None of my 3.0 toy boxes have been put on community content!

brainstorm ideas and share your toy box worlds

Re: None of my 3.0 toy boxes have been put on community cont

Postby pjhaan » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:51 am

I don't know about 20 logic connections but I know some of my 2.0 boxed showed up as empty and were rejected...

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby MightyGitis » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:05 pm

There is no requirement for number of logic connections I'm aware of.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Steamboat Silly » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:47 pm

I wish they would make it more like Little Big Planet where you can remove/update your level at will, but I guess Disney is over-protective. Although you would think they could easily take down questionable content. I don't think we should have to rely on one guy on Twitter to look into levels that aren't put up. Just my 2 cents.

I sent an email to Disney Support asking them to replace a broken level, and it will be interesting to see if they can do that.
Support Brain Cancer Research
#Greymatters

rank_250
Steamboat Silly
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby MightyGitis » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:06 pm

First let me clarify something. It is not one guy on Twitter. It is a team of people. Tyler OUT OF HIS OWN LOVE FOR THE GAME communicates with us on Twitter. He does not have to. It is not in his job description. He does it for us. He has always been accommodating and helpful. Mind you I am a meticulous tester and very rarely have to reupload. Let alone need to reupload several time for the same challenge. I am to the point where I will stop directing new builders to him.

The proper thing to do is to email support. And go through proper support channels.

I think the problem here honestly is at your end not knowing or understanding how to test your levels or having the knowledge of seasoned builders. Such as doors and Toy Box Games don't get along. Though there are ways to test for that too.

My underlying point here is that right now they are being inundated with more entries than they've had for any other challenge and more new builders than they've ever had before. And I know many of you are uploading and reuploading. I wouldn't blame tyler if he deleted his Twitter because he's tired of being harassed. So a dose of patience would be helpful.

Would it be nice to have more control once a level is uploaded? Sure. But if you are responsible and test (thoroughly) you will have very few instances where you need to reupload or need to bug him for things. Disney will NEVER let anything get uploaded without being screened. This isn't LBP. And thank goodness for that.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Sheriff Woody » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:41 pm

ok, before this gets even more personal than it already has. individuals will have their own experiences and opinions of Disney Infinity and they are allowed to express these openly on here. if you disagree it does not entitle you to make personal comments against the other person.

our main rule on here is "Play Nice!" if you can't do this then don't comment and if you do make personal comments expect posts to be edited or deleted completely.

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Sonicphoto » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:26 pm

@gotwriter that one guy takes part of his time to try and help the community the best way he can when he doesn't have to. He doesn't need to have a twitter open to talk about work, he is being the best at his job by doing the extra mile. I don't see other videogame companies having someone constantly to talk to on twitter about community content submitted. Disney Infinity goes very much the extra mile overall for the community than any other videogame franchises. Second of all, if Disney approved everything we would see some very bad content get through, particularly bad language or just overall inappropiate blockart. This is a family game where kids are exposed to this content, they have to make sure no matter what that small kid decides to press, its all appropiate.

I understand your point of problems, but the reality is every videogame now is exposed to have glitches or situations in general because every player is a different variable. And they already know about the situations going on and are working on it but it takes time because sometimes that requires rebuilding something from the ground up. Look for example batman arkham knight, the pc version didn't work out. Look at Metal Gear Solid Phantom Pain, a game that received a ton of 10s but had a game breaking glitch. Reality is not every player plays the same, specially with toy box building not everyone builds the same. So my best suggestion is if something is not working out you can try doing it another way.

This is a game about a lot of trial and error, In 2.0 I had that period of much trial and error, create something, test it, rework it, test, rework again, I spent months until I finally got to understand really well how the toy box functions overall. And 3.0's box is not really broken, we seen a lot of great content come from it already, so again just keep trying, analyze the comunity team boxes, or other user boxes, take a look at logic and start getting ideas on whats possible to build.

In the end, I just want to see more posts about the magic that is the toy box and together let the world know why is such an incredible and powerful tool to make dreams come true not only for us, but every player of every age.

rank_250_ftb_10
Sonicphoto
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby PirateSteven » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:26 pm

***message deleted***

Sorry, I had to delete my own post as per the "Play Nice" rules.

rank_deputy_ftb_10_lenny
PirateSteven
PSN ID:

Postby Steamboat Silly » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:32 pm

I am not blaming Tyler, I am criticizing the system they have set up. Players shouldn't have to seek out one guy to resolve uploading issues. It has nothing to do with him at all. I have emailed tech support and they claim they cannot do anything about it. I feel like some people here have trouble dealing with criticism of the game. If I cannot voice my opinion and discuss things in a civilized way, which I do, then I have no problem not coming here any more. I am not upset, heck I have a brain condition that has taught me not to sweat things like this, but want to be able to discuss these issues.
Support Brain Cancer Research
#Greymatters

rank_250
Steamboat Silly
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby MightyGitis » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:35 pm

@gotwriter I feel you didn't fully read my post. But that's fine.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity toy box creations