What do you want to see from the community toyboxes?

brainstorm ideas and share your toy box worlds

Re: What do you want to see from the community toyboxes?

Postby Mr. Vasuri83 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:09 am

DizExplorer03's "Magic Mayhem" remains one of the most memorable toyboxes in my mind because it utilized so many of the logic toys well. It was such a well-told story and it flowed really well.

I think the ability to create original, high quality content is what makes the community better as a whole.

I think "Summit Fever" can be a good and bad thing. It is driving competition so people are making better boxes, but it's also causing others to focus more on the quantity of boxes than the quality.

I don't mean this in a demeaning way. Since the point of this thread was to offer feedback, it just seems like a good place to mention it.

rank_100_ftb_10
Mr. Vasuri83

Postby Sonicphoto » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:47 am

@mr.vasuri83 I Definitely agree, its ok to have a bit of summit fever, but don't feel the pressure of doing something just to do it. Always keep in mind that is a game and that the more you are enjoying the creation the better it will flow and turn out.

@CCRuner524 Yeah that's the thing I pretty much struggle myself with, what audience should I make my toy box for because there is just so many different kind of taste in the end.

I think in general the quality of toy boxes right now is truly great, everyone continues to step up their game. It also helps that now the last update has fixed console issues. Now I have been able to play the big majority of toy boxes in my xbox 360. In general I just want to see creativity and well put out toy boxes. You can make a simple toy box, and as long as its really creative, it will always get appreciation. Erdadi''s Lion king Toy Box for example, although is definitely not simple, the introduction of the box itself with the movie theater was simply amazing even though you didn't had actual gameplay in that introduction, it was still magical and just impressive. And it just shows you that there isn't really a limit, you just look how to play with the limit.

rank_250_ftb_10
Sonicphoto
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby digeek1955 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:23 am

I agree to how erdadi made a great story with his lion king box! It is the only box ive downloaded besides disneyland.
I have a dream. I hope it will come true. -Lava

rank_1250
digeek1955
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby rogpalmeruk » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:15 am

I think with toy boxes, they can appeal to different audiences, large toy boxes with lots of story telling is great but also small mini games are perfect for a quick play or for kids.

Comparing 2.0 toy boxes to 1.0 is so different, they have so much more to do.

Personally, I like shorter toy boxes, I like 5 to 10 minute adventures (like in the first game)... I don't like reams of text to wade through. things that are fun and unique if possible. I also don't like things that are too hard.... but that's just me. And that's what I like to create, I create toy boxes that I like to play. I think collecting games are one of the best things with infinity, those challenges from the 1.0 playsets were the thing i loved doing..

rank_250_ftb
rogpalmeruk
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby thebaroness89 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:18 pm

I like this thread. I am still feeling out what to do in the toybox. More often than not my ideas are not possible because of memory constraints but recently realized that its because my dream toyboxes involve heavily detailed cities whereas you can really make a long toy box adventure if you use terrain and blocks and stick to forest and castle adventures.
I also realize that instruction and dialogue is very important to the player unfamiliar with the level- I create the level and test it but I know where to go, I know where the enemies are, I know where the keys to the door are and I have to remind myself that instructions and directions are needed for everyone else.

I am personally bored with collecting cakes and orbs...not the levels or the artists but just the limited types of collectibles. So I am trying to find other items to 'collect' and just add trigger areas and counters and dialogue to create the illusion of a new collectible.
So I am reading thru this thread to get ideas on what to concentrate on. Personally I want to see more creative games like GRIDBALL, Super Jump Jamboree, CC's Pumpkin Patch game, MightyGitis Merida Archery challenge- these have been the games I have played over and over (I have to play Pirates Stark box again-love the Pac Man twist).
While I do love an adventure- we can't save progress and when you reload a box the original level starters fire off and etc etc.. Maybe if its a multilevel box and each level is about 20-30 minutes of gameplay and you can do the first level and then just come back later and load level 2 and it isn't dependent on level one. Like 5 Quests,5 levels toy box.

rank_250_ftb_10
thebaroness89
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:32 pm

Personally I like small 5 minute toyboxes but understand others wanting long stories etc.

I also hate toybox doors (think its more the loading time over anything else)

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby JaysUsername » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:35 pm

@baroness89 If you are struggling with memory for your big cities could you not divide it into sections? We've talked before in other threads but ultimately you build the empty city. Then fill half with logic and save as city 1. Then delete all thatogic and put the other half in and save as city 2. Then just add a trigger area at the divide that loads the separate boxes depending on which side you are on...one big city, 2 memory buffers.

Also, I really like your idea, 5 chapters/ 5 toyboxes and can be loaded separately as 'checkpoints'. The trick is educating 'the public' that that is the mechanic. I wonder how many even see the 'load level' option.

rank_100_ftb
JaysUsername
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Infinityfan » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:40 pm

I also agree with rogpalmer, I don't like loads and loads of text the stops me every 2 seconds, just a couple here and there that doesn't get annoying. Just my opinion.

rank_2000_ftb
Infinityfan
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby thebaroness89 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:48 pm

@Jay
Yeah I could do that but I don't know... I just like the big city effect of The Incredibles play set or The Avengers. I would love to build a city and just insert random games and challenges that fire off from time delayers. You explore and walk around and then oops look its a building fire! then you put it out and move on and then whoa its a bank robbery! etc etc... I can do the same in a huge forest setting I suppose...

rank_250_ftb_10
thebaroness89
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity toy box creations