Disney Parks Challenge Part 2 - 4/17-4/23

brainstorm ideas and share your toy box worlds

Re: Disney Parks Challenge Part 2 - 4/17-4/23

Postby PirateSteven » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:41 pm

I used yellow trigger points that I put on the track that the driver would drive through that would activate a check point. The checkpoint that it activates can be on the track or off to the side.

rank_deputy_ftb_10_lenny
PirateSteven
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby markfireflame » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:30 pm

How do I create a story with a toy box?
Do you want to build a snowman?

rank_100
markfireflame
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby itstimechicken » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:08 pm

Okay So I decided to recreate the Buzz Lightyear attraction for this one, and I have one secret idea
Featured Toy Boxes: Extreme Racing, Most Wanted, Mulan's Race

rank_250_ftb
itstimechicken
PSN ID:

Postby tangled&tron » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:13 am

@markfireflame - IMO it is just all about themes... having a strong overall theme for the entire toy box combined with a good description. Then you just build your toy box like a ride... point A to Point B... with each new section having a different theme to tell a different chapter of the story so to speak until you get to the end... just like Al's Quest. IMO that is the only way you can do it with the current toy box.

*ahem*

And woohoo... the layout of my entire map is done... just gotta figure out the gameplay now. I wanna do a hunt this time to induce exploration... but not sure how to handle the combat in regards to resetting and clearing out enemy generators. When you are doing a linear combat map figuring out that stuff is just so much easier.

And I'm really happy with how my map looks... especially the beginning. I always wanted to do a map in which your starting point is having just arrived by ship and then you look up and you see a castle looming off in the distance and then you gotta ride your horse to it just like in Zelda when rode around on Epona. 8-) IMHO the beginning part of my map has that grand adventure feel to it... which only last for like 10 seconds though. :lol:

rank_1000_ftb
tangled&tron

Postby itstimechicken » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:17 am

@Tangled&Tron

Making your own theme park is a bit risky IMO, especially with the level of competition this time around, you think they are going to be closed minded with what they are looking for. Just make sure that "Disney!" part of "Disney Theme Parks" challenge is there.
Featured Toy Boxes: Extreme Racing, Most Wanted, Mulan's Race

rank_250_ftb
itstimechicken
PSN ID:

Postby tangled&tron » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:44 am

^ The level of competition is the only reason I am entering this challenge though. :lol: Otherwise I would just wait for a better theme to come along. Anyway, I am sure they will talk about what exactly they are looking for in the toy box tv episode prior to this Challenge, so I will just decide then if I want to enter it or hold onto my map for another month.

I am going for 4 Challenge wins though... that is my primary motivation... so if I don't end up winning the Disney Princess Challenge then I am not even sure I will have enough motivation left to finish this one. :lol: I mean the level design and building part of it I do because it is just pure fun... but all the logic and the replayers and the enemy generators... I don't like any of that stuff. :lol: That part of it I only do to try and win a Challenge.

rank_1000_ftb
tangled&tron

Postby Modeltrainman » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:00 am

See, logic is fun to me. But that may be because I'm dreaming of the Mickey rank as a programmer.... :idea:
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby tangled&tron » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:14 am

^ Yah, lots of people like the logic part the best... XShadow, Father... Finn-Warrior too I think... you guys all like messing with the logic. For me though... it is like Lego... I loved Lego as a kid... had 3 older bros, so by the time I got all the Lego I had no instructions and everything was mixed up so I would just build whatever I want without thinking about it... and yah, Lego didn't come with any logic to worry about. :lol: So I pretty much build my toy boxes the same way... just totally freestyle and logic free. And then only when Challenge time comes do I even begin to worry about that stuff and just try to jam in some logic wherever I can and just hope it turns out for the best. :lol:

rank_1000_ftb
tangled&tron

Postby Modeltrainman » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:29 am

t&t, I loved LEGO too, but I always tried to build in function. Still do, actually, except now I'm building a functioning Disney story with my LEGO parts. And on paper I'm building feasible Infinity systems. And I'm a self taught programmer. To clear an area, set up a Trigger area, then have it clear upon exiting that. That's the cleanest, leanest method I can think of.
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity toy box creations