Toys R Us stores nationwide hosting Power Disc Trade event

Re: Toys R Us stores nationwide hosting Power Disc Trade eve

Postby hoodoo » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:03 pm

Just got back from TRU. I was able to get all the discs we were missing and help a few others with my duplicates. We got coupons, checklist and a Infinity plastic bag. I guess that is the Trick or Treat bag?

A Gamestop manager was there as well since TRU had the exclusive Tron disc. He told me his store has a box behind the counter for people to swap duplicates. So after TRU I went over there and swapped out my remaining duplicates to start a second set for my nephew.
A dad, a husband and a gamer.

rank_250
hoodoo
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby d-co » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:19 pm

This was very productive for my daughters as well. We were able to trade and ended up with every disk released so far except for Dumbo. A nice lady even traded my daughter a Mike W. for a Cinderella coach. Anyone who was at the Virginia Beach TRU today, I have to say thank you again from me and my daughters. We had a great Infinity experience. Also, TRU was selling exclusive packs two per customer and had them behind the counter. Only Tron disks in stock though.
d-co
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby ZeroOctane » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:20 pm

I just got back from an event as well...close to a dozen families showed up. Very happy at he mix of people....young kids, old kids, boys, girls, and some adults that were just as geektastic as me. My son and I were able to complete our collection, and the local store was cool enough to ONLY have the Tron discs available for sale, so people did not mistakenly get a Mike's car on accident. I hope they do another one soon...

rank_0
ZeroOctane
XBL ID:

Postby Zenzha » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:23 pm

So does this mean Mike's Car will be basically impossible to get at this point? I was really hoping they would have the Tron packs AND Mike's Car packs.
Zenzha
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby Ryu Serpentine » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:58 pm

@Zhenza most likely. Atleast until the regualr version mike's car comes out. Even then it will look different so the original's price likely won't go down that much if you specifically want the holo version.

I just got to work from the event, went from 3 doubles to 7, but that is only because I bought more bags, and I managed to get 8 new one's including the tron disc. From trades I got both finding nemo discs, cinderella's carriage, fix it felix, stitch's blaster, mickey's car and abu(my mom was able to trade a ralph texture pack for him when I was buying more packs.
My doubles ended up being Alice Skydome, Rapunzel Texture, Mulan horse Kahn, Bolt, Rapunzel Sky, Carl's cane(the only original double I was unable to trade) and nemo texture(first bag I opened after trading for the disc)
Ryu Serpentine
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby Dim Halo » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:16 pm

rank_0
Dim Halo

Tron disc is extremely rare

Postby ImGonnaWreckIt » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:21 pm

The two toys r us' near me got a grand total of 28 (14 each) tron exclusive packs. I went to the less popular toys r us and was able to get one pack. There were about 5 people there. 2 of which cut in front of my 4 year old daughter. The manager saw this happen and was nice enough to give us the pack for free. I thought I would share the nice story but let everyone know that these discs will be hard to come by. (There was no gift bag, it was just a coupon good for today only they gave away)
Twitter - gvasenjr

rank_250
ImGonnaWreckIt

Postby sigil » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:24 pm

I just came back, no tron disc, sold out and even the event discs sold before the event happen.
no disc for me and 4 traders came and left within the first 1/2 hr. Stayed for first hour and then left.

very disappointed :(
Where ever you go, there you are.

rank_250
sigil
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby worldtourist » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:30 pm

I have heard the same from others, some stores didn't even get any at all. You would think they would prepare better for an advertised event. Happy to hear there are still good people in the world though ImGonnaWreckIt - glad your daughter got a disc :)

rank_0
worldtourist
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity events