Disney Parks Challenge Part 2 - 4/17-4/23

brainstorm ideas and share your toy box worlds

Re: Disney Parks Challenge Part 2 - 4/17-4/23

Postby astroshamu » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:57 pm

I've gone back in and added a ride for Maters Jumkyard jamboree. I found a lot of stuff I could cut off and now adding the final details. For the life of me I can't get the tractors to stay in one place, even if they are fenced in. Oh well I spose
Featured toybox:
Maximus Speed
Oaken Sauna

rank_100_ftb
astroshamu
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:

Postby markfireflame » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:12 am

@tangled&tron: you like to make them be fooled by your maps don't you.

For the life of me, I can't get in a single challenge win. It seems to me that almost everyone here has gotten at least one toy box tv appearance. You don't have to feel sorry for me, but I wish that I wasn't so horrible on the block art designs unlike PapaEcho and Finn-warrior. Not to mention a handful of others. I just wish I could learn how to do it. I'm sure that someone will say "you learn by doing," which is what I'm trying to do, but every time I try and do it, it turns out hideous. Just like my Maleficent block art in my princess challenge box. I just wish that I lived closer to anybody so we can build one together. I'm sure that this was a complaining post. Feel free to move it if need be or remove it. I also feel hopeless when doing the challenges because I already know I didn't make it in. They should just let you submit whatever toy box you make and have them see if it's worthy or not of being in the list of toy boxes instead of making ppl upset when they don't make it in.
Do you want to build a snowman?

rank_100
markfireflame
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby Modeltrainman » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:16 am

@mark: Don't give up, buddy! One day you and I'll make it! Maybe even in the same week. We just have to keep trying. Drive it in deep, and hope it sticks, like Doc said about drifting. In the meantime, Woody should make us "Gracious Unwinners" badges... :D
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby itstimechicken » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:32 am

@Markfireflame

Im terrible at block art creations too. But my Mulan blockart was featured, look up a picture of something you want to create. I looked up Mulan 8-Bit, and that is what i used to make my toy box. It also took me like 5 months before I was featured, and I wasnt even expecting it. sometimes things take you by surprise. Do you own DI on PS3, if you want ill add you and play your toybox and give you some pointers
Featured Toy Boxes: Extreme Racing, Most Wanted, Mulan's Race

rank_250_ftb
itstimechicken
PSN ID:

Postby markfireflame » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:25 am

@Modeltrainman: thanks for helping me somewhat gain my confidence back. I really appreciate it. If you could PM me some of your helpful hints I'd appreciate them. PirateSteven PM me and kind of have me a smack in the face for how to do certain things on toy box mode.

I'm hoping to make a Danville if anyone would be interested in building it with me or what not just friend me on the PSN. I could also use some pointers on how to make creative themed ones like tangled&tron likes to do just so they won't pick his. That I find very funny in fact, hilarious. I have a few ideas but not sure how to capture the feel of it. That is where I need the most help I think. Thanks in advance for any tips or tricks I could read about.
Do you want to build a snowman?

rank_100
markfireflame
PSN ID:

Postby Sheriff Woody » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:26 am

^ @markfireflame our forums have 3500+ registered members, so far we have 31 featured Toy Box Artists ... you are not alone in your frustrations ;)

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Modeltrainman » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:10 pm

@mark, you're welcome, glad I could help. Yeah, I'll PM you, First tip. Optimism. If you don't win, don't give up. You'll make it someday. All it takes is persistence. I know it's become almost buzzwords,(poor Marty Sklar) but "If you can dream it, you can do it." I always try to start with a theme I love. Another thing. "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day." You may not win today, but you can always try again. My life's been filled with an awful lot of hardship, so born from the adversity was faith and optimism, but that's another story. Anyway, this week'll be thick with entries.
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby John Reid » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:37 pm

@ndemrose: 5 minutes for a single lap :shock: well then I don't see any problems with a race that takes 7 minutes to finish :D

I really like how we cheer up each other in this forum. I submitted a lot of toy boxes before my first toy box was featured and I know how you feel. You can definitely learn a lot from other toy box artists here, expecially since they can tell you more about their work than those few lines in a toy box description. That will help to improve your work a lot. Counters that count only once, the use of replayers and other stuff was explained here in the forum. Otherwise I maybe would have never figured out how some creativitoys work :D
It's pretty much like Modeltrainman said, don't give up. You will get better with every new toy box you make.

As for my entry for this challenge... it looks horrible, but I like it. I don't know if I will make it in time, because there is still so much missing, e.g. the mountain itself. Would be kinda weird if I named my track Big Thunder Mountain without a mountain (though it is named Big Thunder anyways because Big Thunder Mountain would be too long :D )
I have added some shortcuts and I want to add something that no other race track has yet. Won't say too much though, maybe I'll need it for a future race track challenge 8-)

I watched both Cars movies this weekend, I'm really fired up to make it a cool race track! And I want the Radiator Springs toy boxes to be featured! :lol:
If not, I just hope you invite me and Mater to your toy boxes :)
I have twelve percent of a plan.

rank_100_ftb
John Reid
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby itstimechicken » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:29 pm

@John Reid

Is it a racetrack that collapses via replayer (forcing you to go to another racetrack), I did that with my toybox and Im submitting it next contest
Featured Toy Boxes: Extreme Racing, Most Wanted, Mulan's Race

rank_250_ftb
itstimechicken
PSN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity toy box creations