Smash Bros. Topic

walkthroughs, hints, tips and glitches that are not Disney Infinity related

Re: Smash Bros. Topic

Postby Randall Boggs » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:45 pm

Sorry I haven't been been on here, lately!
Did you guys hear that sound files have been found in the 3DS game's ROM files that have the announcer say things like: "8-player Smash", "Smash World", "Yellow Team", "Ticket Selection", "Special Orders", "Master Orders" and "Crazy Orders".
Also, Amazon updated the description of the game.
They added details on STAGE BUILDER, challengers from the hands (presumably SPECIAL ORDERS), and a board game-style mode (most likely Smash World)!!!
The Wii U version is going to be unbelievably epic, with or without Ridley.
SSB Mewtwo Launch Party!
Click the globe icon to join!

rank_1500
Randall Boggs
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby D-infinity13 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:11 am

^The board game thing has been identified as Smash World, as in Japanese it translates to 'Board Smash'. Hoping that Smash World isn't Smash U's big exclusive mode, if it is hopefully it's cool.
-D-infinity13
Proud Xbox 360 DI owner. DISNEY INFINITY FTW!

rank_1500
D-infinity13
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:42 pm

NPD: Super Smash Bros For Nintendo 3DS Sells 705,000 Units In Two Days, Drives 55 Percent Increase In Hardware Sales

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS launched on Oct. 3 in the U.S., and even with only two days of data included in NPD’s September report, the game still managed to finish as the No. 4 best-selling software SKU for the month with more than 705,000 total units sold. Of that total, more than 135,000 units were sold digitally through the Nintendo eShop. The game’s biggest impact however may be on hardware sales. More than 140,000 units of the Nintendo 3DS family of systems were sold in September, an increase of 55 percent over sales in August.

Source: My Nintendo News

Sakurai Explains Why They Released The Nintendo 3DS Version Of Smash Bros First And More

Super Smash Bros director Masahiro Sakurai has explained to Famitsu why he decided to release the Nintendo 3DS version of the game first. He stated that the Wii U version is the bigger of the two and has taken more time and therefore more work. Sakurai also explained why some characters received new Final Smashes and some didn’t. Here’s what he had to say in the article.

What was the reason to make the Nintendo 3DS [version of Smash Bros.] before the Wii U [version]?

Compared to the 3DS [version], the Wii U [version] is larger in scale and also has many modes so the production takes time. It is that simple.

There are fighters that got their Final Smashes changed and fighters that didn’t; what is the reason for this?

It differs depending on the case. Lucario['s final smash changed] because Mega Evolution was introduced in the latest installment [of Pokemon]. Pit because Palutena turned into a fighter. Moves, too, were modified due to balancing and elements of the new game were factored in.

Source: My Nintendo News

A few more Smash Bros. tidbits from Sakurai – Smash Run length, music, tips, daily screenshot

Please tell us why Smash Run is set to 5 minutes.

Isn’t 4 minutes too short and 6 minutes too long? Kid Icarus: Uprising’s aerial fights were about 5 minutes, right? In Smash Run, because song use fits perfectly and feels good, I decided to use two songs tracks as a time length.

The approach for music is incredible. Why go to such lengths?

My games always have a sound test. Game music which creates a scene in a short loop and brings back many things, including the situation when it played, is really likeable, right?

Especially in a project like Smash Bros. where it is possible to bring everything together, that chance must be used to the fullest!! The required coordination for rights is tenfold compared to a normal software so that multiplies the efforts.

How many tips there are in total?

The truth is that is that the total can be updated. It is possible to add them without any notification, as this is a game with content that cannot exactly be “completed.” Though, if you add more tips, then there is translation work to be done, and with every country in mind, this is more difficult than it seems at first.

Updating the website with “pic of the day”, in what way you do the updates?

First I decide what theme to show, photographed at the desk, come up with a manuscript, and then I have to ask someone at Nintendo to update. Since I’m usually very busy, when I get the chance, I finish several posts in advance. Also, because of all the translations, I have to have the posts ready 10 days in advance.

Source: Nintendo Everything
David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Randall Boggs » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:28 am

10 days in advance? So he might be sending in pics about how awesome the Smash Direct was "last night", right now. :shock:
SSB Mewtwo Launch Party!

rank_1500
Randall Boggs
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Randall Boggs » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:19 am

NO… Way! A Super Smash Bros. Direct was announced. It's THIS THURSDAY at 3:00 pm PT/5:00 pm CT.
SSB Mewtwo Launch Party!

rank_1500
Randall Boggs
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby D-infinity13 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:18 pm

^And... Beat to punch. Again. :lol:
Here's the link though:
http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/10-23-2014/
-D-infinity13
Proud Xbox 360 DI owner. DISNEY INFINITY FTW!

rank_1500
D-infinity13
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby Infinite Mickey » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:20 pm

Duck Hunt, Bowser Jr., and maybe a Wii U exclusive Ridley/Chorus Men? And then they explain how to get these characters on your 3ds.
Proud Wii U owner, and thinks that the console is the perfect Next Gen.

rank_1500_ftb
Infinite Mickey
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby SuperMrMojo » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:03 pm

I don't think we'll get Wii U exclusive characters, since that punishes people for only having a 3DS. It's the same reason we likely won't unlock characters by connecting them both, unless of course they offer these characters later as DLC.
Feel free to call me Euan. If you want.

How super am I? Not at all.

rank_250
SuperMrMojo
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby KillingRaptor » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:02 pm

I don't think they'll show new characters. I don't mind that either... I really want to know the modes in the Wii U version of the game! And maybe a bit more about the stages and all. I want to see more about those bosses we were promised, the only one we know of now is the Yellow Devil. And maybe the Dark Emperor from Streetpass Quest, is he actually considered a boss or just a stage hazard?
"Rob? Tsk tsk tsk. That's a naughty word. We never rob. We just sort of borrow a bit from those who can afford it." - Robin Hood

My Videogame Collection

rank_1000
KillingRaptor
Disney ID:
Steam:

PreviousNext

Return to other video games and consoles