Smash Bros. Topic

walkthroughs, hints, tips and glitches that are not Disney Infinity related

Re: Smash Bros. Topic

Postby D-infinity13 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:54 pm

^Oh, ok. I wonder if he'll have cake for his birthday with the smash emblem on it... :lol:
Also with a drink of Chrom and Takamaru fan's tears. :cry: :lol:
-D-infinity13
Proud Xbox 360 DI owner. DISNEY INFINITY FTW!

rank_1500
D-infinity13
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:18 pm

^Probably. Who knows. ^^

Ha ha ha, yeah right :lol:

August 1, 2014 Update: What's up with this bomb? This looks like the stadium for the Home-run Contest, but there's no bat. Once you touch the bomb, it begins to count down. Give it enough damage and launch it at the right time…then once the bomb's countdown hits zero…!! - Masahiro Sakurai, Director of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U

August 1, 2014 Update (2nd pic): ...It goes BOOOOOM! Not only will the blast destroy targets, but it'll also cause a chain reaction by using shattered walls and bomb blocks--all of which contributes to you getting a high score!! This is a new activity that combines the concepts of Target Smash and the Home-run Contest--it's called Target Blast! Your final score is the total you rack up over two rounds. Of course, your Target Blast scores contribute to your Global Smash Power, too. - Masahiro Sakurai, Director of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U

David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14
Main Console: Wii U

Postby D-infinity13 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:18 pm

^As everyone else is calling this new mode, Angry Smash! :lol:
-D-infinity13

rank_1500
D-infinity13
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby IronFist00 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:08 am

I hope we get a new character at the inevitable August direct, as the game is pretty near (September 9th in Japan).

rank_0
IronFist00
NN ID:

Postby D-infinity13 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:28 am

^September 13th.
Also, happy B-day Sakurai :D ! You may have had to work, but at least you got some cake:
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/08/03/ma ... -his-cake/
-D-infinity13

rank_1500
D-infinity13
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:36 am

Happy Birthday to the creator of Kirby and Super Smash Bros. series, Masahiro Sakurai! :mrgreen:

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby D-infinity13 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:49 pm

^Happy late B-day, Sakurai :D ! Look at his cake:
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/08/03/ma ... -his-cake/
-D-infinity13

rank_1500
D-infinity13
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:08 pm

August 4, 2014 Update: Pic of the day. In this Smash Bros. installment, this little guy is also making an appearance! I…don't know his name, but he's the Prince of the Sablé Kingdom. He's from the Game Boy game Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru (translated as The Frog For Whom the Bell Tolls), which was only released in Japan. - Masahiro Sakurai, Director of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U

August 4, 2014 Update (2nd pic): Here's the trophy of the Sablé Prince. He transforms into a snake or a frog, and unloads multiple attacks on any opponent he catches. Keep attacking your foes when they're trapped in his dust cloud. - Masahiro Sakurai, Director of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U

Masahiro Sakurai on Pac-Man’s inclusion in the new Smash Bros.

NeoGAF’s “Masked Man” has translated one of Masahiro Sakurai’s older Famitsu columns in which he discusses Pac-Man’s inclusion in the new Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS. He talks about how Miyamoto originally approached him with the idea when developing Brawl, Pac-Man’s reveal at E3, the character’s design, and much more.

You’ll find the full translation below:

Back when I was developing Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Shigeru Miyamoto asked me, “What do you think about Pac-Man as a guest character?” “There’s no way!”, I thought to myself as I envisioned that mascot oh-so reminiscent of a pizza missing a slice. I didn’t say it out loud, of course.

But here we are, eight years later, and everything is complete. You never know what’s going to happen in this crazy world. Actually, perhaps I’d just better say nothing at all–yes, that’s a good idea.

In any case, at the E3 2014 roundtable, I announced Pac-Man’s inclusion as a playable character in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U. The event itself was restricted to the media and held in a rather small venue, but as soon as I revealed Pac-Man, the room was immediately filled with deafening cheers and applause.

I decided to use the old-school Pac-Man design you often see in illustrations–a sphere with arms and legs stuck on–and not the more recent white-eyed look. Of course, Pac-Man also reverts to his familiar spherical shape for certain attacks.

Pac-Man utilizes a number of elements from the games he’s appeared in, like the fire hydrant from “Pac-Land” and the ghosts and bonus fruit from the original “Pac-Man”. You can charge his Bonus Fruit attack to cycle through projectiles that all possess different trajectories and other unique characteristics.

I’ve also included a Pac-Maze stage in the 3DS version of the game. If you collect 100 dots, a player-exclusive Power Pellet appears that powers up your character when consumed. The key thing to note is that the ghosts turn frightened when you eat the Power Pellet, but they don’t change on the opponents’ screens. This is just one of the many designs I’ve implemented that is only possible on the 3DS where each player has his or her own screen.

But I suppose Pac-Man’s already had enough of an introduction. I’d like to talk more about the intention behind my game design.

Since I am creating the new Smash Bros. in cooperation with Bandai-Namco Games, it makes sense to include one of their characters, and Pac-Man is perhaps Namco’s most iconic character, so Pac-Man should join the fray. It’s a pretty logical train of thought for anyone who has been playing games for many years.

However, simply thinking about including a character in the game and the act actually crafting the character and making them work are two entirely different things. It’s quite difficult for me because most players only think about whether a character is in the game and fail to consider the difficulties of bringing that character to life.

How should I bring out the character’s personality? How should I make them move? Can I devise a consistent, comprehensive style for them? What techniques can I come up with to help them stand out from the other fighters? Moreover, do those techniques fit the character and their original game? And, above all, can I make the character fun to play?

If I just slap together a moveset, that character wouldn’t be very enjoyable. Conversely, on a big project like this one, there isn’t a lot of time allotted for trial and error when creating characters.

I decided on nearly all the types of newcomers I wanted to include at the time of the game’s conception. Pac-Man was of course also present in the game’s incipient stages.

During the initial design process, I thought long and hard about a number of things, but the most important thing was that I developed an idea of Smash in my mind and made sure not to stray too far from that concept.

Should complications arise during development, I take the ideas I came up with during the initial planning stages, compare them with what is feasible at present, and endeavor to come up with the best possible solution. This doesn’t mean taking the middle road with a simple compromise; I come up with a design that fits the current situation while doing my best to preserve the original concept I had in mind. I’ve found that this is an effective means of problem solving for me–and one that might also be applicable for many other kinds of professions.

Source: Nintendo Everything

Full rundown of Little Mac and Rosalina’s moves in the new Smash Bros.

The latest issue of Famitsu has a full overview of Little Mac and Rosalina’s moves in the new Smash Bros. titles for Wii U/3DS. You can find a complete translation below.

Little Mac:
◾Neutral Special: Straight Lunge – charge to build power and release to dash forward while attacking, protected with super armor while charging and when performing the attack
◾Custom Neutral 1: Firespin Lunge – envelops opponent in flames while lunging forward, charges quickly but is relatively weak
◾Custom Neutral 2: Shock Lunge – fully-charged punch will stun opponents, travels great distance but Mac will flinch if hit while attacking
◾Neutral Special FInisher: KO Uppercut – build KO gauge by attacking opponents and taking damage, able to unleash attack when gauge is full
◾Side Special: Jolt Haymaker – hops forward and slams his fist down on the opponent, can leap over some projectiles
◾Down Special: Slip Counter – unleashes a counterattack if struck right after performing the move
◾Up Special: Rising Uppercut – travels upward while striking the opponent, can also be used as a means of recovery or moving about the stage
◾Final Smash: Giga Mac – Mac grows large and receives a considerable power boost

And here’s Rosalina & Luma:
◾Neutral Special: Luma Shot – fires Luma forward in front of her, charge to increase power and distance traveled
◾Side Special: Star Bits – Luma shoots out three star bits directly in front of him/herself, low-power short-range projectile, recommended to try hitting the opponent with all three to maximize potential damage
◾Down Special: Gravitational Pull – draws items and projectiles toward her, makes it easy to hoard items, projectiles will hit opponents
◾Custom Down 1: Catch & Release – draws opponents close then blows them away, unable to pull in items
◾Custom Down 2: Guardian Luma – Luma grows large for a moment to defend Rosalina, Luma is normally small and easily launched
◾Up Special: Launch Star – flings herself diagonally upward, does no damage but is helpful when recovering
◾Final Smash: Power Star – releases a star above her head that grows large and begins firing shooting stars in all directions, Rosalina is still able to move around and attack for the duration of the move

Source: Nintendo Everything

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby SketchFox7 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:08 pm

So CoroCoro officially comes out 8/12 and Gamescom is 8/13-8/17 so next week we could see some news. But CoroCoro always leaks 4 or 5 days early so I'm expecting something by this weekend, hopefully there'll be something new even if it's miniscule instead of just a rehash of everything we already know about (I know new characters/stages aren't happening, just hoping for SOMETHING new).
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." -Walt Disney

rank_500
SketchFox7

PreviousNext

Return to other video games and consoles