What do you want to see from the community toyboxes?

brainstorm ideas and share your toy box worlds

What do you want to see from the community toyboxes?

Postby CCRunner524 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:12 pm

Lets me start out saying this. This is NOT a wishlist. It's about feedback.

Lately the DIF community has been making some amazing toyboxes. It seems like each week our top artists are pushing the boundaries of the toyboxes limits. Comparing the toyboxes that has been produced in the first few month to now is almost night and day! What I want to know is this ...

What do you want to see more of from the artists?

What do you want to see that you haven't seen yet? (Has to be in the feasible boundaries of the toybox)

Do you prefer short toyboxes with leaderboards or long toyboxes with a story?

What kind of 'missions' are you tired of playing?

I want to see the community grow and continue to be creative. I would love your imput so the game never becomes stale and boring. I hope your feedback inspires all of the toy box artists of this community. :D

rank_2000_ftb_10
CCRunner524
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: What do you want to see from the community toyboxes?

Postby JaysUsername » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:30 pm

Serialized Toyboxes. (Yes, like the mentioned toybox tales). Spend a few weeks making a city/space station/jungle/cave system...just a nice big world. Then bring me back once a month or so for a different adventure.

(Something I've been working on). Imagine a space station/outer space toybox. The first 'episode' is locked to Iron man who has to defend the space station from an attack. The next month, its locked to star lord who has to fly out from the space station to a nearby asteroid field where he will need to collect resources to bring back to the space station. The next month, locked to Thor, where he needs to fly down to a nearby planet and investigate some strange activity...well, you get the idea.

It would allow the artists to create bigger maps which get multiple uses....tough to spend weeks on a toybox to have it done and gone a week later.

It would also open. The door to story lines without worrying about the save problem.

rank_100_ftb
JaysUsername
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Dexter26 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:59 pm

@Jay - I like the idea you mentioned. Your example is exactly what I feel the toy box is capable of doing, plus it would almost be like a playset that any character can play in.
Everyone can relax...Dexter has returned!!
Twitter: @Crone26

rank_250
Dexter26

Postby Elmo STM » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:02 pm

I want to see more character adventures (but that wish has been granted with sheriff Woody's competition) :)

I like seeing how people do unexpected things like erdadis lion king box :D

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Sonicphoto » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:19 pm

Great idea CCRunner524! I sometimes wonder like I want to do this thing, but maybe people are so tired of going through a hoop or collecting this. That's why now what I try to do it's do multiple games in one box so that way there is a bit of everything. Started this concept with my Stark Industries toy box, I made a more platformer mission, a race track, a collect a ton & a combat heavy one. I think as long as there is variety in the level it keeps things fresh.

@Jayusername that would be a great idea! I might think about doing something like that in the future.

As for what I want to see, I just want different concepts. I mean I prefer big toy boxes, but I love competing in leaderboards, race, and collecting as long as its unique like PirateSteven's Stark Box.

One thing I would suggest for those that make story toy boxes, try to distribute the dialogue or narration through the level. Sometimes a toy box gets stuck in a camera view for the story but it gets stuck for a long time. So more distribution as to how I get the story or different camera angles. I don't mind if they are long, but I have people that I have seen play them and get a little desperate, so just making more engaging the cutscene or more dynamic. I know it's not as easy as it sounds, LOL but just a suggestion.

rank_250_ftb_10
Sonicphoto
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Infinityfan » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:37 pm

I like long toy boxes with stories by really good toy box artists. As long as I know what to do and there are clear instructions for where to go, I love long adventure boxes.

rank_2000_ftb
Infinityfan
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Yorkshire22 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:54 pm

@Jaysusername I'm doing something like that with The Last Infinity. Each episode will be in this city which I will add more to each episode :)

rank_100
Yorkshire22
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby CCRunner524 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:44 pm

I am currently work on a playset-type toybox. Judging how it is received will determine if I make its sequel. If there was a way that they would feature the the remaining toyboxs, then it would be more likely I would make more.

@Infinityfan I agree that alot of toyboxes don't have good instruction. Some have too much in my opinion. I often try and find that healthy medium, but its hard.

@Elmo STM I would love to see more character adventures. I don't know if I will compete in the DIF contest due time constraints lately, but I would be interested in making some myself.

@JaysUsername I agree we definitely need a save system. On the other hand, when we were kids, if you lost all your lives in Mario ... you had to start over. I remember playing Megaman on my NES. It was way more difficult to get through and I would play for hours trying to beat all the bosses. Why don't people have the attention span to play through a whole toybox! (ok rant ended lol)

@Sonicphoto Dialogue level is a huge factor now. To much will bore them and not enough doesn't explain anything. Are the players 5-8 age or teenage? So many factors, how can we judge who to gear it toward?

rank_2000_ftb_10
CCRunner524
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby digeek1955 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:50 pm

I really liked the super jump box because they made it a toy box game. I like toy box gmes because of their leaderboards...They keep it challenging. I also liked the Disneyland rides people have mad because of the stories that th rides tell.

^This is why I hope theyll make a california adventure toybox and well all contribute to building the rides. :D
I have a dream. I hope it will come true. -Lava

rank_1250
digeek1955
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity toy box creations