Puzzle Challenge: 4/23 – 4/29

brainstorm ideas and share your toy box worlds

Re: Puzzle Challenge: 4/23 – 4/29

Postby semerien » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:16 am

Sorry to hear that you've been hitting memory issues @jkhouw1. As to counters, as far as I've noticed the target reached seems to always fire before count changed on the Wii U if that helps at all.

Do you have an Ipad or something, you can try to test it on that as well?

rank_500_ftb_10
semerien
Main Console: PS4
Disney ID:

Postby Vault Of Villains » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:49 pm

Our toy box for this challenge is shaping up quite nicely.

We've decided to go with what we know, and if anyone remembers our Maze Of Hearts and the Maleficent Maze from 1.0 you'll know what to expect. Only this time there is going to multiple mazes that increase with difficulty.

And I have to say this is probably the biggest block art maze we've ever done. But your not going to see what it is until you've completed all the levels.
22 featured toy boxes, latest
VENICE: Saint Mark's Square- famous cities

rank_100_ftb_10
Vault Of Villains
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby 4aic400 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:52 pm

Almost done my entry...it's basically based off of breaking out of jail. It's gonna be called Rockets Breakout, listen as rocket helps you escape prison. Includes electric maze, rail grinds, enemies, and finally cracked the CODE on how to make my own code using colour blocks, it's a 5 block code,that's sure to make you mad. Will give full detail when it's all complete.

rank_100_ftb
4aic400
Main Console: Xbox 360
Disney ID:

Postby jkhouw1 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:28 pm

I give. Suducku by me is not going to get done. probably wasted 40+ hours connecting/reconnecting/deleting/changing logic toys to get it to work but there is not enough time for me to get it working to my satisfaction, much less get the donald duck block art done.

originally it was 6x6 board, with randomizers to set the hints, and logic gate to check for solution. Since more than one solution MAY be possible depending on the hints, the logic accounted for that. But that ran out of memory with the logic gates controlling both the solution check as well as artificially locking the pressure plates. So I fixed that by deleting all the logic gates and replacing them with power switches - which use significantly less graphic memory.

But then, if the plates were too close together, timing issues could cause the artificial locks to fail if you rapidly switched between two plates since to conserve memory, i was using one lock per row or column rather than one for each cell. My only solution to that was to spread the plates by 1 block width, but ultimately that makes it too ugly. And even reducing it to 5x5 has too many connections to re-do.

Also, originally i had the randomizers setting the counters that tracked for success but that too had too many connections as to setup one game required about 36 connections to set the plate colors and corresponding counters. Each randomizer then had about 360 connections to setup 10 different boards per randomizer. But one bad connection was impossible to find again. So after i had freed up memory by switching to power switches, I had enough memory left to use ballot boxes to handle the locks and the board setup (one ballot box required per cell per color - so 36 ballot boxes - each with about 8 connections)

Conservatively i made and deleted over 5000 connections and am sick of it. Deleted the levels so I can't change my mind.

If i had just done one static puzzle it would probably take less than 20 minutes for everything and required no artificial locks or logic checks but I wanted something that every time you played you got a different challenge with a random set of 3 puzzles - easy, medium, and hard (I had 72 puzzles ready to load up, 24 of each).

rank_100_ftb
jkhouw1
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby Romulus77 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:09 pm

Just deleted the whole thing? Wow. I couldn't do that. I will walk away from something that isn't working and maybe come back to it later.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby jkhouw1 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:13 pm

hah - i've walked away and come back every day for 3 weeks. Enough is enough - had to delete it before the game ended up on ebay. I still have my alternate INterior puzzle level - so i have 2 days to try to finalize that.

rank_100_ftb
jkhouw1

Postby Elmo STM » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:36 am

@jkhouw1 sorry to hear your issues, I wouldn't have the patience you have but I'm happy that you've got a level that's doable by deadline

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby digeek1955 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:52 am

That stinks jkhouw. Good luck on your INterior puzzle!
I have a dream. I hope it will come true. -Lava

rank_1250
digeek1955
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby fdanielix » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:04 am

I was too ambitious and now my project will be delayed.
20 Featured
Toy Boxes:

Caleb Dume: Face The Past
Curse Lift-Off

rank_1500_ftb_10
fdanielix
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity toy box creations