Let's raise our voice! More abilities for 1.0 Characters!

Re: Let's raise our voice! More abilities for 1.0 Characters

Postby Stitch » Sun May 10, 2015 2:51 am

@MightyGitis

In the aspect of backwards compatibility, I agree completely. I was not really even excited for it when they first announced it. I thought it was a cool feature but considering I knew I would upgrade each time anyways, I didn't really care.
The backwards compatibility wouldn't make sense because it would limit the future more developed characters. The engine for 1.0 was not meant for character flight (without vehicles) or skill trees.

rank_1500
Stitch
Main Console: PS4

Postby Infinite Mickey » Sun May 10, 2015 3:06 am

I'd also agree that backward compatibility wouldn't make sense but no offense to anyone that wanted it.
Proud Wii U owner, and thinks that the console is the perfect Next Gen.

rank_1500_ftb
Infinite Mickey
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby InfinityApprentice » Sun May 10, 2015 3:13 am

@BandAid For The Incredibles cast, I wonder if we'll get all new figures for the next movie. Presuming the Pixar does the same with The Incredibles as it did with Toy Story (moving the humans' ages up similar to the time that had passed between movie release dates) that means that all The Incredibles characters, most noticeably Violet, Dash, and Jack-Jack, would be older. Of course, Pixar could keep them all the same age, or even do a prequel. Soooo many options! Either way, Frozone would be a great addition to the game. I'd love to frost bad guys and slide around on that ice sled (does anyone know what that was called?)!

We wouldn't need new figures for the next Toy Story or Cars movie, except for any new characters that might be introduced.
"Some imagination, huh?" Mickey Mouse, Fantasmic

rank_750
InfinityApprentice
Main Console: PS3

Postby Muffin Man » Sun May 10, 2015 3:19 am

I think the backward compatibility feature was offered more to help persuade people who were afraid to jump on the Disney Infinity bandwagon entirely. Basically they were telling people "even if you never buy another version of Disney Infinity, you'll still be able to buy new figures for the version you have". That in turn may have made some people more willing to buy Disney Infinity.

Honestly, I agree that backward compatibility is a bad idea for all the reasons everyone's mentioned, which is why I think it never should have been offered in the first place. But that being said, backward compatibility was offered and that means Disney Infinity sorta went back on what it promised. I think Sheriff Woody's main point was that Disney Infinity should at least live up to what it promised in terms of forward compatibility.

rank_50
Muffin Man

Postby braiko » Sun May 10, 2015 3:31 am

Backwards compatibility is not the issue and is rather unnecessary as mightygitis stated.

More so is that Disney Infinity is a "platform" as they keep reminding us. If there's elements of the platform that need fixing, such as car racing, combat then they've had a good track record of working on them. Currently one of the issues is that the roster of characters have a discrepancy in terms of functionality. I don't see it as unreasonable to suggest that might be one of the next things to fix. Many games receive patches that don't directly result in sales but improve the quality of experience.

And they have said that old items such as the Carl's cane will benefit from the new combat system. No reason they can't incorporate that into character base move sets as well.
YNWA

rank_250
braiko
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:

Postby Violent_Virtuoso » Sun May 10, 2015 3:36 am

I signed this petition and shared it on Facebook and Twitter. I'm going to personally get as many people as I can to sign this because this needs to be done. The cost of each figure really add up and for 29 of them to be practically obsolete now is flat-out unacceptable. I support Disney Infinity 100% and have every figure to this point and will try to get every figure in the next game as well but I don't want any of my figures to be treated as they are now, unused because they are really weak compared to my 2.0 figures.

Buzz needs flight and his laser, Woody needs his lasso, Syndrome needs flight, Wreck-It Ralph needs to wall-crawl and every single one of them need a special move like all of the 2.0 figures do.

Hopefully, with enough signatures, they'll finally update all of the 1.0 figures.

Thanks for posting this Sheriff Woody!

rank_0
Violent_Virtuoso
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Infinite Mickey » Sun May 10, 2015 3:43 am

^It was me that posted, it, but thanks!

Also, take it easy on the social media please. I appreciate it, but please don;t let it get outta hand!

Also, pm me your twitter please?
Proud Wii U owner, and thinks that the console is the perfect Next Gen.

rank_1500_ftb
Infinite Mickey
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby Violent_Virtuoso » Sun May 10, 2015 4:05 am

@Infinite Mickey

Oh yeah, not being hateful at all here, just determined; sorry if I didn't communicate that properly.

Like I said, I support Disney and Disney Infinity 100% and I'm not going to harass anyone, just feel like I should share the petition and see if anyone will sign, haha.

Also, sorry for not realizing it was you who started it; thanks for starting it, man! :)

rank_0
Violent_Virtuoso
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Stitch » Sun May 10, 2015 4:17 am

I don't see an issue with sharing it on social media. Isn't that what we want? More supporters?
Now, I get not wanting people harassing the team, but more people signing it surely isn't bad otherwise you wouldn't have made it, correct?

rank_1500
Stitch

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements, Rules and Information