Freestyle Toyboxes

brainstorm ideas and share your toy box worlds

Freestyle Toyboxes

Postby JustNCredible » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:53 am

Does Dinteractive accept any general toy boxes each week or only those themed to the challenges?. I understand that Dinteractive issues weekly challenges to inspire those players who need the push to make something, but there should be at least one or two "freestyle" toy boxes that "win" each week too. I have a ton of ideas (not that it matters now since my Ps4 was stolen lol) but I don't want to conform to a theme I'm not into. So I guess what I'm wondering, is it already possible for generic toy boxes to be featured and downloaded, or are themed winners the only ones promoted? If not we should push for a freestyle slot each week. Thanks for any feedback.
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Re: Freestyle Toyboxes

Postby Romulus77 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:21 am

They approve and post dozens of Toy Boxes every week that have nothing to do with the Challenges. There's at least one a week with Hogwarts in the title. :lol:

As for being featured, they've only done that once. For Thanksgiving, they picked 5 Toy Boxes that they thought were cool but didn't conform to any Challenge. It would be nice if they did that more often, but alas they haven't.

Still, even without being featured by DI, you can still get a good amount of downloads from the community.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby MightyGitis » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:29 am

@Romulus78 TWICE they did it on Christmas too.

And then later in the cycle towards the release of the next game they will have Anything Goes challenges that will allow you to enter boxes of any variety to get featured.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Romulus77 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:38 am

I didn't mention the Christmas instance because they had asked for Christmas boxes on TBTV so to me it was more of an unofficial Challenge.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby Elmo STM » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:20 pm

When I was uploading one time I asked about uploading and was told that the challenges toyboxes take priority but that non challenge ones should be uploaded as well although some may slip through

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby INFamilyGamers » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:08 pm

I've seen others mention this so I'm sure many would like to see a "hidden gem" segment on Toy Box TV. It is a great idea. However, I kinda think it could be done much better here on Infinity Fans.
A hidden gem thread that is updated by a moderator. It could be broken down into groups (combat, puzzle, platform..etc..). If done correctly they could quickly become the most read in the whole forum and bring in lot's of new members.
It seems like it should be easy to set up. But, I just got here, so I'm certainly not the one who can make the idea work.
Community Boxes:
Travel Village-Combat Exploration
The Last Meadow-2P combat

rank_0
INFamilyGamers
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Return to Disney Infinity toy box creations