b) Snow/Cinderella/Aurora/most talking to animals as if it's normal, and having them 'talk' back. c) The Prince is The Hero. d) True love's kiss. e) The Princess needing said Prince/kiss to save her. etc.

5. Was anyone else half-expecting - particularly for trope-exploding, genre-undercutting reasons - the parents to turn up at the end, bedraggled but alive...?!

And a question - MAJOR PLOT SPOILER* - for anyone who went in without being spoiled: did you guess about Hans..?

*Although, another satirical swipe/undercut... it doesn't matter much..! It would hardly effect the plot if he were the hero: he's (probably) only in charge for hours; his intentions are clear for a few minutes; his plans were never going to play out, and so forth. It's the sort of plot element that ought to be more important than it is... which is quite clever in itself!

rank_500
ntnon
Main Console: PS3

Frozen

Postby MightyGitis » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:49 pm

It was awesome! Not ashamed to admit that I was playing super close attention to Arendelle as I have plans to build it on Toy box.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby crazybirdman » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:40 pm

Took My wife & daughter. It was good. The trailers for it were horrible, just all the comic relief characters, doing comic reliefy type stuff. The backgrounds and setpieces were spectacular.

rank_250
crazybirdman

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:12 am

Weekend Report: 'Catching Fire,' 'Frozen' Set Thanksgiving Records

It was feast or famine at the box office over the long Thanksgiving weekend. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire and Frozen obliterated a handful of records, and combined for over $200 million for the five-day frame. The rest of the market didn't fare so well, though: in particular, new releases Homefront, Black Nativity and Oldboy failed to find an audience.

After opening to over $158 million last weekend, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire held well over the Thanksgiving holiday. For the three-day weekend, the movie took first place with $74.2 million; among all second weekends, that ranks fourth behind The Avengers, Avatar and The Dark Knight.

With $109.9 million from Wednesday to Sunday, the blockbuster sequel also destroyed the five-day Thanksgiving weekend record held for the past 12 years by Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone ($82.4 million).

Through its first 10 days, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire has earned a massive $296.3 million. It's now virtually guaranteed to finish with over $400 million, and should also ultimately top the original movie's $408 million total.

Playing at 3,742 locations, Frozen opened to a massive $67.4 million over the three-day weekend. That's the second-highest weekend ever for a movie opening out of first place. For the five-day frame, Frozen took in $93.6 million, which is a new record for a Thanksgiving opening ahead of Toy Story 2 ($80.1 million). It's also way above similar movie Tangled, which took in $68.7 million over the same five-day period in 2010.

Frozen's surprisingly high debut can likely be attributed to strong branding on the part of Disney's marketing. Early and often, the connection was made between Frozen and Disney Animation's Tangled and Wreck-It Ralph, both of which were successful and well-liked. Leading up to release, the marketing also highlighted a critic quote that suggested the movie was Disney's best since The Lion King; that may be hyperbole, but it was also very effective. It didn't hurt that Frozen's marketing played up the humor—specifically, from snowman Olaf—which is a similar trait across nearly all successful animated movies.

Frozen's audience skewed female (57 percent)—not surprising, considering it's a princess story—and was made up predominantly of families (81 percent). It received a rare "A+" CinemaScore, which suggests word-of-mouth will be very strong. While there is some competition late in December, Frozen will be the exclusive choice for family audiences for the next three weeks; as a result, a final total north of $250 million seems within reach.

Source: Box Office Mojo

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby DipperPines18 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:33 am

Just saw frozen. Amazing, animation was amazing, the 2 best parts were

OLAF

AND

LET IT GO. I now have let it go stuck in my head.
"Reality is an Illusion, The Universe is a hologram,"-Bill Cipher

rank_100
DipperPines18
NN ID:

Postby Rapunzel. » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:25 pm

I've been so busy with Thanksgiving, I forgot to post! I saw Frozen the 23rd, and it was ASTONISHING It is definitely on my top 3 list!!!! The animation, the music, the voices, the screenplay, and literally EVERYTHING WAS AMAZING!!!!!! I have seen it three times in theaters, and plan to see it more!!! :D Such a GREAT movie for Disney fans of all ages!! It is just sooooo beautifully done! I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!
"I am the lost princess, aren't I?"

rank_750
Rapunzel.

PreviousNext

Return to Disney movies and tv