Toy Box idea - MOBA style game

brainstorm ideas and share your toy box worlds

Toy Box idea - MOBA style game

Postby xboxfanuk » Mon May 18, 2015 7:31 am

I was thinking that Disney Infinity could potentially be well suited for a MOBA type game. The huge cast of characters and unique environments would mean you could have lot's of awesome maps.

The big difference between say Heroes of the Storm and what could be done in Infinity is that the characters in Infinity would already have their upgrades. So it would probably work more like a multiplayer brawler with sidekicks to fight with you.

Unfortunately I am not very adept at building with logic toys yet so it will take a long time to make this. Probably won't have anything until 3.0 comes out. If anyone has any suggestions about toy boxes that incorporate this idea I would be interested.

So far my idea is to build a map with three lanes of travel using invisible walls to keep players in the lanes. Not sure about flying characters yet. Then have two bases with various layers of defenses like a typical MOBA. Each side would have a main base to defend and when it's destroyed then game over. I am sure you can do scoring in the toy box as well. The creeps is a bit of an issue, but if I can somehow get them to go for the other person's base that would be awesome. If not then I guess they might be spawned on demand from the players and just work as extra layers of defense of the base.

I would probably use the tilted camera to give it that MOBA/RTS type effect, but I was also thinking of maybe doing it more like SMITE and have a third person action camera.

I know at launch there was a cool 2D fighting arena, but beyond that I have not seem much for multiplayer PVP matches. A 2 vs 2 game would be awesome.
John - Gamertag: xboxfanuk

Friend me for some multiplayer fun.

rank_50
xboxfanuk
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Toy Box idea - MOBA style game

Postby Erdadi3 » Mon May 18, 2015 8:39 am

Hello!

Indeed this has been a recurrent idea in the community. The main problem we are facing at the moment is to make the enemies path so they do not get lost and can reach the enemy base. My guess is that with Disney Infinity 3.0 and the new tool to create paths this gameplay will be a reality at last. Have not tried anything yet in 2.0, but in the next version I will give it a try for sure!

rank_100_ftb_10
Erdadi3
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Toy Box idea - MOBA style game

Postby InfinityApprentice » Tue May 19, 2015 9:56 pm

What's MOBA.
"Some imagination, huh?" Mickey Mouse, Fantasmic

rank_750
InfinityApprentice