Late submissions

brainstorm ideas and share your toy box worlds

Re: Late submissions

Postby goofyspaceranger » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:56 pm

@jkhouw1 - I think externalizing Toy Box versioning is an excellent idea! That would be so much better than Toy Box renaming. It would avoid muddying titles on Toy Box lists because it would ensure a consistent format, and it could even provide notifications to those who previously downloaded a box that a reversioned one is available. There might even be filtered text descriptions of glitches found so that the Toy Box editor becomes its own collaborative environment. That would be another advantage of a non-vetted tier of access, that the Toy Box would not only allow the community to flag inappropriate content in-game, but it might allow us to post bug reports. Consider it an extension of the Text Creator toy ;). At the vetted tier things would become more expensive for the Disney Infinity Team (which is why I posted on the possibility of Automated Toy Box Delta Comparisons). I had not thought however of externalizing versioning, and how it could utilize a non-vetted tier of access to promote collaboration. This would help polish the Toy Boxes leading up to Challenge deadlines.

I believe it would be a tremendous improvement.
Use the Force in Holocron Heuristics to program with more Creativi-Toys!

rank_750
goofyspaceranger
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Late submissions

Postby MightyGitis » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:12 pm

@thebaroness89 I have to say I'm a little sad to see you painting everyone who posted in this thread with that brush. Some people do think like that but not all. I also see people who seem to be like me: they're allowing it equally so use it if you need it.

I don't really like being lumped into some category because a couple of the people here disagree with you.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby thebaroness89 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:16 pm

I don't mean everyone so I apologize if it comes off that way. I mean some thoughts seem to steer more towards winning than helping. You(MG) are probably one of the most helpful people here(if not the most tied with Pirate). You share knowledge that betters people's creations when you can easily just let people fend for themselves. None of my comments point in any way to any of your comments. I agree that the people judging the boxes- it's all on them. They decide.

Which is my point: If the judges select a "fixed" box- it isn't because it was fixed or corrected. I believe they see the design, the intent, the layout and the mechanics of the creation and judge on that.

XShadow246(sorry if I got that name wrong) took #1 in Gravity Falls with a box that didn't work..it worked later when he fixed it but it didn't operate initially.

So I question a thread that questions "fixed" boxes being considered in weekly competition. If its an amazing toy box it's going to feature- fixed camera or no fixed camera. First and foremost I want to play what you have built. Contest aside, putting aside weekly challenges - I want to play the game you the artist have spent countless hours building. If on upload a camera breaks- please fix it. re-upload it! let us enjoy the game. I'm not going to hold it against someone for fixing a camera or a door or a line of text that isn't firing.

And if we all being honest: How many "fixed" versions of boxes have taken a featured spot ? I only remember 2. XShadow's Roller Coaster and CCRunner's Aladdin. So forgive me but I can't see complaining about something that is so rare. Someone help me(in all seriousness) help me to understand exactly the parameters of the complaint because I'm not trying to offend anyone, I'm not offended. I feel like we are all one team against the world. When this community clean sweeps a challenge week that's a win for everyone. I'm half Italian- in my house everything is 'famiglia' :)

So my apologies if I'm reading anyone wrong. I just want to understand where the complaint is pointed: the unstable mechanics, the judges or the toy box artist.

rank_250_ftb_10
thebaroness89
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:42 pm

@baroness I see both points of view and my view isn't about me being competitive as I have only ever entered 3 challenges and I've been around since December 2013.

I think a deadline is a deadline like it is in work etc, however a little leeway should be allowed when the box glitches due to the game being so glitchy at times but there's no way to differenciate between someone who is fixing a glitch and someone who is just posting late.

If Disney fixed the game so that there's no glitches or at least enough patches to fix the game then there'd be none of this. Also as someone else suggested different times for different regions so people can get home from work in various regions and still have the same amount of time as others.

2 sides have valid points, if there was no glitches and correct times then the deadline should be solid but as it stands Disney should use their discretion.

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby CCRunner524 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:53 pm

Yeah i still agree with you thebaroness89. As i stated earlier, if the uploading process didn't sometimes break toyboxes I think it would still be a even playing field. I think the real issue is the upload process that needs to be fixed so people feel less like this. That's the problem. Toyboxes should work on all systems, not from system to system like Sheriff Woody's experience.

There have been more fixes than just us. I believe PirateSteven's cinderella toybox was a fix. The camera became inverted. How is that his fault? Erdadi's Aladdin and capitol defense had fixes. I know I run through mine till I have 3 times of no glitches.

There is a grey area where people try and sneak extra stuff as 'fixes' ... but they don't approve all fixes in time.

rank_2000_ftb_10
CCRunner524
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby thebaroness89 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:10 pm

Yeah I totally agree with leeway for unforeseen unexpected glitches.

I understand if someone was upset if someone posted a box after the deadline and they win because then why even have a deadline ?
I understand if you change the gameplay in any way that wasn't present or intended before...that's iffy.

Maybe I should direct the point I need clarification on to the original topic creator because in reality its the original post that has been the focus of my commentary not really anybody's responses to it....
It has (to my knowledge) only happened twice. Nobody said a word when XShadow246 won the Gravity Falls challenge with a broken box. The 2nd incident is 2 challenges ago with Aladdin and CCRunner's camera issues. So - and now lets just address the 500 lb gorilla in the room...obviously we are talking a RARE occurrence. It has happened twice (correct me if I'm off I haven't checked the top five history) to the best of my memory its happened 2 times. So is the complaint pointed where? the Disney judges ? CCRunner ? The instability of creativi-toys ? Something sparked this thread....what sparked this thread ?
If I eat at the same restaurant for lunch every day and they mess up my order 4 out of 5 days I complain. If I have eaten 20 meals there and they screwed up my order twice well then it is what it is. And again nobody said a word after Gravity Falls....so in my mind the judges have picked 2 fixed boxes twice in 7 months....that seems tolerable no?

edit* I do not know if Soccerella is included. Pirate can answer that but I feel he fixed it before deadline, the original box was available to play 2 days before deadline.

rank_250_ftb_10
thebaroness89
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby CCRunner524 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:13 pm

^ That's true. I may be wrong about his submission.

rank_2000_ftb_10
CCRunner524
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby PirateSteven » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:22 pm

I resubmitted Soccerella, but not sure if that was right before or right after the deadline. I do remember leaving work early to get home to resubmit when there were reports that my camera became inverted. I was never able to recreate the issue on my side, but I resubmitted anyway for the hell of it.

rank_deputy_ftb_10_lenny
PirateSteven
PSN ID:

Postby thebaroness89 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:30 pm

see and I tried to fix the properties of one door in the Stark Industries box and submitted at 3 or 3:01 eastern time 12 pacific and the new one was online later that day and now I am now fingers crossed hoping its the 20th ranked toy box because a small piece of me is going to think someone out there resents me fixing a door and placing in the top five. don't even honorable mention it- just throw that box out. I will start submitting boxes on Mondays and if an issue comes up then I either get a fix in on Tuesday and if not then I will move on to another toy box. that is my current state of mind.

rank_250_ftb_10
thebaroness89
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity toy box creations