Disney Parks Challenge Part 2 - 4/17-4/23

brainstorm ideas and share your toy box worlds

Re: Disney Parks Challenge Part 2 - 4/17-4/23

Postby astroshamu » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:57 am

Logic is awesome but I gave up on replayers, They're too buggy for me to want to deal with them, which is a shame since they would allow us to make levels as big as we want, we'd just have to load and unload parts of the level. As for my level it's coming along nicely. I'm about 3 hours in and my secret weapon this time is I'm not going to procrastinate! hopefully. :lol: I always miss out at least a few things that I wanted with most of my levels so I'm trying to finish it earlier on so I can spend more time tweaking the final product. So far I've got the layout of what I want done and now it's time to get decorating.
Featured toybox:
Maximus Speed
Oaken Sauna

rank_100_ftb
astroshamu
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:

Postby markfireflame » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:38 am

@t&t- thanks. I might take a look at that AL's Quest toy box to see what you mean. I hope to one day create a story with my toy boxes. Just wanted to know how to tell a story in toy box mode.

I'll understand eventually the concept of building a noteworthy toy box even if it's a really dumb idea. Thanks everyone.
Do you want to build a snowman?

rank_100
markfireflame
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby tangled&tron » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:30 am

I really wanted to try and make a 2 player map this time, but I can never figure out how to handle the enemies with 2 players. Since I can only have 6 or 7 bad guys at a time I gotta make it so that the next area clears out all the bad guys from the previous area, but what happens if the players split up and go to two different areas at one time? Then one side will automatically have the enemies all get cleared out right in the middle of action probably.

I remember for my Tangled map I just made it so that all the Trigger Areas were activated by Player 1 only... that way Player 2 could tag along if they wanted to but wouldn't activate or clear out anything if they ventured on ahead. For my Treasure Planet map I just put Singleplayer only in the description... probably will just do the same thing with this one.

rank_1000_ftb
tangled&tron

Postby ndemrose » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:17 pm

Well, I'll jump on the bandwagon too and say, I love Lego too! :P

Also, I started my toy box for this one. I didn't have time to finish my princess race track, I guess that will go into toy box land until I can re-purpose it for another challenge. Someone mentioned Buzz Lightyears Space Ranger Spin ride. I was this close to trying that one too, using conveyor belts to transport you around the track, but decided on a different Tomorrowland attraction to recreate!
Featured Toy Boxes: Save The City, Tangled Hair, Star Tours

rank_100_ftb
ndemrose
NN ID:

Postby Erdadi3 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:22 pm

I think I will participate in this challenge. I have been only in one Disney park (Disneyland Paris) and it was 20 years ago, but I have great memories about it! Lets see what I can do.

rank_100_ftb_10
Erdadi3
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby astroshamu » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:43 am

So far so good, I'm 6 hours in now and I am running out of room in my toybox. I'm adding little details now to decorate the scene and make it look more whole. There isn't any logic for this level so far and I don't think planning on adding any. The levels looking good and I'd say im 60% done with it so far, Still not giving any details away but I think you guys will really like it. If I finish this soon There's another level I wanted to do for this challenge last time so maybe I'll give that a go this time around.
Featured toybox:
Maximus Speed
Oaken Sauna

rank_100_ftb
astroshamu
NN ID:

Postby itstimechicken » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:38 am

Ugh! Not telling anyone my idea is KILLING ME!!!! If you would like to know PM me, I have to tell someone
Featured Toy Boxes: Extreme Racing, Most Wanted, Mulan's Race

rank_250_ftb
itstimechicken
PSN ID:

Postby tangled&tron » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:17 am

^ Give me a hint... make the hint really obscure so that like only genius people can figure it out. 8-) And oh yah... don't feel like entering this challenge anymore. :lol:

rank_1000_ftb
tangled&tron

Postby itstimechicken » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:23 am

Almost done, pics coming soon
Featured Toy Boxes: Extreme Racing, Most Wanted, Mulan's Race

rank_250_ftb
itstimechicken
PSN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity toy box creations