Let's raise our voice! More abilities for 1.0 Characters!

Re: Let's raise our voice! More abilities for 1.0 Characters

Postby The Scientist » Mon May 25, 2015 3:38 pm

They did say for us to give them ideas, perhaps a topic where we brainstorm various ideas for each character. And then list all of them for each character. We would send them a link to the topic.
On an Orbital Fortress in between the earth and the moon.

rank_50
The Scientist

Postby Elmo STM » Mon May 25, 2015 4:17 pm

@thescientist there's only a hand full of figures that need upgrades IMO. The pirates (so they don't play the same as each other) same with toy story and cars. Jack is the only other I think needs an upgrade, the rest are fine

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby FlameChampion267 » Mon May 25, 2015 5:31 pm

There have been several topics discussing upgrades to legacy characters, but I like the idea of compiling them into a definitive list by character.

To bad we don't have a sub forum that has a topic for each character, where people can discuss abilities (Old and New), favourite uses, favourite lines, favourite discs to pair with figure, figure pose and custom versions...

rank_100_ftb
FlameChampion267
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Sheriff Woody » Mon May 25, 2015 5:51 pm

let's just keep this topic as the upgrade related topic ... so any suggestions please keep them in here

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby InfinityApprentice » Mon May 25, 2015 7:12 pm

I love my characters they way they are, but a couple of suggestions would be:

SORCERER's APPRENTICE MICKEY
- I think it would be neat if Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey could use his magic sparkles to hover, like he did in "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" short (same hovering as the Loki figure).

BUZZ LIGHTYEAR
- Buzz can already fly with the jet pack (horizontal) and boost back (vertical) but it would be nice if there was a zoom pack or something that would allow him (or any other character, I suppose) to fly like 2.0 characters.
- I've heard a lot of people mention the laser, so Buzz's laser could be a special move where he turns in a circle and zaps enemies around him.

ELSA
- Frozen Fractal: a special move that would spread a snowflake across the ground and free all enemies that are standing within its shape.

JACK SKELLINGTON
- A special move that calls Zero to zoom around and help defeat enemies (like Maleficent's Diaval Dive special move).
"Some imagination, huh?" Mickey Mouse, Fantasmic

rank_750
InfinityApprentice
Main Console: PS3

Postby Muffin Man » Tue May 26, 2015 4:23 am

Here's my ideas for Buzz and Woody that I posted in another topic:

Buzz Lightyear-

Melee attack: Buzz Lightyear's jetpack (works as it does currently, but is equipped by default)

Ranged attack: Laser (works as it does in the Toy Story 3 video game)

Super move: Karate Chop Action (summons Woody who grabs Buzz from behind and presses his karate chop action button to chop away at enemies)

Locomotion: Super jetpack jump (like his current super jump, but with a better animation that shows his wings extending and jetpack thrusters igniting)

Woody-

Melee attack: Pull-string lasso (allows Woody to swing enemies around in the air and throw them at other enemies)

Ranged attack: Pixar ball with greatly boosted power (conceptually, the move works well for Woody as it's taken from the Toy Story 3 video game and represents Pixar, but the power behind the attack needs to be drastically improved)

Super move: "Well I brought my dinosaur!" (Woody summons a giant Rex who attacks and eats a bunch of enemies)

Locomotion: Woody summons Bullseye (holding down the jump button would cause Bullseye to run up under Woody and catch him in mid-air).

rank_50
Muffin Man
Main Console: Wii U

Postby braiko » Tue May 26, 2015 11:11 am

Most wanted upgrade: SUPER MOVES. Here are some suggestions:

ELSA
(a) summon Marshmallow who goes on a rampage against enemies, or
(b) razor ice shards like when defending herself from the Weaselton guards

DAVY JONES:
(a) AoE Kraken tentacle damage in a cone in front of character

BARBOSSA
(a) summons zombie pirate allies to fight for a brief duration

RAPUNZEL:
(a) lets hair down and swings it around tangling nearby enemies, while healing allies and making them invulnerable for the duration

RALPH
(a) continual ground pummeling attack (combination of his melee attack and Donald's super)

DASH
(a) runs around in circles at high speed damaging all nearby enemies, much like cap's shield (credit to one of the other forum members for this suggestion)

SYNDROME
(a) lifts all surrounding enemies in the air then throws them back for damage, or
(b) summons large robot that goes on a rampage against enemies

SULLY
(a) a massive roar shockwave that knocks back all enemies

MIKE
(a) activates an aura that give Mike and allies/sidekicks increased movement speed and attack speed for a duration

JACK SKELLINGTON
(a) summons Santa's sled which drops several random-coloured spark capsules

SORCERER's APPRENTICE
(a) summons broomstick allies to fight for a brief duration
YNWA

rank_250
braiko
XBL ID:

Postby Infinite Mickey » Wed May 27, 2015 7:25 pm

HOLY CRUD! We reached 150 supporters!
Proud Wii U owner, and thinks that the console is the perfect Next Gen.

rank_1500_ftb
Infinite Mickey
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby The Scientist » Wed May 27, 2015 10:24 pm

Special abilities should be a standard for all characters. 2.0 has a special ability as standard for their characters along with a skill tree. Whatever happens in 3.0 the 2.0 and 1.0 characters should get whatever is standard.

It won't make sense to have Jedi as the most powerful characters in the universe because of many many reasons:
They can't make entire grid cities - Tron
They can't summon giant snowmen or winter storms - Frozen
They don't have unique abilities - Incredibles
They are not living cars - Cars
They don't have digital powers - Wreak-it-Ralph
Etc.
Plus their are many characters that don't need special powers to take on big challenges, like Cpt. Jack Sparrow, Woody, Anna, etc.

So really, in the star wars universe they are powerful, in Disney infinity. They are just as unique as every other character, no better and no worse.

Really they should just upgrade all the characters and give new moves and abilities to those that lack it, this should really be considered.

I don't get why 1.0 2.0 and 3.0 are considered different for characters, those are just numbers. I really believe it would be worth it to put development into all characters as the game improves. Maybe they just need some inspiration?

Elsa is an easy character, her attacks are just plain simple. So I went exploring into what sort of things she could do.
Each 1.0 character can have very simple upgrades, here it just shows Elsa shooting four snowballs instead of one.

I did a lot of exploring in this one, it would go along the lines of her special move "Ice Blast". Experimenting with colors, I later decided that yellow would be her attack color. Red was more defensive and blue was more constructive.

This was a bit hard to make, I did my best to make it as if it were actually in the game. Yellow being her attack ice, this is her ranged attack. (Acts kind of like one of Groots attacks. Also that's not fire, it is yellow ice I found online from the movie.)

I'll make more for other characters.
On an Orbital Fortress in between the earth and the moon.

rank_50
The Scientist

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements, Rules and Information