What would be your dreamlist of playable characters?

brainstorm ideas and share your toy box worlds

Re: What would be your dreamlist of playable characters?

Postby SalmonPink » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:57 pm

Ooh, lots of great ideas, and I love the idea that many of them may become a reality some day!

To accompany the playsets and standalones that already exist (or are strongly rumoured to), I'd love to see Frozone, Elizabeth Swan, Will Turner, Felix, Calhoun and Oogie Boogie. But I'm most exicted about the idea of different franchises getting figures. Soooo...

Lilo & Stitch Playset: Surfing! And possibly zipping around in those little hoverships they showed in the end credits. Lilo and Stitch would be definites, but Jumba and Pleakley would also be very welcome.
Merida Standalone: Archery, with a target-system mini game. Honestly, I'd love a Brave Playset, with Fergus and Elinor, but I think a Merida standalone is more likely.
Little Mermaid Playset: Underwater swimming would be awesome. Ariel and Ursula would be amazing figures. Not sure how Ariel would work in the toybox, but she could easily 'swim' through the air, like when a kid is holding a toy and miming swimming.
Aladdin Playset: Aladdin, Jasmine, Genie and Jafar, with parkour-style leaping over rooftops and carpet riding.
Lion King Playset: Simba and Scar, and I think I saw somebody mention Timon riding Pumbaa, which I think is a great idea.
Gravity Falls Playset: This one might be wishful thinking, but the idea of playing as Mabel makes my heart sing.
Peter Pan Playset: If this isn't part of Infinity 2, I'll eat my woolly Kermit hat. Peter and Hook would be obvious choices, but it'd be nice to see Wendy too. (Don't know how Tink would fit in, in terms of scale.)
Classic Disney Playset: Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Daisy and Pluto. Again, I wouldn't be surprised if they turn up in Infinity 2.
Jessica Rabbit Standalone: Which basically comes down to the hubba-hubba factor. I'd love sashaying around the toy box as her!
Any Disney Afternoon Playset: Ducktales, Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, Talespin, Bonkers, anything! Probably unlikely, but the Afternoon Vinylmation Series seems to sell well (and Scrooge's vault and number one dime are represented in the game), so maybe we'll get some standalones
Tarzan Standalone: The sliding rails from Infinity match the way Tarzan moves in the film, and he could have a swinging vine that works like a grappling hook.
Winnie The Pooh Playset: The Pooh Bear levels of Kingdom Hearts were just darling, and spending an afternoon in the Hundred Acre Wood trying to find hunny and playing mini puzzles could be an interesting alternative to the more adventure-based playsets.
Mulan Playset: Mulan and Shang, and potentially Shan Yu as well, with learning different kinds of combat, sword fighting, horse riding, and lots of action.
Maleficent Standalone: It could coincide with the release of the future Maleficent movie (although I'd definitely prefer the animated version of the character). In an ideal world, I'd love a playset with Aurora, Philip and Maleficent, with a big dragon battle at the end, but that seems unlikely. Maleficent on her own seems doable.
Princess And The Frog Playset: Tiana, Naveen and Facilier. I think they'd work best as human characters in the toy box and as frogs in the playset. The figures themselves could be Tiana and Naveen as humans with their frog counterparts posing at their feet, to indicate that you'll get to play as both.
Treasure Planet Playset: Yeeeeah, likely not something we'll ever see, although the movie could suit a playset so well. But it'd be cool to play as Jim and Silver.
Muppets Playset: I would die. I would just die. If nothing else, a Piggy standalone would leave me on cloud nine. Kermit would need to made as well, but Miss Piggy is obviously the centre of the universe.

God, I have to stop because I could go on forever and this is already long enough as it is. I know there are a lot of rumours about Rapunzel as a standalone, and while I'm sad she won't get a playset, I'd love to see her represented. Having Flynn with her would be awesome.

Honestly, the things I'd love to see the most are some more Disney Classics and more female characters. If Infinity does well, maybe we'll see Star Wars and Marvel in later versions, which would be beyond incredible!

rank_250
SalmonPink
Main Console: PS3

Postby monochrom » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:14 pm

Can't we just make John Vignocchi employ SalmonPink?

rank_50
monochrom
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby Bruce » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:15 pm

^ You read my mind ;)
"Soon I learned that the worse the puns and jokes, the funnier they could be, if you knew how to deliver them." - John Lasseter

My Disney Infinity Blog: http://www.disneyinfinityblog.blogspot.com

rank_0
Bruce
Main Console: PS4

Postby SalmonPink » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:08 pm

^ Hah, I'd be a terrible employee! I'd spend all day clutching the figures to my chest and cackling manically. People would be scared to make eye contact! :lol:

rank_250
SalmonPink

Postby killa-bunnah » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:06 pm

^I'm glad you liked my Timon riding Pumbaa idea :lol:
"The world is haunted now" - Tyreese, The Grove

rank_250
killa-bunnah
PSN ID:

Postby SalmonPink » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:54 am

@killa-bunnah
It really is a great idea! I think Timon and Pumbaa are just as recognisable as Simba when it comes to The Lion King, so they deserve to be represented, and it eliminates any concerns about Timon being too small to warrant a figure. Plus how cute would it be, to have Timon riding Pumbaa riding Maximus! :lol:

rank_250
SalmonPink

Postby Wild Kix » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:19 am

I would love to see the gargoyles franchise get its own representation. The complex story ark and fantastic characters would make an awesome playset. The playset piece could could come packaged with Goliath and a secondary character like Lexington Or broadway. The individual packs could consist of:
Brooklyn
Hudson
Xanatose
Demona
The could istitute the glyding mechanic already in the game while also giving the gargoyles the ability to scale structures
Wild Kix

Postby buckmana » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:04 pm

I suspect if Ariel were added, she'd be able to switch between human and mermaid form depending on circumstances.

She does this a little in the second movie.

Although this is not an innate power she has, Triton has to do it for her.
But it was stated as one of his family, she could concievably obtain some or all of his powers.

How that is done so is not exactly stated, but it involves the Trident.
Basically, I think the Trident can give special abilities to someone, so Triton could use it to give Ariel the ability to change form, for example, if my theory is correct.

Also, in Kingdom Hearts, Ariel throws lightning, which is not an ability she's ever shown to have in the movies or show.

rank_1000
buckmana

Postby PirateSteven » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:06 pm

Roger Rabbit and Jessica Rabbit

rank_deputy_ftb_10_lenny
PirateSteven
PSN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity toy box creations