New to the Boards? Introduce yourself!

Re: New to the Boards? Introduce yourself!

Postby fdanielix » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:51 pm

Welcome guys! @Spidertalon you guys seem like potential toybox artists! You can identify them on the forums by their distinguished blue vault on their ranks above avatar images.
20 Featured
Toy Boxes:

Caleb Dume: Face The Past
Curse Lift-Off

rank_1500_ftb_10
fdanielix
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby TerribleTrident » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:44 pm

Hello everyone! I am part of the new wave of Disney Infinity fans with all this new Star Wars info on 3.0. I learned about these forums from the Disney Infinity Tv podcast and decided to sign up! This will be my first forum that I am a member of unless you count Reddit as a forum. I joined to talk about all things Disney Infinity and eventually get around to making a post searching for a silver power disc capsule (If you have one to sell please let me know!!).

I have ordered all the 1.0 figures and power discs and I am just waiting for the last few figures to trickle in. I also picked up the ps4 collector's edition cheap off amazon so I have those figures as well. Needless to say the Infinity collector's bug has bit me pretty hard, at least the game is super fun!

rank_0
TerribleTrident
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Sheriff Woody » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:42 pm

welcome to the forums TerribleTrident :)

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Fyrfytr998 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:17 pm

Hello all. Started playing this game once my kids showed an interest in Marvel Heroes. It's a great way to remember how much Marvel and Disney were a part of my own youth.

rank_0
Fyrfytr998
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby Elmo STM » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:30 pm

Welcome fyrfytr998

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby julianhilluk » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:27 pm

Hello there, thanks for having me! I’m Julian Hill.

I’ve been bouncing around on the internet for years so some of you may know me from Twitter (julianhilluk) from YouTube (julianhilluk) from various Podcast appearances (Midlife Gamer, TMPGOTI, Monkey Chunk Show) or from my SingStar Guinness World Record a few years ago - I sung non-stop for 24 hours to raise money for Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital.

I am also a Retro Games writer. I write for a website called RetroCollect, and also post weekly on a blog called BoxedPixels. I dont mean to advertise it to those not interested but if you like 16 bit consoles as much as you do Disney, it might be your thing.

I'm a bit of a Disney fan. I used to work in the Disney Store and even wrote about the films at uni! Now I’m a husband and a Daddy to two girls (1 is 5 the other is nearly 2) I have an excuse to watch the films and buy the toys. I'll admit I'm very late to the Disney Infinity party. I got the figures for my daughter hoping that she would take interst and want to play with me. Witha 5 year old girl, The first figures we got were of course Anna, Elsa and Repunzal. Problem was the game was too complex for her to play (she has DiGeorge Syndrome), so I have started making very simple levels in the Toy Box that she can enjoy - which is an incredibly game play mode. I started to play the Play Sets to unlock content for these, but found myself hooked too! I now play 'Disney Infinity' over all my other games - the fun and carefree happy world of Disney is a more appealing escape than the tournament and toils seen in 'The Last of Us' for example.

I have been gaming for some 28 years, since I was about 6 starting on the NES, through the SNES via the Amiga and onto PlayStation Consoles. I know it’s not something to be proud of (and society will no doubt think I’m some sort of psychopath or lonely obese recluse) but I do love video games. If I had a free day I think I’d would be very happy spending it sat down just playing games with a big elaborate frothy coffee. My Dad maintained that one day I’d grow out of games, but I still play every chance I get. Admittedly with a family and a demanding job this time is somewhat limited, so I find myself actually reading about games, or listening to gaming podcasts, or watching gaming YouTube videos more than I probably play games, but at least the intention to play is there!

I wanted to find a place to talk to fellow 'Disney Infinity' fans and was told about this site by someone on Twitter. I would also love to find people who can help me get the online trophies, and even maybe someone who would be happy to exchange Power Discs with me? As I'm UK based, finding fellow traders on Twitter seems impossible, or maybe I'm looking in the wrong places!

Anyway, I'm not sure if that was too long an introduction, but thanks for allowing me to join your little club!

rank_50
julianhilluk
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby Sheriff Woody » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:37 pm

welcome to the forums julianhilluk :D

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby pjhaan » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:25 pm

Welcome Julian!

There is a whole board on here for trading power discs and a lot of discs are available in the UK.

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby julianhilluk » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:50 pm

Thanks so much for the warm welcome! I hope my singing doesn't put people off chatting to me - I dont tend to burst in song too often!

I have also replied to a few posts on the trades page, but I really have only 2 duplicates so can offer very little. I'm happy to buy, especially as prices on eBay when postage is included seems a lot more than it needs to be.

rank_50
julianhilluk
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Member Introductions