Lego Dimensions

walkthroughs, hints, tips and glitches that are not Disney Infinity related

Re: Lego Dimensions

Postby Tilarta » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:13 am

I am a bit hesitant about the incorporation of Disney franchises into this game.
Mostly because I find Lego representations of existing characters a bit jarring to look at.

The Disney Infinity figures may be cartoony, but at least I can look at them and say, I know who that is.
When I attempt the same thing with standard Lego figures, I struggle to identify them.

The minidolls on the other hand, I find those more interesting/more visually distinctive.
But I am uncertain if they'll be able to use those in Lego Dimensions.

It would be unusual if they didn't though, since the Disney Princess minidolls already exist, all you'd have is attach them to a RFID base and make the ingame coding/assets.
If they didn't use the existing minidoll designs, that would mean they'd have to make all new standard minifigure designs to include them in this game.

rank_250
Tilarta
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby Romulus77 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:05 pm

They've already started making Disney LEGO minifigs in the toy line. I don't see them changing up for Dimensions.

My issue with Disney inclusion is depth. Many IPs only get 1-3 characters without even a level. So I don't see them devoting a lot of lineup space to Disney so the inclusion will not feel very "worth" it.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby rogpalmeruk » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:19 pm

I think playsets to story packs don't offer the same value, but it's probably closer. Level packs and adventure worlds aren't a touch on a playset but I think had Disney done this for toy box only characters, it would have really helped ... So those little fun packs are better than a toy box only figure in my opinion

rank_250_ftb
rogpalmeruk
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby ImGonnaWreckIt » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:02 pm

I think as this goes along its going to be be a touchy subject for a lot of us. This Infinity community was and still is very tight. When I first got into Infinity it was all about collecting and the game. Then shortly after I got into the community. In all honesty, that was the best part. If another kid on the block gets Disney, it should still be an interesting journey.

With the low cost to manufacture Lego's, and the amount of rights they have to so many IP's, I predict Lego Dimensions will out last all other toys to life platforms.
Twitter - gvasenjr

rank_250
ImGonnaWreckIt

Postby Sherrif Ben » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:19 pm

Hi Ho Silver Away

rank_750
Sherrif Ben

Postby Sherrif Ben » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:59 pm

For the Lego Dimensions fans in the Netherlands, you can get a free Green Arrow by buying the starter pack by the company Bart Smit.
But you can buy him without buying the starter pack for just €9,99
Hi Ho Silver Away

rank_750
Sherrif Ben

Postby npgcole » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:42 pm

I bought my last Disney Infinity figure last week ( :cry: ), so I guess I have more money to spend for LEGO Dimensions now. On Sunday, I bought the Doctor Who, Ghostbusters, and Midway Arcade Level Packs, the Jurassic World Team Pack, and the Unikitty and Wicked Witch Fun Packs. Before this, I had the Back to the Future Level Pack, the Scooby-Doo Team Pack, and the Doc Brown, Jay, and Slimer Fun Packs. The collection's growing!
"I am one with The Force, The Force is with me."

rank_250
npgcole
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby ImGonnaWreckIt » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:01 pm

I was able to pick up the entire collections little by little over the past couple months. Tomorrow is my b-day and I will be sharing it with the kids opening up the entire collection. Should be a fun day.
Twitter - gvasenjr

rank_250
ImGonnaWreckIt

Postby Sherrif Ben » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:22 pm

Here some new gamefootage of the Lego Dimensions Year 2
I hope you all enjoy it

Hi Ho Silver Away

rank_750
Sherrif Ben