Disney Parks Challenge Part 2 - 4/17-4/23

brainstorm ideas and share your toy box worlds

Disney Parks Challenge Part 2 - 4/17-4/23

Postby itstimechicken » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:36 am

The Disney Parks challenge is coming up, GL to all who enter, this challenge is probably going to have a lot of competition.
Featured Toy Boxes: Extreme Racing, Most Wanted, Mulan's Race

rank_250_ftb
itstimechicken
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Re: Disney Parks Challenge Part 2 - 4/17-4/23

Postby astroshamu » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:27 pm

I'm thinking of two Ideas for this challenge, I'll have to wait to reveal them until its a little closer but I think they're both pretty good! Good luck to all that enter!
Featured toybox:
Maximus Speed
Oaken Sauna

rank_100_ftb
astroshamu
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:

Postby tangled&tron » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:22 am

Ooo... wanted to enter this challenge since my latest map is like... 60% done. But don't see how the current trajectory that my map is taking theme wise will be consistent with anything Disney Park/Ride related. Was gonna go with the whole Pirate adventure theme park angle... but had to pivot... it is just more fantasy adventure now, so can't use the Disney Shanghai Resort Treasure Cove as cover anymore. :lol:

rank_1000_ftb
tangled&tron

Postby markfireflame » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:50 am

Hahaha. You're funny tangled&tron. This time im going to do an attraction ride instead of the park. I'm thinking maybe space mountain or Nemo's voyage or maybe even mr. Toad. Soooo many to choose from. Though not sure how well mr. Toad will come out since we don't have pop-outs of anything. Thinking time now.
Do you want to build a snowman?

rank_100
markfireflame
PSN ID:

Postby tangled&tron » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:22 am

^ I don't even know who Mr. Toad is. :oops: LOL.

And it just occurred to me... we are allowed to make our own original Disney park too right? Who says it has to be based on a real Disney park? Anyway... that's what I'm going to do then... make an adventure through my own Disney theme park. 8-) Just gotta name it something like... MyOwnDisneyPark... so they know what I'm trying to do. :lol:

Something really cool happened though... for some reason while I was building normally I noticed that my Medium Waterfall piece completely lost collision detection. It was so cool because I got to embed a Stone Arch Fort halfway into it... it looks so cool now with only the top part of the fort sticking out above the waterfall section. This glitch (which went away for some reason and which I haven't been able to recreate) totally saved me... I know how to finish my map now. I pretty much got everything figured out... so it is just pure fun building until I get to the logic/enemy placement stage... which I absolutely dread. :lol:

rank_1000_ftb
tangled&tron

Postby markfireflame » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:09 am

Should I try entering my disney park again this time? We'll have to see what they mean by the challenge when it's announced. My toy box is done already. I think that it's my most epic racetrack I've made to date. I really hope it wins because you guys would love it.

Question to throw out: is it prudent/necessary to have barriers for racetracks? If so, anyone who has a ps3 and willing to help out a friend who for beans can't make decent barriers, it would be appreciated. My PSN name is markfireflame. I accept friend requests on there for people who either need help or want to help me or critique me on my work.

PM me plz so I know you want help or want me to help you out.
Do you want to build a snowman?

rank_100
markfireflame
PSN ID:

Postby tangled&tron » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:47 pm

^ I don't think barriers are a necessity... maybe just on the outside half of very hard turns or something... not sure though, never made a racetrack before.

Anyway... this is what I was talking about earlier.

*pic deleted by me*

For some reason my Medium Waterfall piece temporarily glitched out and lost all collision detection so I was able to stick a Stone Arch Fort halfway into it... so now I have a (imo) really cool looking Waterfall Fort. 8-)

rank_1000_ftb
tangled&tron

Postby PirateSteven » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:29 pm

If you are not using barriers which is totally ok, make sure you incorporate check points into your race.

rank_deputy_ftb_10_lenny
PirateSteven
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby shiftyraccoon » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:27 pm

How can you make race checkpoints? I tried with the normal checkpoints but the car hits then and wobbles a bit like a pothole. Not good!

rank_750_ftb
shiftyraccoon
Main Console: PS4

Next

Return to Disney Infinity toy box creations