Lego Dimensions

walkthroughs, hints, tips and glitches that are not Disney Infinity related

Re: Lego Dimensions

Postby Sherrif Ben » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:11 pm

Do you know what really expensive is?
To have DI 3.0 Saga Bundle and Lego Dimensions starterpack.
Like what i have done.
Hi Ho Silver Away

rank_750
Sherrif Ben
Main Console: PS4

Postby DaddyGeek » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:45 am

@Sherrif Ben :lol: Same here! This time however I don't plan on getting any additional figures for DI. I figure the extra playset and figures will be enough at first. However I can't say the same for Dimensions as I plan on getting the Scooby, Ghostbusters and Back to the Future sets all on day one. Ouch! $$$$$$

rank_100_ftb
DaddyGeek
PSN ID:

Postby da-nothing » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:15 am

Perfect explanation, DaddyGeek, however people still come here to complain about the game and IDEK why, if you don't like it why continue to check the topic and after an update or someone saying something positive, bash it?

Anyway.. I was planning on skipping DI 3.0 altogether cause I'm loving everything in Lego Dimensions but Chima and Ninjago, but now that the ultimate unlock is revealed to be the Keyblade... I want both... I'll seriously have to stop buying other games to buy a decent amount of both.

At least my sis fell in love with the Doctor Who part and she's buying the Starter Set (and when it comes out, the Doctor Who level pack), but I'm still planning on getting BttF, Portal and Scooby at launch.

rank_100
da-nothing
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby CrissythePoet » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:23 am

I really like how they spread out the release of levels and characters. You'll need a character from a brand to unlock that brand's Adventure World. Seeing as how each character for each franchise doesn't release at launch, you'll be able to experience some of the game at a later time. This will make the game feel fresher and acts as an incentive to return and play some more.

rank_50
CrissythePoet
NN ID:

Postby DaddyGeek » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:10 pm

@da-nothing Doh, I forgot about Portal. Must...resist...Glados "We have cake."....Noooooooo!

@CrissythePoet I'm just as impressed with the amount of franchises and characters available. Total fan service.

rank_100_ftb
DaddyGeek
PSN ID:

Postby Stitch » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:54 pm

Well I have chosen to continue to collect every character in Disney Infinity, so my wallet is already tight.
I don't think I will even pick this game up on sale to be honest.

rank_1500
Stitch

Postby CrissythePoet » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:02 am

I want more characters from Dimensions than I do from Infinity, but that Keyblade is tempting. So many games and so little money.

rank_50
CrissythePoet
NN ID:

Postby CrissythePoet » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:58 am

I'm guessing the main use for these characters is in the Adventure Worlds? The Story Mode isn't going to take long at all to beat, but there will still be more characters that have not released yet. I guess you're supposed to play them in the Adventure Worlds. Otherwise, I wouldn't see any real need to buy anymore figures, except to aimlessly repeat campaign levels.

rank_50
CrissythePoet
NN ID:

Postby Apache11 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:22 am

With each wave comes a new figure from a different brand. Wave 1 has DC,The Lego Movie,Lord of the Rings(which you get in starter pack) Back to the Future,The Simpsons,Portal,Jurrasic World,Scooby Doo,Ninjago,Wizard of Oz, and Legends of Chima. Wave 2 has Doctor Who. Wave 3 has Ghostbusters. Wave 4 has Midway Arcade. You only need 1 mini figure from a brand to unlock an adventure world and it doesn't matter if it comes from a fun pack,team pack, or level pack. Plus certain areas in an adventure world need a character from a different brand. Like in the Wizard of Oz adventure world you need a ghostbuster to get a gold brick. You don't have to get every mini figure, but they each bring something different to the game.

rank_0
Apache11

PreviousNext

Return to other video games and consoles