rank_250_ftb_10
thebaroness89
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Podracing Challenge (due 1/27)

Postby Romulus77 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:36 am

To whom it may concern:

Be aware that in this digital age, anything you say can be saved by a simple screenshot and shared so deleting posts doesn't make it stop existing.

Do not question people's maturity as adults in one sentence and then call them a "Master Race" in another.

You will never be considered an adult yourself by engaging in such behavior.

Good day to you, "Sir"

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby tabaer » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:28 pm

Played these last night, and the top 5 were definitely deserving even though my scores completely stunk on the leader boards, especially Pod Prowling's. @Vasuri83, I laughed at the comment (insult) at the end. No I did not fall asleep, I am just a poor shot. This was such an awesome concept. Max Thrasher, I don't even know if you're a part of this forum but good first toy box. @Semerien, I liked the idea of seeing how long you could last, even though I didn't last for long. @Sonicphoto, I loved the tour of Naboo, especially the way you took us underwater. @Dad, amazing as always. The track was great, and the different terminals where you could watch the race were very creative.

rank_100_ftb
tabaer
Disney ID:

Postby Sonicphoto » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:40 pm

Congrats to all the winners! I was really impressed and excited with all the boxes, everyone definitely gave their own unique touch to podracing with unique gameplay, while still staying true to what Podracing is all about!

Love the use of cameras, the design and competition in Felucia's Clandestine Race! Meanwhile Pod Race: Test Drive delivered a challenging leaderboard, with unique ways on how to compete in podracing with weapons, speed and stunts! On the other hand, Pod Prowling gave us a story and a completely different point of view of podracing, and it was a great leaderboard challenge as well very nicely thoughout. Podracing school, also went with another unique approach, by having collectibles as part of the main race's goal. And fantasia 5000 was also a challenging track with an interesting use of traps and nice theme idea. I think ultimately what I love about this top 5 is that none of the boxes feel the same, one would think there is not much to podracing, but these toy boxes really prove the many possibilities you can achieve with any theme!

The video for this top 5 is now up! Here you can see in action how great the boxes were and what were the things that the judges enjoyed the most about them, that made them really stand out! And thanks everyone for the great positive comments on my box :D

rank_250_ftb_10
Sonicphoto
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby StoryShtick » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:54 pm

If Dinsey Infinity 3.0 has a weak spot, it's podracing. If it weren't for the stars locked up in the Jedi Arena (fun arena, just too many stars there) and the podracing, I think Twilight would be considered the best playset. So it's funny that Disney wanted to do a podracing challenge because podracers in the Toy Box/Speedway feel even slower and clumsier than in the playset.

Podracing games a decade ago are still better DI podracing.

So mostly I was disappointed in the results of the challenge because the raw materials were weak. I'd really like to see the top two tracks remade with actually fun-to-drive vehicles! These were really good Toy Boxes, it just sucked that I was in a podracer. Definitely thought that the AI on rails was a clever addition and I bet we see a lot more of that in the future. And the shooting at the podracers was a hoot.

@MightyGitis: Like E.O. Arendelle, I've only submitted a couple of Toy Boxes and they haven't placed. But I love to play Toy Boxes and I've played nearly all the 2.0 and 3.0 featured Toy Boxes. I don't think you have to be a winning builder - or a builder at all - to have a valid opinion. I'm sure it is a huge challenge sometimes for the DI team to judge all the entries, but from time to time some of the winners have left me scratching my head. I'd like to know their process is - not the nitty gritty on a specific challenge, but just an idea of how much time they spend on each entry and how they score.

@E.O. Arendelle: I played the Tatooine and Bespin levels of your playset. I've completed everything in the Speedway, so I've raced a lot in DI. My accelerator finger got tired on both of your tracks. That's not good. Bespin didn't feel like Bespin to me and where your track splits if you take either side road you constantly trigger resets. So you need to playtest more. On Tatooine, I like the sarlaacs everywhere, but I think they should've been even more of an obstacle with a few jumps over them. One thing happened on the Tatooine track that I'd never seen before - I lapped two of the AI racers! Mater was weaving and boosting all over the place trying to get around the rocks when I passed him, but poor Francesco was just sitting a car length behind a rock as if he'd given up the will to race! That was pretty funny.

@E. O. Arendelle: You clearly put a ton of work in to make so many enourmous tracks. I know what that's like; I put together four huge, linked Toy Boxes for the summer challenge and far, far too many hours for a working man with a family. When I didn't win any of the many prizes, I was pretty down about it. And when I played the winning Toy Boxes (14 of them?) I had similar feelings that my entry was better than many of them. And I never got any feedback on it, so I thought maybe doing that for you could help. I probably can't see where I went wrong, but I definitely think the experience of building all that changed what I build now. Hope this helps.

rank_50
StoryShtick
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby MightyGitis » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:16 am

@StorySchtick Oh I'm not saying you have to be experienced to have an opinion. But if you're gonna come here with opinion that is entirely negative you need to be able to back it up with knowledge or actual information. That was not the case here. All he had was negative and no positive because he doesn't understand enough to recognize the good qualities in the top five boxes.

All opinions are welcome to be stated. Just like I'm welcome to state when the critique is not productive and is skewed by sour feelings of losing the challenge.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby StoryShtick » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:40 am

@MightyGitis: Cool; thanks for clarifying.

rank_50
StoryShtick
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity toy box creations