Pick a Character! 4/2 – 4/8

brainstorm ideas and share your toy box worlds

Re: Pick a Character! 4/2 – 4/8

Postby Fritzy » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:10 am

Not at all surprised to see Donald's Dream in the Top 5. I'm glad, Infinity Guru! :)

I was really hoping there would be Honourable Mentions this time around. Bummed.
32 Toy Boxes
1 Featured, 2 Honourable Mentions
Spotlight: Anger's Fire Jam

rank_250_ftb
Fritzy
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby digeek1955 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:08 am

@Infinity Guru your box was o simple yet it still got in the top 5! Wow! I need lessons from you!
I have a dream. I hope it will come true. -Lava

rank_1250
digeek1955
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Infinity Guru » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:18 am

@Fritzy @digeek1955 Thanks guys! I'm happy everyone seems to like it! :D
The toontown section of the box was actually the first thing I started building back when I got the game in September, so it's pretty cool to see it come full circle and then place. I had a totally different idea for it back then.
8 Featured Toy Boxes. Toy Box Summit 2015 Attendee.

rank_250_ftb
Infinity Guru
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby CCRunner524 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:50 pm

Looking at the top 5 downloads right now. @infinity guru Yours is the most downloaded. Looks like yours is the biggest hit! ;) congrats!

rank_2000_ftb_10
CCRunner524
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Infinity Guru » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:02 pm

^ One of the many reasons I love making toyboxes! (And a reason why I love the update they did in 2.0 where you can see likes and downloads, as well as have the toybox search and share features on the website)
8 Featured Toy Boxes. Toy Box Summit 2015 Attendee.

rank_250_ftb
Infinity Guru
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby TyForce » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:04 am

I know I am incredibly late to the party, but I have not had much time to play through some of the more recent challenge winners. But today, I had to leave work early for something, and this gave me some time to do so. And even though I came across a lot of very creative Toy Boxes, I would like to focus this comment on DizExplorer03's Magic Mayhem 2 Toy Box. In the past, I had been working on my installments of Toy Box Tales (they will be releasing in a few weeks), and this Toy Box reminded me a lot of how I built those toy boxes. So, I had an instant connection with the level because of our similar design styles.

I LOVED your several camera scenes. They really bring specific parts of your Toy Box to the attention of the player. Those cut scenes make those parts feel important. The story flowed very well with your dialogue. One of my biggest issues in story telling in the Toy Box is that it is very easy to get too wordy.I'm not a guys that likes to read a ton while playing, and sometimes it is hard to get your message across in the Toy Box while trying to limit your wording. You totally found a sweet spot. That intro video with Yen Sid...you NAILED it! The special effects along with the story telling...so, so good! Oh and Yen Sid looked great!

I enjoyed all the backtracking as well. Because even though you had the player running around in the same castle and Fantasia, it felt different every time you returned to the castle. And the Fantasia from 2 was different from 1. Greta job there. Way to make a familiar location feel fresh!

The boss fight. I am a HUGE boss fight guy. One of the biggest wants I have for Toy Boxes are boss fights. They just don't really exist. There may be some here and there. In an installment of Toy Box Tales, I created a boss fight...which I'm excited for y'all to play when it releases. It's kind of modeled around a MCP boss fight I created for a Tron Toy Box I made in 1.0. But anyway, when I entered "Bald Mountain" and saw Chernabog in the background, I got very excited. It felt very ominous and powerful. You could feel he was a "big deal" in the level. Your approach was a little different from mine, which I thought was cool. The effects you had were great! With the erupting lava blocks firing off throughout. And when the enemies got low, the lava started to die down, so you could attack the boss. So great! The health meter was a very nice touch.

I should probably stop rambling, but I just felt inspired to write this up, because I feel like I really connected with this Toy Box and the work you put into it. Great job DizExplorer03. Any plans to make it a trilogy??? I sure hope so...but no pressure.

And I just want to thank all the Toy Box artists. This community puts so much of there time into making unbelievable content for Disney Infinity. I hope that you know it does not go unrecognized. I love being a part of this community, y'all are great people. I look forward to learning from your creations as well as sharing my own in the Toy Box future! Thank you all so much!

rank_mickey_ftb
TyForce

Postby MightyGitis » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:57 pm

Wow

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby TyForce » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:17 pm

Apparently once it gets late and I have nothing else going on...I get long winded. But I really am impressed with all the levels I have been seeing in the DLC of Disney Infinity. It's cool that this late in life of 2.0 we are still seeing new ideas from so many community members. Once again, thanks for the inspiration everybody!

rank_mickey_ftb
TyForce

Postby DizExplorer03 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:08 pm

@TyForce Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback. I'm really glad that you've enjoyed my toybox. Magic Mayhem 2! was a lot of fun to build and it's really means a lot that my toybox inspired you and I'm definitely looking forward to playing your toybox.
As for a sequel, I've got some ideas for the third installment. I'm really glad that the Magic Mayhem toybox series are really doing well. When the time comes, we'll definitely see Mickey in one final epic adventure.

rank_100_ftb_10
DizExplorer03
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity toy box creations