First Disney Toy Box Challenge: Racetrack!

brainstorm ideas and share your toy box worlds

Postby MightyGitis » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:39 pm

I only just saw it on the load screen for the Toy Box and went to see the posting about it on the official site: Racetrack Challenge

Will you be entering? I know there are quite a few of you who have probably already submitted amazing tracks before the challenge went up, which is great! My first Toy Box was not a race (well, there was a minitrack) and I was struggling to decide what to make next and now I've decided to try this challenge.

It says we have one week to submit the challenge.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: First Disney Toy Box Challenge: Racetrack!

Postby crazybirdman » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:18 pm

I'll submit something, but I don't know if the track it too hard, or if it's the AI

rank_250
crazybirdman
Main Console: Wii U

Postby MightyGitis » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:04 pm

Anyone know how to make it so that if they drive too far off the track it resets them back on the track?

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby MechaSanta » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:44 pm

I think that's automatic. Anyway, I would love to send in a racetrack, but first I need to know what they'll do to all the non-features tracks. Are they just scrapped? I'm not wasting 20+ hours creating a track they'll just throw away. That's the main reason I haven't been around lately. It's quickly gone from "yay, create!" to "nay, just play". Sigh...
MechaSanta
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby MightyGitis » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:41 am

^I would love to know more about the submissions. We know absolutely nothing about how they intend to do it. Is it one long queue? What about Toy Boxes submitted that are not a part of a challenge? If it is outright rejected do they plan to email us? So far no communication. There isn't even satisfactory confirmation when you upload a box. No email saying it was received or a Submitted screen to see a list of successfully submitted Boxes.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby MightyGitis » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:28 pm

Made a lot of progress with my racetrack last night. Track is all laid and I raced on it a couple times. Concerned it is too difficult but I'm still putting pieces together some of which will help with rolling off the track.

It rolls up around a castle/ mountain and then back down the other side. Once I get it more put together I will try to put up some images. Unfortunately I got snagged to work both days this weekend so I will be lucky if I get the Box totally finished by Thursday.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby MightyGitis » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:16 pm

I believe my Racetrack I ready for submission. If I keep running it through nitpicking it I'm going to drive myself crazy. So instead last night I saved it and now I'm at work. Today after work I will load it and play it once. Unless something glaringly needs to be changed I'm finalizing it and sending it in.

Hopefully I will have time to try to take a video of the track this weekend. Maybe Friday night. I'm pretty proud of it. It hard but not impossible. And it's been meticulously themed. I've spent lots of times driving slowly around the track looking at the view from the car and making sure it looks good.

I should have put a lap counter on just to count how many laps I drove on the track while building it.

The AI cars seem to handle it well enough. I have yet to win on my own track! I came a close second once. Darn you, Lightnin McQueen!

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby crazybirdman » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:51 pm

Almost done with mine. I have noticed a few obstacles that seem to trip the AI up, that help a bit. Is the track due today? tomorrow?

rank_250
crazybirdman
Main Console: Wii U

Postby MightyGitis » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:01 pm

^ It was posted last Thursday and said you had one week to submit. But I wouldn't be surprised if they are lenient with submission cut off. That being said I'm submitting tonight to be extra safe.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity toy box creations