Smash Bros. Topic

walkthroughs, hints, tips and glitches that are not Disney Infinity related

Re: Smash Bros. Topic

Postby KillingRaptor » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:43 pm

Ganondorf definitely gave me some advantage. :lol:
Got the sandbag farthest with him, a little bit above 1000 meters.
"Rob? Tsk tsk tsk. That's a naughty word. We never rob. We just sort of borrow a bit from those who can afford it." - Robin Hood

My Videogame Collection

rank_1000
KillingRaptor
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:38 am

Nintendo's Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS National Open Tournament

David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14
Main Console: Wii U

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:36 pm

Sakurai on the Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS names

Over the past few days, we’ve covered most of what Super Smash Bros. director Masahiro Sakurai had to say about the new Wii U and 3DS games in his bi-weekly Famitsu column. One of the few other topics Sakurai discussed was the naming of the two titles.

Sakurai addresses what could be a question some fans have: “Does the word ‘for’ in the title contain the meaning of Smash Bros. 4?” While it doesn’t seem like the naming was intentional, it just so happens that “for” can also be thought of as “4”.

“This time the name of the system was used as a subtitle in order to avoid confusion among consumers,” Sakurai commented. “However, for both systems ‘Smash Bros. for’ is included in the title, so isn’t that nice?”

Source: Nintendo Everything

October 13, 2014 Update: Pic of the day. Here's Bass, a trophy for the Wii U version!! When I first saw this, I was really surprised by the quality of this trophy and Treble's presence. Even though this will only appear as a trophy, this was made from the ground up. Designers really are amazing. - Masahiro Sakurai, Director of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U

October 13, 2014 Update (2nd pic): Zero's here too!! There are also trophies of Roll and Proto Man. - Masahiro Sakurai, Director of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby D-infinity13 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:52 am

^Those trophies look AWESOME! Nintendo treating Megaman better than Capcom as usual. :lol:
-D-infinity13
Proud Xbox 360 DI owner. DISNEY INFINITY FTW!

rank_1500
D-infinity13
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:44 am

October 14, 2014 Update: Pic of the day. Now here's a challenge… Find Stalfos!! (Difficulty Level 3) This is a close-up of a specific area in the Trophy Hoard, but the search will be more challenging if you zoom out. You can change the alignment of these trophies by holding down a direction on the +Control Pad while you're entering Trophy Hoard. - Masahiro Sakurai, Director of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:57 pm

October 15, 2014 Update: Pic of the day. Now, what mode is this…?! - Masahiro Sakurai, Director of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U

amiibo

Spoiler: show

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:04 pm

October 16, 2014 Update: Pic of the day. Tips will display in three columns in the Wii U version. There's more content, which includes descriptions of the original games. This game seems to never run out of easter eggs, even if you play it normally. Knowing that this will get translated into multiple languages, I shouldn't go overboard with the contents, though.... - Masahiro Sakurai, Director of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U

Super Smash Bros. Isn't Finished Being Made

With Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS out, creator Masahiro Sakurai's job is only half done. When one fan asked him how it felt to be done with the development on Super Smash Bros., he replied, "I'm not done yet..."

"Game development is very hard." Sakurai went on in his column in Weekly Famitsu. "You cannot get through it without sacrificing everything, including your own private life, and you often get hurt. However, I'm grateful that so many people have been involved, for the games that are completed, and all the people who play the games."

Moving on from the topic of the 3DS version of the game to the upcoming Wii U version, Sakurai addressed questions on the topic. On the subject of compatibility between the 3DS and Wii U versions of the game, Sakurai noted, "If you have the 3DS version of Smash Bros. you will be able to use your 3DS as a controller for the Wii U version."

Sakurai also added that players would be able to share customized fighters and Mii fighters between the 3DS and Wii U versions of the game.

As for differences between the versions of the game, Sakura stated that an announcement – possibly a Nintendo Direct – highlighting the exclusive features of the Wii U version that will show the "true potential of Smash Bros." was currently in the works and will be released soon.

The official Japanese Smash Bros. Twitter did release an image for the Wii U version yesterday showing what appears to be an exclusive single-player game mode.

The images shows 2 features, a "Master Side" and a "Crazy Side," but the title of the actual game mode is blurred out. Details on this new mode have not yet been released. The tweet caption says, "[Picture of the Day] What is this mode...!?"

Source: Kotaku

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:50 pm

Nintendo 3DS - Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS National Open Tournament Highlights

October 17, 2014 Update: Pic of the day. Zael from The Last Story grabs some Superspicy Curry from Master Hand. "No…! You mustn't let that curry lure you in…!!" In the Wii U version, you can take photos of dream collaborations and funny situations with your trophies in the Photo Studio. - Masahiro Sakurai, Director of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby KillingRaptor » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:02 am

Great to see a trophy from The Last Story! They even have the Fatal Frame girls in the background, I read somewhere that Nintendo now co-owns this franchise. Didn't know it was them at first because I never played those games but I've seen on other places that it was from Fatal Frame.
"Rob? Tsk tsk tsk. That's a naughty word. We never rob. We just sort of borrow a bit from those who can afford it." - Robin Hood

My Videogame Collection

rank_1000
KillingRaptor
Disney ID:
Steam:

PreviousNext

Return to other video games and consoles