Toys R Us stores nationwide hosting Power Disc Trade event

Re: Toys R Us stores nationwide hosting Power Disc Trade eve

Postby buddyex » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:07 am

Does anyone know of any similar events scheduled for Australia? I'm in Melbourne, and out of four packs and including the power coin that came with the Starter pack I've got 4 x Wreck it Ralph Candy Rush terrain discs and 2 x Bolt discs. I'm not really interested in collecting them all (although it is strangely addictive) just wanting a varied selection of discs

rank_0
buddyex
Main Console: PS4
XBL ID:

Postby Jackpot » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:59 pm

I am definately going to be at our TRU. I don't know how many people will show up as our TRU is generally completely and utterly clueless. But, I have extras to get rid of and I love Halloween anything. I play other games, table top games, and I have developed skills with trading with those that might be less than half may age. I am in Lubbock, Tx. If anyone else on here is a local.
Scarcity + Imagination + Misinformation = What is that?

rank_0
Jackpot
Main Console: PS3

Postby MrIncredible88 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:15 pm

I know a lot of parents are upset with how their kids are getting duplicates BUT if they start saying whats in a package then its going to make it harder to get them. People are going to come in find the rare exclusives and buy them up to either keep for themselves or sell on Ebay. I mean way back when pokemon was popular Imagine if it listed "Exclusive Charazard is in this package"........
MrIncredible88

Postby ImGonnaWreckIt » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:24 pm

I love the disclaimer at the bottom of the ad "event intended for children, ages 6 & up." It'll be 75% adults at this event.
Twitter - gvasenjr

rank_250
ImGonnaWreckIt

Postby Daan » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:28 pm

^ You wish ;p. 5 y/o's aren't on a forum so it looks like kids don't play it but they do.

rank_250
Daan
PSN ID:

Postby megamanfan » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:40 pm

I went to my TRU today and the lady I always talk to (it has been helpful being friendly to her in the past when stuff comes out) said that the disc will be in the trick or treat bag and to bring a kid with me because they will most likely not be given out to the adults. Unfortunately she isn't working that day so she cant make sure I get one :(

rank_0
megamanfan
XBL ID:

Postby Darkfox 818 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:32 pm

You can still buy the disc tho. I heard from my friend who works at TRU that they will be releasing the The New Tru Exclusive disc packs on sept 7 during the event. trick or treat bag or not im still excited :)

rank_0
Darkfox 818
XBL ID:

Postby Soubi » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:43 am

@MrIncredible88: The thing is with these particular ones, EVERY BAG has the same disc in it (one Tron disc, and one misc)
The international bag will say that it is the tron disc inside

We're not talking about the day-to-day regular white packages, we're talking about the Toys R Us exclusives that everyone who has been paying attention now will know that every pack has the same (though, there will be a round of people who missed out on Mike, and will buy without having a clue, and it will make me sad) - the labeling is not to point out so people can go "oh this is rare! lets get a BUNCH!" its so they can go "Oh hey, these are all the same, I only really need 1"

rank_250
Soubi
PSN ID:

Postby neoz » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:46 am

^^^

I'm sure that will happen at my TRU. I know a bunch of people bought a stack full and I told them that they was one Mike per pack. They didn't believe me and I'm sure they are regretting it now.

rank_100
neoz
Main Console: Xbox One

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity events