Lego Dimensions

walkthroughs, hints, tips and glitches that are not Disney Infinity related

Re: Lego Dimensions

Postby Steamboat Silly » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:34 pm

I read a review that said the level packs only add an hour of play. Can someone confirm if this is true? I was hoping for about 4 hours like DI.

The display/setup for Dimensions is dominating the Toys 2 Life sections at the stores I shop at. The packaging and positioning really jump out at me.
Support Brain Cancer Research
#Greymatters

rank_250
Steamboat Silly
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby CJ1045 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:20 pm

The level packs are indeed only about an hour for the story element. However, the key is that they also open up that world to explore - these are pretty big and loads to do. My daughter and I messed around the in the Scooby Doo world for about an hour and we barely touched the surface. Scooby Doo does not have a level pack just the Team Pack which opens up the Scooby Doo world to play in. In many ways the Worlds are like the Toy Box hub without the tutorial bits - loads of different challenges to do or simply mess about.

So the starter set gives you a 14 world story with each world taking about 1 hour. The Lords of the Rings, DC Comics and Lego Movie world are opened up after doing the first story level.
The Level packs give you a different story in their single world taking about 1 hour - about the same time as the story level in that world but very different story
The Team packs have no story element but open up their world and have two characters and two objects
The Fun packs have one character and one object that open up their world

As you can see from the above that Level packs and Team packs are very similar apart from a 1 hour story element - they are about the same price though
The Fun packs are half the price of the other two but they have half the Lego - i.e. only one character rather than two and only one object rather than two

One particularly nice element of Lego Dimensions I am finding on the PS4 is how good everything looks. It is also very cool how different worlds are drawn differently - Scooby Doo and the Simpsons in particular look just like the cartoons - very clever.

I suspect Lego has been allowed to have every character in every world are they are clearly the Lego version so you are clearly playing with Lego whereas the DI characters are designed to look as close to the original as possible. Those involved in IP generally seem to play it this way.

CJ

rank_100
CJ1045
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Steamboat Silly » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:46 pm

Thanks. We are definitely getting the Dr. Who pack when it comes out
Support Brain Cancer Research
#Greymatters

rank_250
Steamboat Silly
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BLD » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:07 pm

I own this and I can't say this is as much fun as I thought it was going to be. It IS however a blatant money pit and that I do not like. I need a guide as to what characters maximize entry into the most the most world cause you are looking at second mortgage with this title.

rank_0
BLD
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Steam:

Postby Tilarta » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:15 pm

That's my one concern so far, how much everything related to this game costs.
I considered getting the Dr Who, Portal and Midway Gamer packs, but the total cost is $150 for them.
So far, I'm not sure I want to spend that much extra on this game.

Given the expense involved, I have to really want the characters involved in the packs.
By that, I mean they have to be one of my favorites from whatever franchise they belong to.
And I have to really like the franchise as well.

rank_250
Tilarta
PSN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby Maserati777 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:30 am

This game looks cool from what I've seen on youtube, but it's just too expensive to buy. Definitely a watch on youtube kind of game. Also the moving of the characters on the base to color mix and match duing the game looks difficult and unappealing.

Not a huge fan of the characters chosen for the starter pack either. It would have been cool if you could use any character in place of Batman, Wildstyle and Gandolf.

rank_250
Maserati777
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby Sherrif Ben » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:44 am

I have a question.
What do i have to do before i can have my vehicles and weapons upgraded to the next lvl?
You know for example: What do i have to do before i can upgrade the Companion Cube into the Laser Deflector.
Do i have to play the lvl game again?
Hi Ho Silver Away

rank_750
Sherrif Ben

Postby Tilarta » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:01 pm

From memory, you just have to collect enough Lego studs to pay for 10 upgrades of the default version (level 1), then you can change it to the level 2 version (you require gold bricks for this).
Repeat again to get level 3.

I don't think you have to play a specific level, but replaying is involved, since you need to collect Lego studs to pay for the upgrades.

My number one rule of Stud Collecting, break everything that isn't nailed down, break everything that is nailed down and explore everywhere.

rank_250
Tilarta
PSN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby Sherrif Ben » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:28 pm

Thanks. i just figured it out by accident, when i bought a upgrade for a vehicle.
But still thanks.
Hi Ho Silver Away

rank_750
Sherrif Ben

PreviousNext

Return to other video games and consoles