Disney Infinity Downtown Disney Demos!

Re: Disney Infinity Downtown Disney Demos!

Postby MonkeyDLenny » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:34 pm

Sunday is still part of the weekend though, so why would they take it down? Don't they want people to buy their game?

rank_250
MonkeyDLenny
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby PirateSteven » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:11 pm

I think that you are misinformed or not looking hard enough. My dad just called me 5 minutes ago and told me that he got a free Dash Figure for his grandson.

rank_deputy_ftb_10_lenny
PirateSteven
PSN ID:

Postby MonkeyDLenny » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:27 pm

What!? The wii u area had no Infinity set up at all! The guy I asked wondered why I even thought it was there

rank_250
MonkeyDLenny
PSN ID:

Postby mdewater » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:27 pm

Yeah, it's definitely there. People are posting pictures on twitter. You sure you're in the right spot? It's not by the Once Upon a Toy store as original stated in this thread, it's instead over on the West Side by the movie theater.

rank_100
mdewater

Postby PirateSteven » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:29 pm

It is not part of the Nintendo event. it is part of Cars Masters Weekend. Go towards the Movie Theater and check out the Cars event.

rank_deputy_ftb_10_lenny
PirateSteven
PSN ID:

Postby Charlee » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:33 pm

A hopefully your still able to go back and find it in the cars event area.

I wonder why it's only dash they are giving away:).
We have the freedom of speech!!!

Lotso
Charlee
PSN ID:

Postby MonkeyDLenny » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:37 pm

Huh... I guess I'll check that out after lunch. Maybe because Dash is fast like a car.

EDIT

Found it!! No wonder I couldn't find it, it's really out of the way. The tent is by the Cars meet n greet. In line to play now

SECOND EDIT

I wasn't able to get the Dash figure unfortunately. However, I'm happy to just have been able to play it! I played Toy Box, and tried out Jack Sparrow and Dash. From the little bit I played, I had a blast just running around doing whatever. I'm also happy to report that one of the weapons is Excalibur from Sword in the Stone! It seems like the Buzz pack is restricted to only horizontal movement, but I think it was restricted for the demo. Still though, from what I experienced, Infinity is shaping up to deliver what it promised!

rank_250
MonkeyDLenny
PSN ID:

Postby mdewater » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:38 pm

Just got back from Downtown Disney - got my free Dash! Lenny, why weren't you able to get one?

So, first impressions- we were only able to play for 5 minutes or so, maybe a little longer, so it certainly wasn't enough time to really explore and try much of anything. I really just had time to figure out the controls and run around for a couple minutes. The one I played was in Toy Box mode, and the toy box they had built was very very small with not much in it. I played as Mr Incredible, Mater, and Mike and used the toilet paper launcher and Cinderellas carriage. By the time I got the hang of anything though it was time to let the next group in, so I really can't make any judgements on anything yet.

On the other hand, it was great to get up close and personal with the figures, which look AMAZING. They seem bigger in person than I was thinking they were, especially Sully. Can't wait to get my hands on the rest of them.

All in all, certainly nothing new or interesting to report, but it was fun to run around in toy box for a couple minutes.

rank_100
mdewater

Postby mightyman335 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:57 pm

It's good to hear you guys got to play it, if only for a little bit. I'm guessing you guys played the Wii U version?

rank_0
mightyman335
Location: Steel City, where the citizens bleed black and gold.
Main Console: Xbox One

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity events